TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

Can you believe it - while sending Tesla my payment receipt, i mentioned a generous offer to take an earlier delivery date but they are yet to take me up on it!

• Funny x 2
  2. Kilak

Kilak Member

I had a call around 30 minutes ago from a Melbourne number 9021xxxx, no voice message left and when I call says the mailbox is 700. Most likely nothing like yours but seems we think alike.

• Like x 1
  3. TaylorP

TaylorP Member

Our rego papers arrived with the invoice, from the Sydney office. Tesla will need payment so you should get both papers very soon since they require payment two days before delivery. Good luck.

• Informative x 1
  4. TASKA9

TASKA9 Member

Red/Black?

5. frodo

frodo New Member

Canberra, Blue P-
    Delivery 30/9
    Hidden VIN 4433xx
    No invoice yet

• Like x 2
  6. aegidius

aegidius Member

So they're not getting any better, then? :)

7. paul3

paul3 Member

Yes, another Sydney LR AWD white, here and I got the same SMS at 12:02pm.

8. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

I received the call too. September 27 Brisbane. 4430xx. Very relieved to get the call.
    2245D5E5-627E-47BB-B915-AD469E2EEFD2.jpeg

• Like x 26
    • Love x 5
    • Funny x 2
  9. Hunt4more

Hunt4more Member

I have also made that offer a number of times and in a number of different ways. Each time the reply I get could be paraphrased as “Don’t call us we’ll call you.”

10. Priit

Priit Member

Where I come from we have this saying "Eventually every car will be like a Holden, some just take longer to get there." I suspect Tesla may be an exception to that.

• Funny x 1
  11. turbice

turbice Member

I got a miss call from 0291596564 , would this be Tesla by any chance?

12. AndrewSa

AndrewSa Member

Same here LR AWD white no VIn

13. m4rtin

m4rtin Member

The call I got in Sydney was from a mobile number.

• Like x 1
  14. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I got the message:

A quick note from Tesla Delivery. We are currently processing a very high volume of orders. We appreciate your continued patience during this busy time and will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for the call as it may not display a caller ID.

I ordered 2 weeks ago (or less) a Blue P3D+ so not sure how to take the above message....I was told by Tesla I would get my car “Estimated October”....just assumed that would be Tesla time and not get until November/December.....I am a Day 1 reservation holder, have 2x Tesla’s and plenty of referrals under my belt so not sure if that comes in to it....if I do get the 3 soon I guess it does mean Tesla are living up to their promise of prioritising existing owners/early reservationist

15. piplx_22

piplx_22 New Member

Your appointment must be very close to mine...

16. Kangojack

Kangojack Member

The EU has ridiculous rules like this that’s why the UK People want to get out of the EU.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. piplx_22

piplx_22 New Member

The delivery rep must have apologised about 10 times during my call for the delay in delivery (it was actually getting a bit annoying towards the end)... And about 8 times she thanked me for my patience and support of Tesla.

She did mention that there was an issue that prevented delivery of a large number of vehicles to Brisbane (no further info) but that this had been resolved and they were ramping up trying to arrange deliveries in Brisbane as quick as possible. She also said (after I mentioned I was a day 1 reservation holder) that some people that had no reservation but had received an earlier delivery date were having their dates pushed, to prioritise those that had early reservations. I don't know how true this is or if it was just a statement to make early reservation holders less annoyed.

However, another friend that made an order with no reservation, and had received a call last week, got informed yesterday that their date was being pushed back. Not sure if this backs up what I was told on the phone or was just a coincidence.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
  18. Kangojack

Kangojack Member

Ours is 4430xx SR+ in blue also Brisbane
    No call yet

19. aroth

aroth Member

It could be part of their strategy to make sure that both early reservation holders and late orderers are equally annoyed with the level of service they've received. :D

Anyways, how do you get the link to update the spreadsheet? My row is the one from '18/08/2019 12:17:16'.

• Helpful x 1
  20. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

Send a message to @Random206