Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got very excited when my mobile told me I had a call from Melbourne (my closest delivery centre), but it was just a scammer offering me the opportunity to be cheated out of my own money.

Sigh. Each day starts full of optimism, but ends up more like:

View attachment 453247

I had a call around 30 minutes ago from a Melbourne number 9021xxxx, no voice message left and when I call says the mailbox is 700. Most likely nothing like yours but seems we think alike.

Reactions: Dave3333
ok Andygen21, thanks...Hopefully the rego papers arrive a few days before scheduled delivery of 17th else I'll start bugging them. My VIN appeared on my account page today under the order number...its not much, but some sort of indication of progress. T-6 days and counting.

Our rego papers arrived with the invoice, from the Sydney office. Tesla will need payment so you should get both papers very soon since they require payment two days before delivery. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: cbrsr+
I received the call too. September 27 Brisbane. 4430xx. Very relieved to get the call.
2245D5E5-627E-47BB-B915-AD469E2EEFD2.jpeg

I got the message:

A quick note from Tesla Delivery. We are currently processing a very high volume of orders. We appreciate your continued patience during this busy time and will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for the call as it may not display a caller ID.

I ordered 2 weeks ago (or less) a Blue P3D+ so not sure how to take the above message....I was told by Tesla I would get my car “Estimated October”....just assumed that would be Tesla time and not get until November/December.....I am a Day 1 reservation holder, have 2x Tesla’s and plenty of referrals under my belt so not sure if that comes in to it....if I do get the 3 soon I guess it does mean Tesla are living up to their promise of prioritising existing owners/early reservationist

That is not exclusively UK issue. it is a EU legislation that does not allow adding tow bar after. I spoke with Tesla sales in Brisbane and they said that this is not an issue in AU. They are already adding tow bars here for Model X after delivery and will have no issues adding them to Model 3 once the tow bars come in stock here. They could not verify however when that would be. And this was not in writing just verbal conversation.
The EU has ridiculous rules like this that’s why the UK People want to get out of the EU.

The delivery rep must have apologised about 10 times during my call for the delay in delivery (it was actually getting a bit annoying towards the end)... And about 8 times she thanked me for my patience and support of Tesla.

She did mention that there was an issue that prevented delivery of a large number of vehicles to Brisbane (no further info) but that this had been resolved and they were ramping up trying to arrange deliveries in Brisbane as quick as possible. She also said (after I mentioned I was a day 1 reservation holder) that some people that had no reservation but had received an earlier delivery date were having their dates pushed, to prioritise those that had early reservations. I don't know how true this is or if it was just a statement to make early reservation holders less annoyed.

However, another friend that made an order with no reservation, and had received a call last week, got informed yesterday that their date was being pushed back. Not sure if this backs up what I was told on the phone or was just a coincidence.

I don't know how true this is or if it was just a statement to make early reservation holders less annoyed.

It could be part of their strategy to make sure that both early reservation holders and late orderers are equally annoyed with the level of service they've received. :D

Anyways, how do you get the link to update the spreadsheet? My row is the one from '18/08/2019 12:17:16'.

• Helpful
Reactions: jamesp