Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the invoice last week and paid. I then emailed them at the end of the week to confirm they have indeed received my payment and all rego details, today they emailed me saying yes all confirmed payment and rego details received. Yay. So I’m hoping i get a call like those lucky people saying delivery is early :)

Reactions: TaylorP
PERTH NOR
Got my LR AWD P+ early this morning. Looks like I was first for the week.
3 more on his run.
I think the driver mentioned ~another 10 this week.

Early, only spotted a small paint mark (already identified by freight guys) and I spotted the a undercar sill liner under the car had 1 plug out of place.
Otherwise, perfect new car condition.
More updates once work gets out of my way :D
View attachment 458042 View attachment 458043
Expecting mine sometime today south of the river

Then they have a different set up from continental Europe.

This video in a European Model 3 shows the screen (DAB rather than DAB+) at the 5 minute mark

You are very hard to convince aren't you?

Do this for me:
Go to 5:06 on the video you posted
Look at the channel list
See how some stations have "+" next to their name? Those are DAB+.
The guy is in Switzerland.
You can check each station for yourself and see that he is in fact
listening to DAB+ stations here --> DAB Ensembles Worldwide | Switzerland

• Love
Reactions: Vostok
Boy oh boy, I've never had such a big smile on my face while running errands. Feeling blessed after spotting this SR+ at the Airport West 350kw chargers. Aero wheels actually look great in person and so does the black paint. If this was your car, 1st of all, I'm jealous and 2nd, don't worry about the saved sentry clips (it's only me walking around the car with awe and excitement).

These chargers at Airport West will start to get a workout soon. Only decent charger on the Northwest side of Melbourne....

No posts about new source code VINs in the past few days. I guess the VINLESS team in now a minority.
I am still #VINLESS :-(

Reservation: 8/4/2016
Order: 4/6/2019
Vehicle: Blue P3D+
Melbourne pick up

Sent an email to Tesla last week, no response to date. Sent an email to a specific person I have previously talked to in delivery today, hopefully hear something soon. Three weeks ago I was told "late September", which is approaching and no word at all. I know that at least one Blue P3D+ was delivered to someone with a reservation years after mine, so I am becoming increasingly irate.

I emailed AU delivery team about 3 weeks ago. No response. Visited showroom in Brisbane. Morris said he would follow up. Got a response later that day (Saturday. Thanks Morris!). No real useful info, but may be helpful to other white interior #vinless people. The last line makes the process feel a little more ad-hoc than I would like.

Hi Jason,

As you might imagine we have a very high number of vehicles to deliver at the moment as we push to fill the orders of as many reservation holders as we can before the end of the quarter.

We will contact you as soon as a vehicle matching your specifications becomes available.

Kind Regards,

Ashton Reading | Delivery Assistant

1062 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006

e. [email protected]

Last edited:
You need to learn better charger etiquette, and also to not insult people trying to have a rational discussion with you. It loses any respect you might otherwise have. I assumed that you were at least needing to charge because you were nearing the max range of your vehicle, driving around the city. Apparently, this is not the case. It appears that you are looking for a place to park, not a fast charge. This is exactly the sort of use which Tesla and others are trying to discourage.

@WoodWombat

I have used supercharger once at Richmond. For 45mins. And paid for it. After 45mins, I moved the car. At 9:30pm at night with multiple free charging bays available. What charger etiquette are you referring to? With regards to insulting people, please do all of us a favour and go and read your own post first? Don't assume anything because you know zero about me or my EV needs. I didn't ask you for feedback and just because you have a misinformed opinion, doesn't mean you have to share it or I have to agree with it.

A rational discussion is between two intelligent people. Don't see that in your posts, sorry. Luckily, I do have the ignore button :D Moving on..for everyone's sake!

If you mean "I don't believe everything I read" then yes, I think we could all benefit from that particularly vis-a-vis Tesla.
Does the + mean its broadcasting to the car in + or also available in +?

Thanks for the info, it does indeed look like the Swiss stations are all +.

Understand there's a lot of rumour and hearsay on a Tesla forum. I didn't know how else to convey to you what I meant when I said "I am 100% sure". Perhaps telling you that a close family member who lives in London has a Model 3 which I've sat in and played with recently may have made a difference.

The stations with + at the end are only broadcasting in DAB+. I know it says DAB up the top. So does my 2015 BMW here in Australia.
How about we focus all this energy to get Tesla to enable it for us.

Understand there's a lot of rumour and hearsay on a Tesla forum. I didn't know how else to convey to you what I meant when I said "I am 100% sure". Perhaps telling you that a close family member who lives in London has a Model 3 which I've sat in and played with recently may have made a difference.

The stations with + at the end are only broadcasting in DAB+. I know it says DAB up the top. So does my 2015 BMW here in Australia.
How about we focus all this energy to get Tesla to enable it for us.
The London stations are broadcast in DAB and DAB+ hence the ambiguity and my follow up questions.

So yeah its weird they've not enabled it here even though it doesn't really bother me. It obviously bothers enough people that they should enable it.

Reactions: sczsimos
Got an unhappy call from Tesla today.

"Due to unforseen circumstances, my vehicle will not be able to be picked up until October 21st".
They don't know what the unforseen circumstances are, they were just given a list to call and push back.

Fml I was picking it up on 30th September!!!

Not the call I was hoping to get after seeing everyone picking their cars up early after being brought forward!

• Disagree
Reactions: jontyh

"Due to unforseen circumstances, my vehicle will not be able to be picked up until October 21st".
They don't know what the unforseen circumstances are, they were just given a list to call and push back.

Not the call I was hoping to get after seeing everyone picking their cars up early after being brought forward!

That really stinks. I feel bad for you random.

Sorry to hear that. I’ve completed your form for my car. Thanks for keeping the database.

Reactions: TaylorP