Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the screen - it's fine, feels natural (though I need to learn what some of the icons mean).
I found the same. Took a short amount of time to get used to, but after that, the screen and using the right hand stalk just felt natural. When I first got in I was thinking that I wouldn't know how do do anything. Flash the lights? Change radio stations? Find out what radio station I'm on? Disengage AP easily? It all came to me fairly quickly after that.

Using the stalks - hit the gearshift once when I meant to indicate while traveling at highway speeds. The car beeped at me and nothing else happened. My wife did the same while driving at a slower speed. No beeps (or anything else).
That typically engages AP, but it will not engage if a) not calibrated, b) conditions not right, c) other issue with car preventing its activation - eg brake fluid too low. Speaking of which, if you're comfortable with doing so, I advise you to check your brake fluid. Reservoir is in the frunk underneath the top cover - it just pulls off. It won't leave you stranded, but it'll annoy you and disable some features if the fluid is low.

Track mode - I have a 'Track Mode' option on the screen, but it's grayed out and tapping it does nothing. Not sure if there's a trick or something to making it work?
I believe the car needs to be "on". Try hitting the brake and trying again. If that doesn't work, put the car into neutral or drive.

Fog lights - same as 'Track Mode', options are visible for front/rear fog lights but tapping does nothing.
Greyed out or normal but non-functional? Hitting the fog light buttons definitely should work on a P. They even work on my SR+. You may want to try a double scroll wheel hold reboot, or contact service.

Software version - car delivered with '2019.32.2.2 (da05838)'
Same here.
The default balance put the sound a little too far forward for my liking, shifted it back a bit.
I found exactly the same thing!

Anyone else notice a significant increase in battery drain on their phone after pairing with the car?
No change in battery drain for me.

Reactions: aroth
Hi Guys.
I picked up my SR+ on 12 of September, but I realised today the the wiper washer doesn't dispense any washer fluid. It appears it is empty and was never filled when delivered, but no warning light ever came on to indicate low level of washer fluid.
I did put a little bit of water in it today, but still no washer fluid is dispensed. I will have to full load it with water and see if works at all.

Can you check and confirm if the wiper does dispense any water or was it filled at all when delivered and if the you have seen any warning for washer fluid?
So, my car's not wet and didn't want to use the washer, but I did check the fluid levels. The manual said it's supposed to be filled up to the turn in the filler neck. Mine must have taken a good 2L of water to fill to that level! Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully that's the last thing I need to do - I topped up the brake fluid on Monday after getting a warning about it.

Since placing the order of our Model 3 SR+ on May 31st my 5yo son and I have been counting down the days by crossing them off on his calendar. I tucked him away earlier in bed and we were both giggling like school kids about how there is only '1 more sleep left' until we get the Tesla. He comes home from school tomorrow to 2 weeks of school holidays and a new Tesla. I also got a mattress which fits in the back and plan to take him Tesla camping on the weekend. Our delivery date is FINALLY here!....

Then disaster strikes.. getting ready to jump in bed (I have no idea how I'm going to sleep, but decide to go through the motions anyway) I get an email from Tesla.

Firstly my sincere apologies for this very late email but I wanted to ensure I provide an update on your vehicle tonight.

We have been awaiting the arrival of your vehicle at our Delivery Centre, however as of this time it has still not arrived and we have been advised that it will not arrive and they are unable to fulfill the movement of your vehicle in time for your appointment tomorrow.

I am awaiting an update from our Logistics Team on a firm ETA for your vehicle. As soon as I have this information I will contact you to reschedule your delivery.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and I will be in contact shortly

Absolutely devastated. We have been waiting for this day for so, so long. SO DAMN LONG.... and on the 11th hour I get this. I'm at a loss for words. Heartbroken.

The weird thing is that they emailed me yesterday saying my car was in early and that I could pick it up today. But I was working all day and had taken the day off work tomorrow to pick up so opted to keep the planned schedule. So where is the car then? My VIN is assigned, they said I could get it today. What happened?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Did you notice any twichiness with it being RWD? A number of the reviews have mentioned this during high speed turns along with rough ride on the bumps. I am hoping the Aus car has better shocks and been adjusted to suit Aus better.
I own both a RWD (LR) and an AWD. The traction control is amazing. It is hard to get a squeak out of the RWD or AWD. Even on rainy days it doesn't break the rear. This compares to a Mustang and a Genesis R-Spec which could easily break the rear on rainy days. Now, I am sure you can break the rear if pushing to the limit. I am talking about taking off when the light turns green.

P- has better acceleration and higher max speed. However, the LR AWD has an extra 60km in the advertised range (620 vs 560). Lots of people are claiming the cars have the same hardware, so the actual range would be the same, but I haven't seen anything to verify this (I'm just hoping it's true).
Range diffewrences among AWD cars (AWD, P-, P+) appears to be mostly driven by differences in tires with the 18" Aeros with EV oriented (low rolling resistance) tires getting the best range.

Lots of Model 3’s in Richmond today

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-26_23-20-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-26_23-20-17.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 83
So, my car's not wet and didn't want to use the washer, but I did check the fluid levels. The manual said it's supposed to be filled up to the turn in the filler neck. Mine must have taken a good 2L of water to fill to that level! Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully that's the last thing I need to do - I topped up the brake fluid on Monday after getting a warning about it.
My pleasure :) Does your car actually dispense any washer fluid when you long press he left joystick (or whatever we should call it)?

Opticoat is VERY worth it from first impressions IMHO. ALL minor delivery scratches gone. The paint looks liquid glossy, deep and dark.

Anyone on the Gold Coast it’s worth visiting Phil at Squeaky Clean Detailing on the Gold Coast Squeaky Clean Detailing – The difference is in the detail
(No conflict of interest, just a happy customer)

I believe Opticoat didn't hide scratches. According to my detailer, the detailer needs to fix all paint defects before applying the coating; otherwise, it will stay under the coating forever.

I agree with you... it worths the money.

Since placing the order of our Model 3 SR+ on May 31st my 5yo son and I have been counting down the days by crossing them off on his calendar. I tucked him away earlier in bed and we were both giggling like school kids about how there is only '1 more sleep left' until we get the Tesla. He comes home from school tomorrow to 2 weeks of school holidays and a new Tesla. I also got a mattress which fits in the back and plan to take him Tesla camping on the weekend. Our delivery date is FINALLY here!....

Then disaster strikes.. getting ready to jump in bed (I have no idea how I'm going to sleep, but decide to go through the motions anyway) I get an email from Tesla.

Absolutely devastated. We have been waiting for this day for so, so long. SO DAMN LONG.... and on the 11th hour I get this. I'm at a loss for words. Heartbroken.

The weird thing is that they emailed me yesterday saying my car was in early and that I could pick it up today. But I was working all day and had taken the day off work tomorrow to pick up so opted to keep the planned schedule. So where is the car then? My VIN is assigned, they said I could get it today. What happened?
Very sorry to hear that.

Sorry for your son jaykaye

Just in case it makes you feel any better, I am in exactly the same situation. Got up this morning when I noticed an e-mail from late last night, that our car is not going to be ready for our 9:00am delivery appointment.

The registration for our trade-in car expires 29 September 2019, so I will have to drop off our old car some time today anyway.

... and yes, it has now been a character-building 1,277 days of waiting.

I am not angry though, as I know that everyone at Tesla is trying to get me my car ASAP.

Fortunately, my son is currently overseas, so I do not have to deal with his disappointment.

Sorry to hear man. Same thing happened to me. Had a pick up scheduled today (Melb) and was called yesterday afternoon to say they don’t have it yet. Rescheduled to Monday, for now. Yeah I’m super disappointed as it ruins my weekend plans, but it is what it is. Whenever yours shows up, rest assured that Tesla are throwing absolutely everything at getting out deliveries ASAP. The team are working insane hours and are doing everything they can. Once it finally arrives you won’t care and all the delays will be a distant memory.

Sorry to hear man. Same thing happened to me. Had a pick up scheduled today (Melb) and was called yesterday afternoon to say they don’t have it yet. Rescheduled to Monday, for now. Yeah I’m super disappointed as it ruins my weekend plans, but it is what it is. Whenever yours shows up, rest assured that Tesla are throwing absolutely everything at getting out deliveries ASAP. The team are working insane hours and are doing everything they can. Once it finally arrives you won’t care and all the delays will be a distant memory.

So that's 3 people who had scheduled pickups today which are delayed. Anyone know what's going on?? Did they lose a few trucks??

• Funny
Reactions: MonicaPlease

Jaykaye are you in Sydney? I remember we're in the same VIN range, same spec same colour. As far as we know, we're still taking delivery at Alexandria later today *fingers crossed*

With the end of Q push, I'm sure you'll get it by Monday. Or try emailing back you'll take a P- instead ;)

So, if I remember correctly, somewhere a few hundred pages back someone mentioned that there may be some Tesla get together in Brisbane area. I was wondering when that was and if there was anything in Gold Coast area happening also. I will hopefully be getting my car tomorrow and would not mind getting some good advice and comparing mine to others in the area :p
There's a Model 3 Qld Owners' group on FB.

Jaykaye are you in Sydney? I remember we're in the same VIN range, same spec same colour. As far as we know, we're still taking delivery at Alexandria later today *fingers crossed*

With the end of Q push, I'm sure you'll get it by Monday. Or try emailing back you'll take a P- instead ;)

Yes. Sydney. White SR+ with FSD. I'm heading to Alexandria now anyway. If anyone there let me know and we can drown our sorrows in a coffee together

So this happened:
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon opened the floodgates for US to get v10. Apparently the rest of the world will get this once some regulatory approval happens, so here is really hopeful that this will be soon :)
This is off-topic, bit if you scroll down his Twitter, there are a few messages (allegedly from EM himself) about an BTC and ETH “giveaway”. If you navigate to the sites that the messages direct you towards, you land on pages with variants of this text:

“Our marketing department at Tesla HQ came up with an idea: to hold a special giveaway for all cryptocurrency fans out there. I believe it’s a good way to say thank you for all your support. Conditions are pretty simple. Just navigate to these websites to learn more:
http://tesla.com/elonmusk/btc_get/  — for free BTC
http://tesla.com/elonmusk/eth_get/ — for free ETH
Bonus: If you send in 1 BTC or 10 ETH , you will get the Grand Prize: a brand new Tesla Model S Performance with Midnight Silver Metallic, Solid Black and Red Multi-Coat exterior, delivery included. If you did that, just make sure to DM me on Twitter or reach me out at [email protected] and we’ll sort everything out. Good news, yes, you will also get 10 BTC or 100 ETH with this!”

And the scam red flag (apart from this being conducted in BTC and ETH) is that the URLs above on the website actually don’t go to the address listed, but to an address on the non-tesla.com website that you originally landed on. If you type in the URLs above directly, you get a “404 page not found” error.

And then if you look very closely at the account name of the Twitter poster, it isn’t Elon Musk, but “Elon Musk ” with a bunch of invisible non-ASCII characters after the “k”, and the actual handle is “@eIoxumusk” not “@elonmusk”.

SCAM!!!