TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

(waiting for your super long and detailed follow up in the Raven S thread, Gren...)

• Like x 1
  2. Vostok

Vostok Member

This took me back to high school with the English Master :)

But your point is well made... few people seem to care these days about the quality of their writing. People who write for a living (or even as a hobby) have no real excuse to make that many egregious errors. The author had all the time in the world to get it right before publishing.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. Bluebay

Bluebay Member

hehe . ..I like to make things happen . At least that's the plan :)

4. TaylorP

TaylorP Member

Jason, great detailed review and fantastic photos - your car looks wonderful in the shots. Thank you. Very helpful article.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  5. TaylorP

TaylorP Member

Glad you weren’t my English teacher in school, good teaching picks up on the positives as well as any negatives (and many of the negatives you mentioned were only typos not so much spelling errors).
    This was an informative article and will be helpful to many new owners and those considering a Model 3 purchase.

• Like x 2
  6. WoodWombat

WoodWombat Member

The Author asked for feedback and proofreading, which is what I supplied. Since the Author has a spell checker and is working as a professional journalist, none of the errors that I picked out were acceptable. If I had truly wanted to be critical, I would have torn the article to pieces stylistically and grammatically, instead, I just picked the most visible and egregious errors so that the article could be polished to the level where it would not put off educated readers.

The useful information supplied in the article is unfortunately undermined by the way that it is written.

• Like x 11
  7. meowsers

meowsers Member

Tesla hasn’t responded to my deposit refund emails for weeks, so I just did a chargeback through amex.

Tbh I wouldn’t even bother emailing them if anyone else is in a similar position. Waste of time, but you have to attempt contact so you can tell the credit card company you tried.

• Like x 3
  8. Crynja

Crynja Member

Zac dropped by my office yesterday and replaced my 12V battery. He is the best. So glad to have him in Canberra. This whole "we'll come to you" deal is awesome. The only problem I have with my model 3 is a bit of door trim on the drivers B pillar not clipping in right. Zac tried to fix it but it will require a replacement part. Other than that the car is pretty perfect. Loving it. The long wait has almost been forgotten.

• Like x 3
  9. jyavenard

jyavenard Member

The entire bottom trim wasn't of the front left door was improperly set. The rubber was actually underneath the carpet. The trim along the B pillar was also not fully running underneath the rubber joint.

Wasn't going to bother Tesla with that one, it was a 5 minutes job.

10. aroth

aroth Member

This must be some kind of record.

[​IMG]

11. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

I cannot see the image...

• Like x 2
  12. MC3OZ

MC3OZ Member

I spotted my first Model 3 today (apart from mine).

I turned onto a road and drove behind an identical White Model 3, my wife had spotted it earlier..

It was interesting looking an an identical car from behind...

• Like x 1
  13. Mendol

Mendol Member

How do you get in touch with Zac? I have a misaligned trim piece above the left back seat, and was told to log it through the app, and had to choose a service center. I would love him to come over and take a look at it instead for me to take the car in Syd.

14. nuckles

nuckles Member

Townsville right. I think I am getting to see most Townsville cars. Carways always come to the easement at my work to drop cars off and to move them around on th truck
    Seen 3 trucks today with 2 on each. What colour will keep a eye out.

15. aroth

aroth Member

How about now?

4FQadOS.png

(or if it still doesn't work, returned to find 90 sentry events after leaving the car parked for ~3 hours; that's like one event every 2 minutes)

• Like x 1
  16. Gnat666

Gnat666 Member

...parked on a busy road?

17. Priit

Priit Member

I suspect that sentry mode software still needs some tinkering. I tend to get a large number of those also and even though I have selected to exclude home form sentry mode, I have noticed that some mornings I have a number of events even in my garage. When reviewing the videos, all they contain is the garage walls and no activities, so it does record way too much of nothing.

• Like x 1
  18. aroth

aroth Member

Public carpark near a beach access. I think it triggered an event every time someone walked down the footpath in front of the car. Most of them didn't even look at it.

19. ATSC

ATSC Member

I got a message today saying I had overplayed. They asked for bank details and stated it could take up to 4 weeks to refund...

20. SR22pilot

SR22pilot Member

I'm reading through the nice review. When it comes to cabin heat you forgot to mention cabin overheat protection. This is different from Dog Mode. I leave it on all the time. Even if I forget to pre-cool the car, it keeps it from being super bad. Since the A/C turns on the moment the door opens (something else not mentioned) then getting into the car is much nicer than an over heated ICE car. In winter, the instant heat (no water to warm up) is also very nice. OK, back to reading.

• Informative x 3