Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have enjoyed most of you posters. Was enthusiastic, for awhile, reading and checking account, a daily routine, but need a new car. Have got cold feet on the lack of customer service, waiting 2 months, since order. Would wait, if I even had a realistic timeline from a human. Imagine if I had any difficulties, AFTER they had my money? One more Tesla available, for those waiting. Enjoy your taste of the future. I might come back in a few years, when Tesla is less arrogant. Too many Ozzies willing to buy, with no customer service. Why would they bother?

It’s not that bad. It’s not bad at all. If you want an electric car go for it. I’ve done a fair bit of complaining on here, I also drive the most awesome car ever. Go search my username on the VW Golf, WRX and Merc AMG forums and you’ll find me complaining about them too. And none of them come close to a Tesla.

Adding my experience to the positive ones. Once a car was allocated to me everything happened promptly, the communication was great. The car was immaculate on pick up with no defects, charged to 75%. Sure the handover was short, but I could have taken longer, I just wanted to start driving! Of course, the car is beyond amazing. The only difficulty is the amount of time I now spend answering questions about the car - so many people are really interested!

My collection experience was positive, though there were some minor defects recorded by the helpful staff.
I found some more since which made me a little unhappy.

Currently, the service is terrible, no communication or weeks later and not much help.
Ordering accessories is terrible, no visibility of progress.
I'm delayed getting ceramic since I need to wait a month for the service appointment (booked in app, no idea if it'll be successful). No idea if they were going to arrange something if I didn't book this spot.

I just emailed Sydney delivery some notes on my experience so far, hopefully it's constructive. They had finally replied to an email I sent on 24 September asking about getting FSD (which I sorted via phone on 26 September but they didn't even know that).

The car is amazing though, I love it.

So to even things out - if anybody else was actually HAPPY with their order/pre/delivery experience please pipe up and say so cos this forum is getting a bit depressing.

Count us in too as happy customers. We had phone calls from Sydney Delivery and an answer to an email. We were also contacted by Carways Canberra to ask if we would like to pick our car up there. We went in the next day to pick it up and it had been cleaned before we went in. We had about an hour with Carways staff who introduced us to the car and fitted plates for us. We couldn’t find any paint defects or misaligned panels, but the car had only 20% charge. The Carways staff apologised that they don’t have charging facilities. After picking up our car we had a call from Sydney delivery again to check all was well and we did ring back later with a question. Since then we’ve had 2 emails each with a request to complete a survey. The first one was about delivery and the second about home charging. We feel we’ve had a great experience with buying our Tesla. The car itself blows our minds. It is such a thrill to drive and we learn something new about it nearly every day. We’re so excited about powering our car from our solar panels and battery and not having to ever buy petrol again and our model 3 made that possible.

I called Tesla service today, finally convinced myself to purchase FSD.

Amazingly, my call went through (it typically hangs up after a while that they are too busy). They took my credit card over the phone, and told me it would be active within 2 days.

1 hour later, when I picked up my car again, summon was showing in the settings. So pretty please.

Pretty cool, it really doesn't serve much purpose for now. Parallel self-parking is pretty useless, 90% of the time the P doesn't show. Perpendicular driving however is 100% success rate, and park perfectly centered between the two other cars.

And Tesla found me a new charger yesterday, so that was also a pleasant surprise.

What was the process involved? Did you have to organise that yourself?

Personally, I got it done by the detailer who did my PPF and paint protection (Liquid-R in Balwin, highly recommended). He quoted me $350 to buf every single scratch and swirls.

There were two he couldn't remove (on the boot), but it told me I wouldn't see them outdoor was only showing due to their special room lighting. And indeed, once I was out of his garage, I couldn't see a thing.

I will get my rear bumper resprayed however, as there's a scratch that went deep in the plastic there. Tesla has given me a list of panel beater. I just need to show there, won't cost me a cent they said, they have an account with each of them.

Reactions: TaylorP
Tesla is cash strapped, that’s the main problem. No money to provide any service, not even the bare minimum in some instances.
How expensive is basic logistics software that tracks cars and then provides updates to customers?

And then hiring a local communications team is not that expensive either.

Tesla isn’t profitable but they have money to run the company properly.

I got my car on Tuesday and it had no faults.

The Key-Fob I picked up in the USA (not proximity) works fine and I somehow ended up with 2 sets of Genuine Tesla Wheel Cap Kits (mix-up). They are really nice but I need to sell one if anyone is interested - DM me. The Tesla box is still sealed and I just want what I paid (I even bought them in a State with no Sales Tax!)

I got my car on Tuesday and it had no faults.

I can say with 99% confidence that you must not have looked very closely :)

I can't imagine a car without paint dust or scratches or swirls. Every single M3 I looked at so far had them (there were 4 in the richmond service centre on Monday I looked at).
While I was there, I also noticed a dent in the metal rim around the windows. Tesla person took a photo and mentioned on how it's been very frequent for those to be damaged. She ordered a new one.