Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the "Proposed SUTI Date" has been set as 1-June-2019 it is possible that the vehicle is already in Australia or they expect the vehicle to be used for testing to arrive before that. They still have almost a week to get it here. I would be interested if they are allowed to open configurations and purchases before they get that test done?
I understand your doubt. I was surprised I got a response as well. Somebody must have a weekend shift monitoring the emails and calls!

I thought that this was interesting on the VIN decoder:
There are three locations of VIN on the vehicle:
1. on the vin plate, under windshield
2. Vin scribed on B pillar
3. Manufacturing plate
See the vin decoder below and in the attachment.
position 8: ? - can be A-Single motor standard or B - dual motor standard
position 9: & - X check digit
position 10: $ - represents the model year, K stands for 2019
position 11: % - can be F- Fremont, CA
position 12-17: 000000-999999 - unique sequential code

23May20192025001.jpg
The photo from RVCS Road Vehicle Descriptor Page

• Informative
Reactions: aegidius
3 typical Engine numbers are shown 3D1, 3D5 and 3D3. Not sure what that means but maybe its RWD , AWD and AWD (perf)
It might also be the 3 different motors that are known for Model 3 so far. According to Tesla Model 3 - Wikipedia there are 2 different power rated motors for PMSRM motors for driving the rear wheels and an induction motor for the front wheels. So the 3 motor numbers might cover those? The slight power difference from the motor rated KW in that article might be coming from the updates that Tesla has done over the software to increase range and performance as the details in the Wiki article were there before that software update.

note that 356kw is AWD perf and 225Kw is RWD
Tare of 1726 Kg corresponds to RWD LR
Tare of 1856Kg is close to 1847 kg quoted for AWD LR and AWD LR perf. Not sure why it would be heavier down under? Something to do with RHD setup???

Probably just updated as Tesla is constantly making changes, how old is the other weight?

Another possibility is we are getting the new Maxwell active suspension that just came out on the S/X???

First look at Tesla's adaptive suspension for the Model S and X refresh
https://www.maxwell.com/solutions/transportation/auto/active-suspension

not sure if they also have the Maxwell electric steering and braking system? https://www.maxwell.com/solutions/transportation/auto/electric-power-assisted-steering-braking

If the Tesla Semi has these systems it could be one of, if not, the smoothest semi's on the road? I wonder if the suspension is actually a net generator of power?