Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They must be busy, i’ve called twice in the last three days and after waiting on hold for ages ended up having to leave a message. I’ve also emailed Tesla Aus twice and no response.......
From what I can see on here and Facebook is that they are fielding 100s of dumb questions that could be found in google and lots of people just fishing for information because they are anxious to get their car. Has to be a tough gig.

Hey all! Have been following this thread for a while and it has been full of great information, thanks!

I ordered a touch up paint kit from the Tesla online store to have it delivered through Ausposts Shopmate service. It has now arrived at their warehouse in the US but has been marked as dangerous goods. They need a MSDS for the product before they will ship it. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone have an MSDS for the touch up paint kit? I have requested through Tesla but not sure how long that response will be.
Can i suggest you just go to crash shop and get them to mix some paint they can colour match....probably cost less than purchase/shipping/shopmate/hassle. Hope that helps

Reactions: one4spl
Can i suggest you just go to crash shop and get them to mix some paint they can colour match....probably cost less than purchase/shipping/shopmate/hassle. Hope that helps
You are probably right. I don’t really need it yet as I am waiting for my car to be delivered still. I was buying the aero wheel caps and some accessories from the Tesla store and though I would grab the touch up paint while I was in there as I know I would be very dirty if I got a scratch on my brand new Model 3

You are probably right. I don’t really need it yet as I am waiting for my car to be delivered still. I was buying the aero wheel caps and some accessories from the Tesla store and though I would grab the touch up paint while I was in there as I know I would be very dirty if I got a scratch on my brand new Model 3

This what I was going to do lucky I didn't by the looks of it, I might just wait for the Tesla store in Australia to maybe stock these items?

Seems pretty cheeky to place an order on something that lists an item and then remove to remove them later. :( I guess I will just have to live without them. Are they still physically on the car, just software locked?
Yeah, although I think I can live without fog lights! I’ve never had them before anyway!

Not sure if they are physically there or not. If you go back a few pages someone posted a letter from Tesla explaining the fog light omission.

Yeah not looking good. It is not spray paint but it is automotive paint. Will need to wait and see if Tesla send me a MSDS. Thanks for your help everyone!
I ordered 8ml touch-up paint for the Aero rims through Amazon. It was drop shipped to YouShop / NZ Post in the US.
When it arrived at YouShop they asked for the MSDS etc. After a few emails, logic was not winning out, so I ended getting it disposed (for free).
$12 USD + post lost and lesson learnt :(

I ordered 8ml touch-up paint for the Aero rims through Amazon. It was drop shipped to YouShop / NZ Post in the US.
When it arrived at YouShop they asked for the MSDS etc. After a few emails, logic was not winning out, so I ended getting it disposed (for free).
$12 USD + post lost and lesson learnt :(
The wife trashed a wheel......again. The painter gave me a small vial of paint for touchup for free, but agreed the way she drives a 4 litre drum of paint is more likely what I need