Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then let the people who buy those cars charge, at a premium. Bill them 50 cents per kWh instead of 42 for Tesla owners, or make them pay an annual subscription fee for access, or whatever.

Dictating the terms of access is one of the perks of being the only company investing in infrastructure. On that much we agree. I just don't think using the perk to exclude others simply because Tesla owners don't want to wait a bit for a spot at a supercharger is a positive.

If the goal is more EV's and fewer ICE vehicles on the road, then everyone should be welcome to charge (for a price). The pain/cost of having more people competing for chargers (and/or monopolistic price gouging on non-Tesla owners) will help drive more investment in charging infrastructure from other players.

That might happen one day but remember until recently superchargers could only charge tesla cars from a connection pov because tesla had to invent a high power charger themselves.

Model Code: M3E3DP;

Maximum Rated Towed Mass:
750kg unbraked trailer
910kg braked trailer

Where did you get this information?

Is this for a P- or a P+ In Australia?, I just got off the phone with vicroads because I want to tow with my P+.

They told me in their system it’s only 500kg unbraked / 500kg braked for the E3DP. Just like in rvts.

I asked if it matters what it says on the car, and they said it’s whatever the manufacturer tells them on import, not what’s printed on the car. This is troubling because I wanted to tow.

She said if I exceed these limits I am liable to getting an overweight fine which is something like $2000

58A87AE0-5A76-49B9-8707-196C29D03453.png

Yes. I want more EV's and fewer ICE cars on the road, not manufacturer-exclusive charging infrastructure.
But with motoring organisations (NRMA etc) building their own fast charging networks, and apparently our coal-loving and EV-mocking government also now wanting to build one, “manufacturer-exclusive charging infrastructure“ is not exactly stopping progress for everyone else.

Received my invoice, number 194. Interesting that people with higher invoice number got it earlier.

So payment must be made by EFT? I'm due to pick up the car on Monday morning, when should I make the payment you think? (I'd like to earn as much interest on those funds as I can before letting them go!)

• Informative
Reactions: Vedaprime
Received my invoice, number 194. Interesting that people with higher invoice number got it earlier.

So payment must be made by EFT? I'm due to pick up the car on Monday morning, when should I make the payment you think? (I'd like to earn as much interest on those funds as I can before letting them go!)
What, $10/day, being generous? How much would you pay to avoid having your Monday delivery delayed?

I’d get a bank cheque from your bank and walk it to their bank.

Reactions: Random206

I was under the impression they wanted the invoice paid 7 days before delivery, could be wrong. You could test if paying later delays delivery...

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Speaking of fast charger availability, hopefully this comes to fruition: https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...rk-for-electric-vehicles-20190825-p52klp.html

It'd be great to have national fast charger coverage.
I was initially really excited by this until I read that North Queensland is again duped with "destination chargers". One craves the ability to have more than just 50kw on tap! It certainly takes the joy out of road tripping when you have to plan for such slow charge rates.

I actually emailed off Evie and offered to provide the site, close to the CBD, should they want to install a 350kw ultra-fast charger in Cairns!

Last edited:

Is it a direct transfer or Bpay? Check your transfer limits as you may not have one high enough to do it all in one go. You may need to call your bank to get it upped prior to sending. Depending on the method, their bank, your bank etc. it may be an overnight transfer (or even 2 days in limited circumstances) so a transfer after the cut-off on Friday evening would not be seen by Tesla until Tuesday AM. Simple answer is line up your ducks, understand your bank's limit and cut-off time, and do it no later than Thursday day. The interest is negligible (and if it is more the $6 a day please let me know what account you have!).