Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my source in the shipping industry has given me updated information on model 3 tracking. Not sure how trustworthy the source is now, so take it as a rumour.

Apparently, now there are only 100 cars on each ship as Tesla is not booking space on them. Rather, they are continuing to just fill spare space that would be otherwise unused. Each ship after Cap Capricorn still has cars on it apparently.

This sort of makes sense because there seems to have been a limited number of calls to organise delivery which would be caused by an actual lack of cars.

I cant find the 'sad face' button ....

Will everyone be getting windows tinted ? I normally get every new car done and assume the M3 will need it also.
Just getting the sides. The forums on the Tesla site suggested that getting the back done left a line across the glass that looked a bit rubbish with the way the roof glass tint fades as it goes back into the back window area. I figured I can always get it done later.

Just getting the sides. The forums on the Tesla site suggested that getting the back done left a line across the glass that looked a bit rubbish with the way the roof glass tint fades as it goes back into the back window area. I figured I can always get it done later.

It only depends on how rubbish your tinter is. It is possible to do these in one piece.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
E97E9DD5-7109-48D7-B559-EDC2512EBD38.jpeg

So my source in the shipping industry has given me updated information on model 3 tracking. Not sure how trustworthy the source is now, so take it as a rumour.

Apparently, now there are only 100 cars on each ship as Tesla is not booking space on them. Rather, they are continuing to just fill spare space that would be otherwise unused. Each ship after Cap Capricorn still has cars on it apparently.

This sort of makes sense because there seems to have been a limited number of calls to organise delivery which would be caused by an actual lack of cars.

The vin ranges are still much wider than what would indicate 100 cars on each, even accounting for gaps. Also demand seems to be way more than that. It would take many months to clear. I think rumour category is best to keep this.

500 number on Cap looks solid. Invoiced vins ranged 4427xx - 4437xx. But really we don’t know the number on each ship thereafter. I am keen on Brotonne given its load time was more than double normal in Oakland and the vin ranges available still free. But Kota and Brotonne vins currently cover only a 300 range each, compared to the first batch of Cap.

Mandy has a invoiced Kota vin, so we will need to keep an eye on invoiced vins this week.

Last edited: