Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Luckily our cars should be real leather steering wheels.

These militant vegans already bragging about paying $550 to have it switched out by Tesla Service on existing cars, while at the same time pretending to care about "the environment". Virtue signalling at its finest. Nevermind the fact that you probably wasted way more resources by replacing the steering wheel on a perfectly good car. The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.
The real question is whether the upholstery will last like leather.

FTFY Leilani Münter on Twitter

"Excited to share my Model 3 steering wheel was swapped for the new leather-free wheel and retrofits are now available via @Tesla mobile service. Cost is $550 for wheel and ~$50 service charge. The new cow-friendly wheel has a much nicer feel to it! "

If your stance is anti-leather, seems reasonable to back that with action and your money though. Even if they're obnoxious or whatever they're still walking their walk (in vegan shoes of course).

These militant vegans already bragging about paying $550 to have it switched out by Tesla Service on existing cars, while at the same time pretending to care about "the environment". Virtue signalling at its finest. Nevermind the fact that you probably wasted way more resources by replacing the steering wheel on a perfectly good car. The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze.
It’s not necessarily “hypocrisy”. Vegan philosophy is partly about the environment but mostly about what they see as cruelty to animals, so they are hardly going to be complicit in that by having a leather steering wheel in their car. If they didn’t change it out, then they would certainly be accused of being hypocrites for tolerating it. Damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.

Has anybody bought the Evannex All weather mats? They say they are reversible (you just flip the logo over) for RHD. They look good, and I like the mat for the back seat down that just extends the boot mat. Any ideas on what shipping will cost?

EVANNEX All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3

I did see those, but I didn't buy them (got the Luckeasy ones instead) because they dont seem to "catch" the dirt because there is just a flat transition to the carpet. But if you're not a dirty person they would certainly work. I will be cleaning the car few and far between and I've found the mats that go all the way up the sides are better for my needs.

FTFY Leilani Münter on Twitter

"Excited to share my Model 3 steering wheel was swapped for the new leather-free wheel and retrofits are now available via @Tesla mobile service. Cost is $550 for wheel and ~$50 service charge. The new cow-friendly wheel has a much nicer feel to it! "

So someone puts their money where their mouth is and you call them militant.
You should be happy, one less leather steering wheel means one more quality handbag for you to swing around in anger.

*Spreadsheet update*

The new addition of the ship name and arrival date, and the registration date of your VIN was being done manually. Hence when you updated your response and you had a valid VIN number the 3 columns of your last 6 digits of your VIN, the ship name and arrival date and the registration date of your VIN were blank until I was able to check it and fill down the formulas to your rows, as Google creates a new row in the spreadsheet instead of placing the values you submit in the already available rows. This means any formulas I add are not included on newly submitted responses.

Until now.

I've written a script that runs in the background that will now add the formulas automatically and then fill down the formulas in the columns every time a new response is submitted/updated.

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

I agree. Luckily our cars should be real leather steering wheels.

I wouldn’t take on Leilani Munter our NASCAR racing Vegan Hippie Chick. She and others are the reason Tesla’s now feature Vegan Leather interiors. Her entire life is a challenge to the status quo.

Reactions: Blue heaven