Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long it usually takes Tesla to generate an invoice after the finance comapny asks for one? The email from Pepper is the first movement I've had on my order since placing it so I'm not sure if it suggests there will be imminent progress or not...
It depends on whether Tesla is ready to give you one. For me, my finance company requested the invoice weeks ago, and there has been no sign of it. If I had a vehicle assigned then I suspect that it would have been issued instantly.

Hi All,
Thought i'd give update (not sure how to do that on google sheets thingo)
Std+
White
Cash
Reserved 17/10/17
Ordered 4/6/19
Vin:4431xx

Call from Delivery Guy: 30/8/19
Invoice Received: 3/9/19
Invoice Paid: 4/9/19
Delivery to home (Fremantle: perth) 4/10/19

Hope this helps.
Matthew

Reactions: Dakah3
Received my new Telsa 3 phase mobile charging interface today to go along with other extra's many of us have been collecting. eg wheel caps, charging pad, puncture / compressor kit etc. Need to make up some adapter cables for the various sockets we might encounter off the main highways.

Now, just need that phone call and booking appointment from you know who!

The new TOOL album has been 13 years coming and I was surprised (and happy) to find myself having to turn it up 20% more than other modern releases because they haven't over compressed it but it has the audio fidelity of a NEW release and not the old studios from the 1970s. I'm not an old-school "magnetic tape" or vinyl purist... I think digital sounds way better if it's done right.
Weeeelll, it’s not necessarily indicative of a lack of dynamic range compression. When CDs first came out, a lot of audio mastering engineers could not get out of the learned habit of leaving 3-6 dB of “headroom” in the master to avoid saturating magnetic tapes and to keep responses nice and linear. But they were no longer mastering to magnetic tapes but to a stream of 1s and 0s.

So in the early days, many if not most CD’s were mastered with completely unnecessary “headroom” and as a result sounded a lot softer than ones that did not. With a CD, there is absolutely no reason to not master the source all the way to 0 dB. Same with digital music files that replaced the CD.

The only way to know is to import the audio file into an audio editing tool and do a level analysis to see how many samples are in the 0 to -3dB range. If the answer is under 0.05%, the levels were underdone for absolutely no reason.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
Invoice for my 4434XX vin had a build date of 24/07. That seems a bit late for Capricon? Just putting it here since it might help with figuring things out regarding the ships

Thats interesting, my VIN is also 4434XX (White P3D+) but with a build/compliance date of 09/07/2019. I dont understand how there could be such a gap in build dates if the VINs are assigned sequentially during the build process.

Thats interesting, my VIN is also 4434XX (White P3D+) but with a build/compliance date of 09/07/2019. I dont understand how there could be such a gap in build dates if the VINs are assigned sequentially during the build process.
Yeah its P3D+ blue for me, so seems like those are all the performance pack cars, but its such a big gap. Thats why i thought itll be interesting to mention it, maybe VedaPrime can comment

Reactions: Vedaprime
ce from YouTube in raw audio but I'll test it anyway because it's INSANE.

- Paganini Caprice no. 5 (Paganin / Sumina Studer)

Any other suggestions?

FWIW, this stream is using Opus, 48kHz 16 bits, bitrate is about 160kbit/s. Which is better than AAC of the same bitrate.
YouTube best audio quality is Opus @ 160kbit/s ; or AAC 128kbit/s

But how will you connect to the audio system from your phone? Bluetooth? in which case it will either be SBC which is awful, or AAC.

So regardless, it's lossy.

FWIW, this stream is using Opus, 48kHz 16 bits, bitrate is about 160kbit/s. Which is better than AAC of the same bitrate.
YouTube best audio quality is Opus @ 160kbit/s ; or AAC 128kbit/s

But how will you connect to the audio system from your phone? Bluetooth? in which case it will either be SBC which is awful, or AAC.

So regardless, it's lossy.
I think are on the wrong forum. This thread is about Tesla’s not audio blah blah blah.

• Disagree
Reactions: tom_kauf
Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack. There were 3 Blue Performance cars so I assume one of those puppies is mine! Attached are a few photos. If anyone wants to take a look they have parked them at the front, under shade cloth so clearly visible. A red Performance was the last I saw parked so will be the closest to see. For those that missed it the address is 21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale. I took a few videos of them getting parked I can try to upload if people are desperate to see more. The key cards appeared to be taped in protective packets to the front. They all looked fairly clean except one black one with Aero wheels which looked like it had a bunch of road grime on the rear probably from the short truck ride from Forrestfield train offload to Canningvale. First time seeing Model 3 with my own eyes...they look much better in person for sure. Now they are here, how long do we have to wait?
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG
IMG_2398.JPG
IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2411.JPG
IMG_2414.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG
IMG_2421.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2439.JPG