Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
parts heading has only just been added to the shop page, and with a lot of Teslas heading to Australia, they will add our region. they have to add all the catalogue items yet though.
No, that online Tesla parts store has been available for years in the USA. Although there are a few other random countries that have it, places like the UK still don’t, so I wouldn’t hold your breath here in Australia.

For the Model S and X here there is a one-page PDF of parts you can order via the service centres, but nothing for the 3 yet.

This is a P3D- in the USA that has track mode
Seems like it is standard
https://youtu.be/WjPy6HEV8TM

In reference to the P3D+, this review mentions a downside:
“Ride can be quite firm on rough surfaces with 20-inch alloy wheels”
https://www.caradvice.com.au/779800/2019-tesla-model-3-performance-review-2/

I think those who managed to get the P3D- got the pick of the bunch.
And with several economists predicting literally zero official interest rates for 2020, which will cause price increases, you might even be able to sell it for a profit in 6 months

No, that online Tesla parts store has been available for years in the USA. Although there are a few other random countries that have it, places like the UK still don’t, so I wouldn’t hold your breath here in Australia.

For the Model S and X here there is a one-page PDF of parts you can order via the service centres, but nothing for the 3 yet.
I wonder if roof rack world would have anything for M3 yet. Maybe a Thule?

Day 1 reservation SR+ Blue Sydney
Ordered 1/8/19 holding out for LR RWD but caved but still supremely happy
4430 VIN allocated
Build date 10/7/19 well before order
Due to pickup Friday 13/9/19, lucky me, commiserations to those still waiting
Spreadsheet updated
Any suggestions from anyone on what issues to look for when collecting/inspecting the car?
Thanks for sharing. Am glad to see a 4430xx from Cap Capricorn have some movement (same as mine). Have in vinship tracker. AUNZVInTracking

Last edited:
I paid for my car last week, about two weeks earlier than originally planned.

I'm going for the blind optimism route and seeing if Tesla have any more Brisbane people they want to do an earlier delivery for. I doubt it'll happen, but the door is open!

(I'm hoping they also have a naughty and nice list, and that I'm still in the nice list because my only contact with them has been to send my completed forms, and send them a receipt of my payment transfer. Oh and to walk into the store and look longingly at their Model 3s...)

So I put off ordering custom plates to try and match delivery of the car (NSW, so pre-fitting wasn't an option). Pulled the trigger based on "August delivery" and the August 2 SMS "Your Model 3 is almost here". The plates took longer than the RMS 21-day max to produce, now they're sat at the registry and I'm eating into the 28 day grace period before I need to start paying a holding fee. I tell you what, if Tesla make me cop a fee for holding these plates after two months of waiting...

... I'll shrug my shoulders and pay it lol.

Got an unexpected call. Delivery of M3P+ Red/White scheduled for 26th Sep; only ordered last Thursday. I was expecting to be waiting for at least another couple of months.

As other poster have said, no offence to you but WTF people have been waiting over 3.5 years for this vehicle. If its not in the right spot for someone on the waiting list then ship it to them!

• Funny
Reactions: meowsers
As other poster have said, no offence to you but WTF people have been waiting over 3.5 years for this vehicle. If its not in the right spot for someone on the waiting list then ship it to them!

Couldn’t agree more, must be a rush to get them sold before end of quarter. Says a lot about the logistics out of the factory that a car that is needed in so many places ends up as a ‘surplus’ vehicle on a first come first served basis. A good mate of mine here in NZ has this exact config on order and is a day one reservation holder and changed his ordered the first day the white interior was available, he doesn’t have a hidden vin and has had no contact from Tesla at all. Seems strange that a car like this ends up in Sydney without a owner assigned when there are so many people with this exact order in who have been waiting for years, they could have dropped it off to NZ on the way. That’s TESLA for you though.

*****NEWS FLASH******** Drone damages several Tesla cars in Melbourne after going out of control!!!!

Joke...if you didn't realise...:rolleyes:

***UPDATE*** News sources report that the damage occurred when the Vehicles detected the drone and then cooperated to repel what they perceived to be an attack. A sheepish technician admitted entering the wrong region code into the cars and said that they thought they were in Iran.

Reactions: jowetts