Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my invoice and it states “Cleared funds are required before release of any vehicle” but I’m not paying anything until I inspect it. Can you inspect, accept, pay and drive away and then have the funds clear overnight?
Just ask to inspect it & then get the bank to clear the funds afterwards - I did this previously & will be doing it again

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Maybe my point is also that solar panel tech improvements for farms and roofs has just beaten any solar tech for cars and meant it will never really become a reality.

I like to think about this as an analogy to nature. In the savannah, energy from the sun is harvested by a huge area of grass (solar panels) and then concentrated by an antelope that grazes all day (battery storage) conveniently ready for a cheetah to come in and grab it as a quick snack (my P3-).

I have no VIN (never), no call etc etc, Blue P3+ White seats. Ordered 28/7

I noticed that my order page appeared different to most others and doesn't show the VIN in the back end. If you change the URL to: /teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNxxxxxxx (replace xxxxxxx with your reservation number) this shows a different page. Then check the source of that page and search for the VIN....

FYI: My order is own finance and business rego.

• Informative
Reactions: Vedaprime
  • Love
Reactions: TaylorP
I asked at my test drive. They started to be available in the States a few months ago for the Model 3. They said they would check and get back to me but they never did. I'm planning to ask again when I pick it up.

I picked up a key fob when in the States recently, so now I have wheel hub kit, console wrap, key fob, screen protector but sadly no car, no vin, no txt :-( Early reservation and order.

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
T
Invoice received.

@Vedaprime , this is a 4617 VIN, Build and Compliance date of 24/7/19. Pickup date 23/9/19 Sydney.

@Random206 I've updated your excellent spreadsheet. Only one answer to change now, once I pick up the car!

Ok. Thanks. That is perfect. It confirms nicely your car was on Brotonne Bridge. Thanks for the information. And about 3 week time for you from ship to delivery

Reactions: Ploddy
T

Ok. Thanks. That is perfect. It confirms nicely your car was on Brotonne Bridge. Thanks for the information. And about 3 week time for you from ship to delivery

No worries. Happy to help. Hope it provides others with a bit of a timeline for expectations (#batterygate sufferers notwithstanding).

The more I see the comments of others, the luckier I feel. Yes I ordered expecting an August delivery, but it could have been much, much worse. And I have a car. So lucky me.