Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've also messed up the final invoice twice now too, the first one didn't have any finance information and they quoted me for the whole price of the vehicle, the second one had my deposit amount as the amount that finance was paying and then quoted me for the amount finance was meant to have already paid.

My financier contacted me and was confused as to what they were doing until I told her how messed up it all was, and she said don't worry I'll contact the manager who is more finance oriented and sort it all out.
Honestly, my financier (Abigail) has a heart of gold! She's a bright light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.
Hey Random206, I am really crossing my fingers here that my order will still get delivered on 30th Sept. Abigail is looking after my finance also and she is a gem. Tesla just gave me the first invoice yesterday afternoon and of course they messed it up and forgot to put the reservation and order down payments in. Abigail said she would talk to Tesla and get this sorted and try to get a new correct invoice in time.

Well legally I would think they have to.
But if they can't tell which part I'm paying and which part finance is paying...it'll be a matter of whether they can tell which part to refund.

Best of luck!
Usually they clarify whether you are getting loan on the total, the total minus deposit, or under rare occasions other. You will get a refund but they are notoriously slow with that too.

• Informative
Reactions: youmi
The London stations are broadcast in DAB and DAB+ hence the ambiguity and my follow up questions.
It’s actually not ambiguous, because a DAB-only receiver would be unable to decode the control block of a DAB+ radio broadcast and display the station as “DAB+”. It would simply not see that station at all and not list it on the screen.

Really, you are grasping at straws on this one.

It’s actually not ambiguous, because a DAB-only receiver would be unable to decode the control block
What's that got to do with him playing with the car and hearing DAB stations in London?
I already agreed that the Swiss stations are DAB+ therefore the receiver must be DAB+ compatible.

I also never claimed to be an expert in DAB radio (control blocks etc), hence the request for more detailed info which he was gracious enough to supply.

Last edited:
@Damo11 Actually you are the one assuming, not me. When did I say that I will use the supercharger for everyday charging? Go back on my posts and point that out to me. You can't. Because you just assumed it. I understand that other people have more pressing needs for the supercharger. And I have used it once at 9:30pm on a Sunday night when there were multiple free charging bays available. After 45 mins, I unhooked and left at 90% charge. I'm not sure what the issue is. In fact, I went there on Sat night to try it out for the first time as my wife had to drive long distance the next morning and all the bays were full. I waited for a while but then left and charged at Melbourne Museum and paid for the parking charges and used the free charging available. Took me close to 4 hours but that is fine. And if I need to use the supercharger if I am in the vicinity of Richmond, I will let you know with plenty of notice? Then you could get there before me and take up the charging bay so I don't look selfish and you can be satisfied?

The SC's are there for any and all who want to use them. First in, best dressed. It is a worldwide problem (if you are in a hurry and none available) - even in many US cities that have ten or twenty SC's one can sit and wait for an hour or more. It's seems even worse in Richmond when you arrive to charge and there are 3+ chargers taken up by hire teslas but they have a right to charge as well - especially if they are paying. I suppose if you were desperate you could ask one charging (if they are in their car) if you could butt in as it is an emergency.

What's that got to do with him playing with the car and hearing DAB stations in London? I already agreed that the Swiss stations are DAB+ therefore the receiver must be DAB+ compatible.
In which case, what do you think is ambiguous? DAB+ receivers can receive both DAB and DAB+. If a radio station in London is simulcasting both, the station would presumably be listed twice, the DAB+ one would have a “+” on the end of its name.

If a radio station in London is simulcasting both, the station would presumably be listed twice, the DAB+ one would have a “+” on the end of its name.
Sure, I must have missed where he detailed that in his post

Apologies, I forgot this forum was only for people that knew everything about everything already and I should have instinctively translated "I played with my family's car in London" to "I was in London and saw DAB and DAB+ channels listed on the screen".

When I purchased my car, the nearest Supercharger was 1000km away and the nearest destination charger (other than in someone's home) was 600 km away and third party chargers didn't exist; so, unless you planned ahead....
View attachment 458060

so, please don't complain.

good lord, is that driver wearing crocs? That tow truck looks absolutely ancient too haha.

Reactions: Babbaloo
Alright so post weekend thoughts. Took delivery early on Saturday morning. Was due Wednesday. Was actually spending the weekend with the wife at Crown for a bit of a staycation so had to convince her to pick it up. Got about 30 mins with it before I valet'd it for the weekend. Delivery thoughts: my DS was clearly exhausted. Picked up at 4.30pm and she'd obviously done a fair few during the day. Unfortunately my car wasn't the cleanest, there was plenty of those little furry leaves all over the roof, and some minor blemishes that a proper detail should have uncovered. Fair to say the wife didn't care much for my explanations about Tesla being a tech company first, and a premium car dealer second. There's definitely room for improvement with the delivery process. All the basic questions were answered and a couple concerns lodged for a later service. These include slight damage to the glass in the roof (looks like a chip? in the glass), and some very minor panel misalignment. This is most obvious on the front left bumper. Driving thoughts: what a dream. Feels incredibly premium. I was actually quite impressed by the SR+ audio system. It was one of the major reasons I wanted to go up but it wouldnt have been a responsible purchase. Rest assured even the SR+ audio system is impressive for a stock system with no sub. This is coming from someone who spent a significant amount of money on my last cars system.
I had some trouble understanding how best to disengage the TACC and autopilot. Was originally using the Park function but this ended up upsetting the car at one stage and it removing the TACC until I restarted later. I've since found out you stalk up to disengage properly.. Some funny moments at crown with the Valets having never seen a Model 3 before, and me handing over a card to have them park/retrieve it. All in all its been the cause of many compliments. Also had a fun time calling Macquarie asking for the refund of my deposit and order money, after being advised by Tesla that they help with that, only to have Macquarie then tell me Tesla have to do that. Hopefully I get that back faster than people have been getting refunds after cancelling their deposits. I am curious about Tesla will be able to do re: Panel misalignments once people have taken delivery. My DS raised my concerns in her app for a later service but I suspect I'll be told nothing can be done. As I said mine are rather minor so its not the end of the world if nothing can be done. As long as the chip in the roof is fixed I'll be largely happy. PS dont believe I got fog lights on my mine. Was one of the first builds and arrived on the Cap.

Thanks mate,
The VIN number is still the same in my source code so I have no idea what's happening, to be honest.

Just wish they'd get their but in to gear and fix it up.

They've also messed up the final invoice twice now too, the first one didn't have any finance information and they quoted me for the whole price of the vehicle, the second one had my deposit amount as the amount that finance was paying and then quoted me for the amount finance was meant to have already paid.

My financier contacted me and was confused as to what they were doing until I told her how messed up it all was, and she said don't worry I'll contact the manager who is more finance oriented and sort it all out.
Honestly, my financier (Abigail) has a heart of gold! She's a bright light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

I'm close to blowing my top with Tesla, hey!
I've been managing to keep my cool but I was very firm and stern on the phone with them today when they said it was being pushed back a month. I made sure they knew I wasn't impressed one but.
Hi Random in the VIN sheet yours is a 5036 from the ANL Tongala which arrives on 29th September according to VedaPrime. Did the VIN change as there is now way they could have planned to deliver that in 24hrs from arrival?

Thanks mate,
The VIN number is still the same in my source code so I have no idea what's happening, to be honest.

Just wish they'd get their but in to gear and fix it up.

I'm close to blowing my top with Tesla, hey!
I've been managing to keep my cool but I was very firm and stern on the phone with them today when they said it was being pushed back a month. I made sure they knew I wasn't impressed one but.
I'm in the same VIN range as you, same config, 30 Sep delivery & agree that Abigail has been outstanding. Now terrified that I'll receive a delaying call tomorrow...

The SC's are there for any and all who want to use them. First in, best dressed. I suppose if you were desperate you could ask one charging (if they are in their car) if you could butt in as it is an emergency.
Yes to this! Sun night I couldn’t unhook the charging cable from the supercharger and Model S owner came around and moved his car, let me park in his bay that he vacated and then proceeded to help me with plugging my car in. Welcomed me and gave me a toot and a thumbs up as he drove off. We’re a community and I would absolutely move my car from a bay if someone had a more pressing need.

Last edited:
The SC's are there for any and all who want to use them. First in, best dressed. It is a worldwide problem (if you are in a hurry and none available) - even in many US cities that have ten or twenty SC's one can sit and wait for an hour or more. It's seems even worse in Richmond when you arrive to charge and there are 3+ chargers taken up by hire teslas but they have a right to charge as well - especially if they are paying. I suppose if you were desperate you could ask one charging (if they are in their car) if you could butt in as it is an emergency.
Your statement "wait for an hour or more" is bullshit; how much driving have you done in the states?
Really, don't carry on like that!

Driving thoughts: what a dream. Feels incredibly premium. I was actually quite impressed by the SR+ audio system. It was one of the major reasons I wanted to go up but it wouldnt have been a responsible purchase. Rest assured even the SR+ audio system is impressive for a stock system with no sub. Some funny moments at crown with the Valets having never seen a Model 3 before, and me handing over a card to have them park/retrieve it. All in all its been the cause of many compliments.

It truly is a dream to drive and yes we are talking about SR+. I told the mrs. today that glad we didn’t get the performance model. I would be racking up speeding fines by the dozen. The sound is also amazing, I absolutely agree. Bluetooth to Spotify and it’s incredibly rich and immersive. Crown valet experience sounds like an absolute hoot. Congrats!

Your statement "wait for an hour or more" is bullshit; how much driving have you done in the states?
Really, don't carry on like that!

Actually plenty. I have on numerous occasions sat and waited over an hour for a charge. Queues are not that uncommon. It's also true that some SC's are less used- it just depends on timing, just like in Australia.

Your crass comment is typical from you Ray. Get a life!

I made an Aug 2018 Reservation. July 17th 2019 order. Model 3 SR+ White.

I had my first contact from Tesla on 18/09/19 at 4:38pm. I had a phone message from number (02) 8424 9519 left by Jasmina saying that at this stage I can ‘expect a delivery on the 27th or 30th of September depending on organising a truck driver for delivery’. What does this mean exactly? Where will my car be delivered to? I live in Inverell in northwest NSW which is a 11 hour bus and train ride from Sydney.

I haven’t been able to get any response from Telsa to clarify. Also, I still don’t have my invoice. Agnes at Pepper has been great chasing this up for me. Then all of a sudden, this afternoon a VIN 5YJ3F7EA1KF4750XX popped up in my profile (missing from source code up till this point). It looks like it came in on the Brotonne Bridge Sydney Aug 30th.

Still no invoice though. Kind of concerning. At least with a vin, some insurance companies would actually give me quotes this evening. My account now also says ‘Delivery Appointment Sept. 27, 2019 at 02:00 PM ## YYYYYYY Lane Inverell, NSW 2360’. Does this mean that Tesla has arranged for delivery to my home in northwest NSW? This would be a relief as I have only driven in Sydney once, Melbourne once and Brisbane once. I wasn’t looking forward to navigating city traffic for my first drive in my Model 3.

Thanks mate,

Yer who knows, I certainly don't. Nor did the delivery advisor which worries me a bit.

Just hoping to hell they bring it forward again.

I had similar issues. My invoice was wrong initially. My car was on Cap Capricorn and due for delivery on the 19th but was delayed 15 days with no real explanation. My VIN has not changed (at least not yet). Really no idea what is going on and it seems those on the other end of the phone / email probably have less idea than we do!

Reactions: Random206