Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the differences between the P3- and LR AWD, and how much extra is it costing you?

P- has better acceleration and higher max speed. However, the LR AWD has an extra 60km in the advertised range (620 vs 560). Lots of people are claiming the cars have the same hardware, so the actual range would be the same, but I haven't seen anything to verify this (I'm just hoping it's true).

P- has better acceleration and higher max speed. However, the LR AWD has an extra 60km in the advertised range (620 vs 560). Lots of people are claiming the cars have the same hardware, so the actual range would be the same, but I haven't seen anything to verify this (I'm just hoping it's true).

There is no range difference between P- and LR. The difference in range between P+ and LR is just the wheels, nothing else, not that you can put Aeros on P+ due to the brake calipers

Well , took the day of work today for my delivery today in Canberra. Phoned yesterday to make sure was still coming and with no contact for over a week I wanted to confirm. Was told it was all good and I would get a call 30 mins before delivery.
Of course today I hear nothing all day and cannot get through on the number they said to call when the car was delivered. Get a call just now saying they had a mix up and they didn’t put it on the truck to Canberra and it’s at the Alexandria building. Can’t get to Canberra until mid next week now.
Have to now cancel the electrician coming tomorrow. Now I get the feeling the car is going to be outside getting dirty/scratched at the Alexandria shop for another week.
They did apologise and give 1500km supercharging credit. I wouldn’t recommend making any plans around the delivery date.

Now I get the feeling the car is going to be outside getting dirty/scratched at the Alexandria shop for another week.

If it's any consolation, I was there earlier today to pick up something for my S and all the Model 3's (loads of them) were inside, under cover, and out of the way of the general population. I don't think your car will be getting dirty and scratched up.

I know it sucks waiting, but remember you've essentially bought a car from a tech startup, not a 100 year old car company. The guys at Tesla are getting absolutely smashed getting these Model 3's out at the moment. The staff are doing their best with very few days off, and a massive workload, so whatever happens - try and be kind to them! :) All will be forgotten when you get behind the wheel of your amazing new car.

Does anyone have alternate phone contacts for Melbourne Delivery? I am not getting anything via email, and have left 3 messages after being pushed out of the wait queue on the 1800686705 number and not getting anyone coming back to me. Almost certainly it is because there are no P3Ds of any kind coming any time soon and they want to avoid telling me this, but it would be great to speak to a human and investigate options.

If it's any consolation, I was there earlier today to pick up something for my S and all the Model 3's (loads of them) were inside, under cover, and out of the way of the general population. I don't think your car will be getting dirty and scratched up.

I know it sucks waiting, but remember you've essentially bought a car from a tech startup, not a 100 year old car company. The guys at Tesla are getting absolutely smashed getting these Model 3's out at the moment. The staff are doing their best with very few days off, and a massive workload, so whatever happens - try and be kind to them! :) All will be forgotten when you get behind the wheel of your amazing new car.

that’s good to hear they are undercover. I am a true believer in Tesla and their mission and products, I’m sure I will soon forget about it as you say

Missed a call from Tesla today as was stuck in a work meeting. They emailed me shortly after. My delivery is due tomorrow at 1230. Was worried it was going to be a delay call but turns out was ready early so could pick up today. Unfortunately I'm in Sydney for work only flying back tonight.

Can't believe it is actually happening. Not sure I'll sleep tonight.