Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have problems with wiper washer fluid not dispensing in my SR+ even though I filled in the tank. I tried again few times today and saw the water in the tank was getting lower but no washer fluid on the screen. Then I saw the ground underneath the car getting wet. It appears the hose is not connected correctly. Booked for a service on 21st of October in St. Leonards, which was the first available time.
Can any of you confirm you wiper washers work fine and the windscreen actually gets wet and clean?
Working for me.

5369EB01-397C-4170-AB97-DFEB4F7AD106.jpeg
I think upgrade to version 10 May help with dashcam footage management..

Still trying to figure out how all the screen controls work. And also the dashcam footage; all dated yesterday. Weird. I presume it's a time-zone thing - 17 hours behind us is... US central. Or perhaps US West Coast with daylight savings? Also thought dashcam would erase old clips once drive was full but this doesn't appear to have happened - have only the drive home, not the afternoon's adventures.

Pretty amazing thing, that's for sure.

Reactions: apchoo
So I call the Melb Service Centre a few days after the delivery of my SR+ to enquire about ordering a couple of USB-C charging cables and tyre repair kit. As expected, I was on hold for a while before opted to leave a voicemail. I then sent a followup email to MelbourneService _at_ tesla _dot_ com and received a reply email a couple of hours later saying that they've ordered the cables and tyre repair kit for me and will be in touch when they have a delivery ETA.

In the week since, I grew tired of plugging and unplugging my Google Pixel XL whenever I drove the car, so I started hunting for 3rd party right angle USB-C cables that look similar to the ones in the pdf catalogue, and I came across this on Amazon AU:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07KK7W37B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The size and length of the "L" plug looked about right so I ordered one. For $7.99 it was worth the risk.

It arrived today to my surprise it fitted extremely well and it worked :).

IMG_20190930_173045a.jpg IMG_20190930_173209a.jpg IMG_20190930_173309a.jpg IMG_20190930_173401a.jpg IMG_20190930_173608a.jpg Screenshot_20190930-173657a.jpg

I took the photos with the phone, hence, couldn't take a pic of it docked on the USB-C plug, however, the phone docked easily and snugly even though it's in a Spigen case. I took a screenshot of the lock screen showing it was charging while docked.

A couple of points to note for this setup.
  1. The USB-C cable is only 25cm long and won't reach the USB ports after threading thru the groove channel and hole. I used a short (blue) USB 3.0 extension cable I had lying around.
  2. When inserting the collar of the "L" plug, to prevent breaking the cable holder closest to where the plug sits, I first inserted the plug perpendicular to the receptacle before rotating it 90 degrees towards the receptacle. Once the plug is inserted, I carefully threaded the cable in the groove channel all the way to the hole. The nylon braided cable is quick thick but it fits in the groove with a bit of care.
I'm really stoked about this :). I can live with this until the Tesla OEM cables arrive ... in fact I may even cancel my order for the cables if this proves to be resilient.

If you're after USB-C charging cables for your Model 3 and can't wait for the OEM ones, I highly recommend these ones from Amazon AU---just note that you'll need an extension USB cable to reach the ports.

Last edited:
Just tested my SR+ windscreen wipers and fluid. Appears to work and get the windscreen wet and wipe it in a nice smooth motion. The surprise for me is that it does not spray the fluid all over the windscreen and then wipe it off, but it appears to dispense the fluid from the wiper just before wiping it off, so there is just the liquid that drips from the edges of the wiper blade but it appears to clean the windshield really well and plenty of fluid dripping off the wiper blade.
Thanks for confirming.
Yes that is how it is supposed to work and I am glad you have no issues with it.

I went to Universal Tint in Brookvale, I found a recommendation elsewhere on this forum, https://www.universaltint.com.au/auto-tinting/

Thanks. Was hoping they may have a Melbourne branch but no such luck. The different options and their prices will come in handy when I get Melbourne quotes. Did they tuck in the film below the door frame so you don't see its edge when the door is shut and the window pops back up?

Can any Melbourne owners recommend a good tinter for the Model 3?

There is an Australian Tesla Owners Club which has meet-ups at various places including Sydney. Not much to join. Good discounts for various things Tesla car related.

They have events in Sydney on the 9th and 13th of October coming up.

Tesla Owners Club of Australia

Thanks hairyman I'm well familiar with TOCA and know their former president quite well.

Reactions: Hairyman
So I call the Melb Service Centre a few days after the delivery of my SR+ to enquire about ordering a couple of USB-C charging cables and tyre repair kit. As expected, I was on hold for a while before opted to leave a voicemail. I then sent a followup email to MelbourneService _at_ tesla _dot_ com and received a reply email a couple of hours later saying that they've ordered the cables and tyre repair kit for me and will be in touch when they have a delivery ETA.

In the week since, I grew tired of plugging and unplugging my Google Pixel XL whenever I drove the car, so I started hunting for 3rd party right angle USB-C cables that look similar to the ones in the pdf catalogue, and I came across this on Amazon AU:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07KK7W37B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The size and length of the "L" plug looked about right so I ordered one. For $7.99 it was worth the risk.

It arrived today to my surprise it fitted extremely well and it worked :).

View attachment 460912 View attachment 460913 View attachment 460914 View attachment 460915 View attachment 460916 View attachment 460917

I took the photos with the phone, hence, couldn't take a pic of it docked on the USB-C plug, however, the phone docked easily and snugly even though it's in a Spigen case. I took a screenshot of the lock screen showing it was charging while docked.

A couple of points to note for this setup.
  1. The USB-C cable is only 25cm long and won't reach the USB ports after threading thru the groove channel and hole. I used a short (blue) USB 3.0 extension cable I had lying around.
  2. When inserting the collar of the "L" plug, to prevent breaking the cable holder closest to where the plug sits, I first inserted the plug perpendicular to the receptacle before rotating it 90 degrees towards the receptacle. Once the plug is inserted, I carefully threaded the cable in the groove channel all the way to the hole. The nylon braided cable is quick thick but it fits in the groove with a bit of care.
I'm really stoked about this :). I can live with this until the Tesla OEM cables arrive ... in fact I may even cancel my order for the cables if this proves to be resilient.

If you're after USB-C charging cables for your Model 3 and can't wait for the OEM ones, I highly recommend these ones from Amazon AU---just note that you'll need an extension USB cable to reach the ports.

If you're after an equivalent lightning cable for a non-wireless charging iPhone check out this one from the same seller.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07KG5C3Q6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_tSMKDbVNES8VH

I've also ordered this Y splitter USB cable which will I will use as an extension cable and connect an USB drive for dashcam/sentry mode.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01EL7INUG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_BTMKDb1V10ZQX

Got my side windows tinted today, wife wasn't happy with the heat coming in.
She also reckons the UV from the M3 windscreen is more than from a Mazda CX-5, I can't find this info online.
Anyone know where I can find that kind of info, or at least what the M3 UV reduction is? Will pay in unlikes, smiles and lightbulbs.
My wife thought that til I got a UV meter and I don't think she believed that either - slippery stuff that UV.

Reactions: m4rtin
Is the price of a UV meter worth the potential reduction in noise discomfort from the passenger seat?
I might just edit Wikipedia and take a screenshot as a quick fix :p
I purchased a couple of cheap ones and got told they weren't accurate cause they were cheap and in any case UV A, B, ...
Anyhow, being in Sydney, I suggest you investigate a "professional" measurement.

Reactions: m4rtin
Netflix and Youtube on 4K screen with great sound are awesome though and really appreciated by taxi wife.
Tesla need to add a Media Player that will play stored video content on a USB stick. That would not be hard to add.

Streaming is great n’all, but it needs (a) internet connectivity and (b) not everything you want to watch is available on streaming platforms.

Reactions: DavidRL