Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P- just got the v10 update (2019.32.12.1), but the navigation data did not get updated, it's still at AU-2018.12-983. Has anyone got more recent nav data? The main problem is outdated speed limits.

Yes, I have AU-2019.24-10589. Do you have decent wifi and internet speed where the car gets parked? Map updates are typically very large and last I heard do not update over LTE, only wifi.

Yes, I have AU-2019.24-10589. Do you have decent wifi and internet speed where the car gets parked? Map updates are typically very large and last I heard do not update over LTE, only wifi.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did a speed test from the web browser in the car (parked in the carport connected to wifi) and the result was 42Mbps download / 35 Mbps upload. That should be good enough. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has nav data as old as mine.

Tesla finally got my delivery right on the third Friday attempt in a row (previous two deliveries failed). It is easy to forget the terrible service when you drive the car.

I have encountered a new problem. I have a hitchhiker. I can’t get my 10 year old son out of my car :) I think the Model 3 is his first girlfriend. He’s in love.

I can’t image what the performance Model 3 acceleration is like. My SR+ is amazing.

I took my 82 year old grandmother for a ride. I doubt she calmed down enough for her afternoon nap when I dropped her back home.

I am looking at software options for looking through dash cam or sentry footage. I use a Mac at home so that's preference. I see there are actually 4 apps in the Mac App Store offering to do this all bout $8-9. Does anyone have experience or recommendation with any of these?

Just got the email. Delayed by another day but at least it looks like this date will stick:

I wanted to touch base in regards to your Model 3 delivery next week, and thank you for your continued patience during this ludicrous time.
This email is confirmation of your scheduled delivery on Friday the 18th of October at 11:00AM.
Due to continued difficulties with transport companies your Model 3 will not be delivered to your nominated address. A Tesla team member will deliver your Model 3 from our pre delivery hub located at: 21 Ilda Rd, Canning Vale, 6155. This will ensure no further delays in your delivery experience and provide a more personalized delivery process as you will have a Tesla team member with you in person to walk you through your Model 3 and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to getting you on the road next week in the best car you will have ever owned!

Thank you for supporting a sustainable future,

A few recent comments about speed made me think:

I used to think QUICK was 0 - 100kph in 6 seconds. Then Tesla 3P+ reset that to 3.4 seconds.

Now I have to reset my expectations to realise that to TESLA, QUICK really means about 42 Mb per second..... Broadband of course!
Quicker than your average Porsche!!!

Just imagine the conversation "How quick is your car? ?" A: "Oh, about 42MBps, but sometimes it hits 56MBps on a good day"

You'll get some very strange looks!!
its a whole new world of how fast is your car!!!! :p:eek:

I am looking at software options for looking through dash cam or sentry footage. I use a Mac at home so that's preference. I see there are actually 4 apps in the Mac App Store offering to do this all bout $8-9. Does anyone have experience or recommendation with any of these?

I just use this in Safari - TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did a speed test from the web browser in the car (parked in the carport connected to wifi) and the result was 42Mbps download / 35 Mbps upload. That should be good enough. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has nav data as old as mine.
I have the same nav data as yours. I spoke with Tesla support on Thursday and asked if I could get AU-2019.24 nav data update. They checked something and said that my model does not have that update available yet so they cannot push it. Not sure how some people got it.

My P- just got the v10 update (2019.32.12.1), but the navigation data did not get updated, it's still at AU-2018.12-983. Has anyone got more recent nav data? The main problem is outdated speed limits.

From my SR+:
IMG_20191011_175506~2.jpg