Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are TPMS sensors installed in the Model 3 SR+?

Mine use to come up with "--- psi", now the screen just shows an picture of the car with no text or values.
SR+ does have the TPMS indicating there is a fault with it.

According to the owner's manual.
"If the indicator light
upload_2019-11-19_20-43-32.png
flashes for one minute whenever you power on Model 3, a fault with the TPMS is detected (see TPMS Malfunction on page 159)"

You can also try resetting it

"Manually Resetting TPMS Sensors To accommodate aftermarket tires and specific off-highway driving situations (such as track events), you can reset the TPMS sensors to trigger an alert based on the currently set tire pressure instead of the default factory tire pressure. To do so, touch Service > Reset TPMS Sensors and follow the onscreen instructions."

For reference the manual is available here https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf
And the pages of reference is 154, 158, 159

Remember that the owners manual is the best reference call with your Model 3. Its made by the people that designed, engineered and tested the vehicle, so use it!

Reactions: Furfy
Are TPMS sensors installed in the Model 3 SR+?

Mine use to come up with "--- psi", now the screen just shows an picture of the car with no text or values.
My SR+ has the sensors and they are working fine. They show no values when the car is stationary and has not been just driven, once you start driving a minute or so driving will get the numbers there again.

Mine only has values when I’m driving.

They show no values when the car is stationary and has not been just driven, once you start driving a minute or so driving will get the numbers there again.

Thanks Anubis & Priit. That was the bit I was missing. I've only ever looked at the 'card' when parked.

Just took mine for a spin around the block, as soon as I put it in drive i get "-- psi" and then a minute or two after driving, it reads actual results.

Thanks Anubis & Priit. That was the bit I was missing. I've only ever looked at the 'card' when parked.

Just took mine for a spin around the block, as soon as I put it in drive i get "-- psi" and then a minute or two after driving, it reads actual results.
The TPMS sensors have no wires going to them since they are on the inside of the tire. They require that the tire be rotating so a magnetic field can induce a voltage, activate the sensor, and then have the sensor transmit the reading. This is the way all TPMS sensors work.

Did you at least get the HPWC installed? When did you notice that the UMC was missing?

I reported it the same day I got the car. Luckily TOCWA have lent me a spare until it arrives. I guess it's a bit concerning that there isn't a single one available in Australia, and hasn't been for 2 months at least.

I haven't got the HPWC installed - my own fault for not pushing the matter further and getting one of my sparky colleagues to do it for me (for the cost of a few cartons, of course!).

I reported it the same day I got the car. Luckily TOCWA have lent me a spare until it arrives. I guess it's a bit concerning that there isn't a single one available in Australia, and hasn't been for 2 months at least.

I haven't got the HPWC installed - my own fault for not pushing the matter further and getting one of my sparky colleagues to do it for me (for the cost of a few cartons, of

TOCA told me that Richmond spare parts have UMCs in stock. It would be good if you can get a gen1 UMC instead of gen2 since you have waited for so long.

Found the hidden VIN this morning. SR+ Red ordered 12/11. Impressive progress so far!

Followed up by a call by Tesla few minutes ago. Car is already on a ship with delivery around Mid December. It's a 6060 vin on either Debussy or Seoul Express.

I was specifically asked if I was going to be away in December or not. Apparently if you are not going away, they will be open throughout December other than public holidays.

Reactions: TaylorP
Followed up by a call by Tesla few minutes ago. Car is already on a ship with delivery around Mid December. It's a 6060 vin on either Debussy or Seoul Express.

I was specifically asked if I was going to be away in December or not. Apparently if you are not going away, they will be open throughout December other than public holidays.
Wow that's fast! Consider yourself lucky for getting the express service so far.

I just got my invoice for the Red SR+ I ordered in June!