Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned a cute lesson yesterday about charging. I have my wall charger on a controlled load (T33 in QLD) which goes off roughly between 5pm and 9pm peak hours. I left the car charging from about 4:30 until the power went off and noticed it still had a couple of hours left to get to my charge limit.

The next morning, I saw it was still on the % where it stopped when the power was cut. The car had gone to sleep and it turns out that re-applying the power while plugged in does not take it out of sleep mode and start charging... oops!
Can you let me know if you find a solution? I’m compiling a thread of Tesla workarounds

1A634DCD-1B26-431C-8331-5D37A4208550.png

Update going through, hopefully it’s v10

#methree :)
+ Navigation update to 2019.24 followed immediately
Sentry mode's up with Sandisk 256G endurance microSD card - initially didn't work since it wasn't FAT32 formatted (have to get a special fat32format utility to format large drives now).

If you have access to a linux PC (e.g. Ubuntu) you can use the "Disk" utility to format the microSDcard. I installed a Ubuntu Linux virtual machine on my Windows 10 pc using "Oracle VM VirtualBox". I then used Ubuntu's "Disk" utility to format my 256G microSD card as FAT32. Bit of messing about getting Ubuntu to recognise my SD card reader but with some persistence and googling I was able to get it working.

My problem with the windows was just the start ... later that evening lots of stuff went wrong. It took quite a while to even get the car to lock so I could leave it overnight in he work carpark. The next day, the local Tesla guy (thanks Zac) replaced the 12V battery and all si now well (after do ing the latest software update again). Seems tha latest SW update puts enough strain on the 12V battery during the upgrade to push it over the edge if it is not good to start with.

If you have access to a linux PC (e.g. Ubuntu) you can use the "Disk" utility to format the microSDcard. I installed a Ubuntu Linux virtual machine on my Windows 10 pc using "Oracle VM VirtualBox". I then used Ubuntu's "Disk" utility to format my 256G microSD card as FAT32. Bit of messing about getting Ubuntu to recognise my SD card reader but with some persistence and googling I was able to get it working.

Can also do it in Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell (Right click on the Windows Start icon and select Windows Powershell(Admin)

Then use the command:
format /fs:fat32 t: (replace t: with the drive letter of the SSD/USB drive.)

• Informative
Reactions: Sparty93
My problem with the windows was just the start ... later that evening lots of stuff went wrong. It took quite a while to even get the car to lock so I could leave it overnight in he work carpark. The next day, the local Tesla guy (thanks Zac) replaced the 12V battery and all si now well (after do ing the latest software update again). Seems tha latest SW update puts enough strain on the 12V battery during the upgrade to push it over the edge if it is not good to start with.

Yikes. Was it plugged in at the time? Hmm, not sure that would make any difference as plugging it in, from what I understand, doesn't affect the 12V battery. (See me answering my own question... :oops:)

Just having a look through my order page source code to see if any of my payments this weekend have gone through (Not yet) and noticed that the "totalCashPrice" in the order page does not match what's on the invoice.
I'd rather pay what's on the order page as it's about $4,000 lighter.

Anyone else notice the same thing or is it just me. (and should I expect a refund? ;))

Edit: Just realised that the cash price on the order page source code is the price without the luxury car tax. So, no refund for me....

Just having a look through my order page source code to see if any of my payments this weekend have gone through (Not yet) and noticed that the "totalCashPrice" in the order page does not match what's on the invoice.
I'd rather pay what's on the order page as it's about $4,000 lighter.

Anyone else notice the same thing or is it just me. (and should I expect a refund? ;))

Edit: Just realised that the cash price on the order page source code is the price without the luxury car tax. So, no refund for me....
This was a bit confusing when I was waiting for my car also. the numbers on the order page source did not match the invoice back in September for me either. For me the difference was a couple of thousand more on the page source than the invoice. It may have had something to do with the price increase that happened around the same time. However in the end, I ended up paying the price that was advertised at the time of ordering the car, so I was very happy with that.

Can also do it in Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell (Right click on the Windows Start icon and select Windows Powershell(Admin)

Then use the command:
format /fs:fat32 t: (replace t: with the drive letter of the SSD/USB drive.)

Sadly I posted this too soon. The format failed after a couple of hours - I expect because the partition was too big.

However, I downloaded Partition Wizard 11 and used that successfully.
MiniTool Partition Wizard | Best partition magic alternative for Windows PC and Server

Samsung T5 SSD 256Gb. ($103.00 from Officeworks and will fit in the Jeda USB unit)
- Use Windows 10 Disk Manager to create two partitions. 60Gb for music and the rest for TeslaCam.
- Format both as exFat32.
- Then use Partition Wizard to convert them to FAT32.

Worked a treat and now copying lots of music to it to take with me for the delivery.

Sadly I posted this too soon. The format failed after a couple of hours - I expect because the partition was too big.

MiniTool Partition Wizard | Best partition magic alternative for Windows PC and Server

Samsung T5 SSD 256Gb. ($103.00 from Officeworks and will fit in the Jeda USB unit)
- Use Windows 10 Disk Manager to create two partitions. 60Gb for music and the rest for TeslaCam.

Worked a treat and now copying lots of music to it to take with me for the delivery.
I just used this:
Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd
It is small and portable and free.

Yep, as an old command line hand, I could not understand all this fuss about special formatting functions until I tried to format a fat32 partition bigger than 32gb. Turns out that Windows 10 format utility is deliberately nerfed so that people will use exFAT or NTFS instead. Just a shame that Tesla and other systems don't actually support either.