Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SR+'s front suspensions seem to be a bit noisy when driving over small bumps, is this normal for this car?
On my Holden Volt it is too.. higher tyre pressure , plus weight of batteries etc.

Also my pearl white rear bumper doesn’t quite match the colour of the steel body panels adjacent to it. It’s the same on other cars in the showroom said:
Same on other brands this I put down to plastic on bumpers , and thats what the panel beater guy I know said as well .

I just drove 30ks on Aucklands motorway FSD. Lane changes still a little slow and it does not recognise off ramps where navigation shows my 3 should be getting off.
I'm treating my FSD purchase as a very expensive live video game.
I do like summon as it got me out of some tight car parks on Tuesday.
FSD can only get better and I don't see totally FSD for a few years.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
For those who have the FSD upgrade.
What do you think of it, is it worth it?

The feature I'm looking for the most is using the indicators to change lanes while using autosteer and hopefully NoA in the future.
I like it as a way of shedding cognitive load. I can just supervise the car driving along and I’ve have more attention for situational awareness. It makes a long trip much less tiring.

As others point out it is a long way from providing autonomous driving and that may still be some time away. For all of that I find it worth the extra expense.

I'm keen to hear as well - my finger is hovering over the upgrade button!
It's pretty cool, but never had standard Autopilot to know if it's important enough to actually upgrade. It's a lot of money for just lane changing. I've not looked in the manual, but mine when using it is fine to change into a right lane on it's own, but takes the 'tug' going left - which is slightly annoying. I think it's going to be really worth it with NoA - and paying for that to be available in the near future would be more worthwhile I think. Well that, and being able to freak people out doing smart summon with them in the car :)

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Whew! 44 degrees in Melbourne today and I parked my Model 3 outside at the pub at lunchtime.

10 minutes before we finished, I check the cabin temperature on the mobile app. Strewth! 58 degrees.

Set the A/C to 22 degrees and got it going hoping that it would have time to make a dent in the heat by the time we finished.

Checked the temp again 5 minutes later. Couldn't believe it.... 22 degrees in the cabin.

Black interior, no sun shades. Astonishing... Incredible...

Got back to the car and it was just amazing to get into the cool.

Loving this Model 3.

Also, the acceleration is just fine, thank you very much.

Whew! 44 degrees in Melbourne today and I parked my Model 3 outside at the pub at lunchtime.

10 minutes before we finished, I check the cabin temperature on the mobile app. Strewth! 58 degrees.

Set the A/C to 22 degrees and got it going hoping that it would have time to make a dent in the heat by the time we finished.

Checked the temp again 5 minutes later. Couldn't believe it.... 22 degrees in the cabin.

Black interior, no sun shades. Astonishing... Incredible...

Got back to the car and it was just amazing to get into the cool.

Loving this Model 3.

Also, the acceleration is just fine, thank you very much.
You might consider turning on cabin overheat protection. If you can afford the battery drain it will help your interior last longer.

You might consider turning on cabin overheat protection. If you can afford the battery drain it will help your interior last longer.
Or if you are tight on the battery drain, you can turn on overheat protection without AC and use Vent function from the phone app to leave the windows cracked. Takes a lot less battery but also allows the temp in the car to creep higher than overheat protection with AC. Those functions are to protect the car and will not make it cool enough when you enter car, so either way turning AC on 1-2 minutes before getting in the car is the way to go for personal comfort.

I have this 32 amp power point in my garage. It came with the house, and I have never used it. Can I simply buy an adapter for the supplied Tesla model 3 mobile connector, and leave the home charger in the box? I have found an online 3rd party seller, I think. Did not see it offered as a Tesla accessory. Good or bad idea? User experiences welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

97C99908-B08E-4A91-BEEB-A156249D15B8.jpeg

Last edited:
I have this 32 amp power point in my garage. It came with the house, and I have never used it. Can I simply buy an adapter for the supplied Tesla model 3 mobile connector, and leave the home charger in the box? I have found an online 3rd party seller, I think. Did not see it offered as a Tesla accessory. Good or bad idea? User experiences welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

View attachment 490874
There are several options; the Tesla Ver 1 UMC + Euro 3 phase adapter + Euro to Oz adapter (I've done this).
Simply put a three phase plug on the home unit (I have done this).
Buy a 3rd party unit.

There are several options; the Tesla Ver 1 UMC + Euro 3 phase adapter + Euro to Oz adapter (I've done this).
Simply put a three phase plug on the home unit (I have done this).
Buy a 3rd party unit.

Thanks, and any idea what rate of KW/hour charging I would receive? Displaying my lack of electricity theory, but is it 4 times the 2KW/8amp that I have read about, for the basic generic wall plug?

Thanks, and any idea what rate of KW/hour charging I would receive? Displaying my lack of electricity theory, but is it 4 times the 2KW/8amp that I have read about, for the basic generic wall plug?
With a model 3, the max AC charging is (I am pretty sure) 11kw and any of the above will do this.

The only way to get a faster charge from an AC outlet is with something strange like this:
Delta Dual Wallbox Level 3 EV DC Quick Charging Station

Something like this will do the trick: Gen2 Mobile Connector Adaptor (Model 3/Model S/X 'Raven') - EVchargers - EV cables and adaptors (You'll want the 32A 5pin version)

Expect around 7.2kW, or around 32km/hr of charge (1 km/hr per amp of charge is a good rule of thumb)

Thanks in advance,

View attachment 490874
First make sure it is wired for 3 phase power and works