Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an announcement.

Last year this thread was the centre of the universe for many of us waiting on their car. I was one of those agonising over the long wait. My car arrived, and I developed the tracking, and helped many hundred - to the point it is today which is highly accurate.

I can now track every car on every ship - and every car historically. For the last few months I have been gathering the data.

So today I can announce on this thread - the thread that started it all - there has been 4180 Model 3s produced since last year for Australia.

I have many data stories to tell. Many things speculated last year I can confirm or deny. I will probably create its own thread.

Last edited:
So today I can announce on this thread - the thread that started it all - there has been 4180 Model 3s produced since last year for Australia.
Impressive insight! So that means about 60% of all Teslas on Australian roads are Model 3s - sounds about right and that percentage will only grow until Model Y comes along.

I have many data stories to tell. Many things speculated last year I can confirm or deny. I will probably create its own thread.
Oooooh.... sounds ominous ;)

Impressive insight! So that means about 60% of all Teslas on Australian roads are Model 3s - sounds about right and that percentage will only grow until Model Y comes along.

Oooooh.... sounds ominous ;)

Yes. Another way to say it - There are more Model 3s on Australian roads than any other Tesla brought into this country in a decade - in just 7 months.

And yes. There are some surprises in the data.

I have an announcement.

Last year this thread was the centre of the universe for many of us waiting on their car. I was one of those agonising over the long wait. My car arrived, and I developed the tracking, and helped many hundred - to the point it is today which is highly accurate.

I can now track every car on every ship - and every car historically. For the last few months I have been gathering the data.

Thank you for your service Veda. I was in this thread from page 140 and was part of that loooooong wait you mentioned. Your tracking updates kept me sane... well as sane as I could be living and breathing Tesla forums/youtube/reddit until delivery.

Thank you for your service Veda. I was in this thread from page 140 and was part of that loooooong wait you mentioned. Your tracking updates kept me sane... well as sane as I could be living and breathing Tesla forums/youtube/reddit until delivery.

Thanks. Lol. Pg 31 - April 2019. I debuted in this thread. Tracking was not even thought about at that time.

Ooh that is exciting! I’m hoping one of them is mine and that I’ll get the notification soon!

I thought the cars brought to Richmond are for delivery that/new few days. Don't they have a separate warehouse where the cars come to from Sydney?

I was at Richmond yesterday to handover my number plates (delivery on Friday) and saw about 20 cars inside and definitely mine wasn't there - they were all getting ready for delivery yesterday/today. Didn't look like a massive warehouse to store more than 30 cars at a time.

I thought the cars brought to Richmond are for delivery that/new few days. Don't they have a separate warehouse where the cars come to from Sydney?

I was at Richmond yesterday to handover my number plates (delivery on Friday) and saw about 20 cars inside and definitely mine wasn't there - they were all getting ready for delivery yesterday/today. Didn't look like a massive warehouse to store more than 30 cars at a time.

Yes. There is another storage location a few blocks away in Richmond and a carpark nearby is used for overflow.