Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SEXY CARS - did you know this? I didn't..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.06.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.06.36 pm.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 120
:(:(
The reason that the LR RWD & AWD with towbar option may not be available yet because they are going through the ADR processes from 1/6/2019, and Tesla can't release selling them until that's complete.

The SR+ & P3D may have gone through the ADR processes and no one has seen them being transported in Australia. There maybe a SR+ & a P3D hidden in a warehouse somewhere.

Does anyone have any updates on this? I’m still waiting for a towbar.:(

Today I read in "The Driven - Tesla extends free for life Premium Connectivity to more Australia and New Zealand customers", i.e. for people who ordered a Premium Model 3 before 30 June 2019.

Having ordered mine on 1st June 2019, I am absolutely thrilled!!!

However, I just checked and on the touchscreen it still says that my premium connectivity expires in September 2020. Just wondering if this is "normal" or whether anyone else with a pre-30 June 2019 order has seen this change on their configuration page?

Reactions: jaykaye
Today I read in "The Driven - Tesla extends free for life Premium Connectivity to more Australia and New Zealand customers", i.e. for people who ordered a Premium Model 3 before 30 June 2019.

However, I just checked and on the touchscreen it still says that my premium connectivity expires in September 2020. Just wondering if this is "normal" or whether anyone else with a pre-30 June 2019 order has seen this change on their configuration page?
Me too;)

Hi,

Yes at the time I ordered (May31) the order screen clearly stated free premium connectivity with no time constraint. When it was later changed to 12 months I questioned Tesla and was verbally informed that they would honor it.

My car is also showing and expiry date 12 months from delivery.

Reactions: m4rtin
Hi,

Yes at the time I ordered (May31) the order screen clearly stated free premium connectivity with no time constraint. When it was later changed to 12 months I questioned Tesla and was verbally informed that they would honor it.

My car is also showing and expiry date 12 months from delivery.

Whirlpool post said guy called Tesla and was advised it will be updated soon. Yay to us early orderers!

20200428_154502-Edit.jpg
I tried wrapping my centre console recently and unlike all the pros in the Youtube videos... I failed! Once I finally got the bubbles out, I then had issues with the corners with the wrap lifting in the corners and not looking quite right.

On the weekend I found Tessories.com.au and the Moulded Centre Console Covers for Model 3. It looks so much better IMHO than the wrap I tried installing earlier, and was so simple to install. I ordered Sunday and had it today (Tuesday).

If you hate the finger prints and dusty look the centre console keeps getting, then I think this is a great idea.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Flatbat and jason66
View attachment 536704 I tried wrapping my centre console recently and unlike all the pros in the Youtube videos... I failed! Once I finally got the bubbles out, I then had issues with the corners with the wrap lifting in the corners and not looking quite right.
I used the Abstract Ocean wrap. I found it very forgiving during application (if you don’t place it perfectly first time you can lift and replace a couple of times without it stretching too much) and have had no issues with corners lifting. I got the “carbon fibre” wrap and I reckon it looks fab.

View attachment 536704 I tried wrapping my centre console recently and unlike all the pros in the Youtube videos... I failed! Once I finally got the bubbles out, I then had issues with the corners with the wrap lifting in the corners and not looking quite right.

On the weekend I found Tessories.com.au and the Moulded Centre Console Covers for Model 3. It looks so much better IMHO than the wrap I tried installing earlier, and was so simple to install. I ordered Sunday and had it today (Tuesday).

If you hate the finger prints and dusty look the centre console keeps getting, then I think this is a great idea.
Can't tell if you're self-promoting your own store or just a happy customer. Watch out because way you worded it may put you in breach of self-promotion rules on the forums. Either way, if it is your store, maybe don't use the supplier images for your website. Took me about 5 minutes to find the supplier and cost price of all your stocked items from Aliexpress.

Hi All new Tesla owner here with a Model 3 Long Range coming next week. Can I ask current owners is the middle back seat in the long range heated or just the two main back seats. My youngest and third child is desperate to know and I can't find any information on the net.