Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 Model 3 has a little flat round button-thing which inflates lower parts of the seat. I don't find it at all intuitive to use though.

I've never quite managed to get a really comfortable position in my 3, despite fiddling over many months (and even reading seat-adjustment guidelines). Perhaps because my previous / other car has a very different driving position. Dunno.

But the lumbar controls do exist in the 3.

same. for me the seat just isnt wide enough, the side bolsters not big enough and the seat needs to hav extendable tigh support really.

My 2019 Model 3 has a little flat round button-thing which inflates lower parts of the seat. I don't find it at all intuitive to use though.

I've never quite managed to get a really comfortable position in my 3, despite fiddling over many months (and even reading seat-adjustment guidelines). Perhaps because my previous / other car has a very different driving position. Dunno.

But the lumbar controls do exist in the 3.

model 3 has 2 lumbar supports, one sacral/lower lumbar support and one high lumbar support.

circular button has 4 ways. Rearwards deflates. Forwards inflates the top and bottom cushion. bottom only inflates the bottom cushion. top inflates the top cushion only.

• Informative
Reactions: bay74
What's a reasonable price range for a set of new Pilot Sport 4Ss? (replacements for original tyres)
Are you talking 235/45R18? Original fitment on the SR+ is Michelin Pilot 4 (not 4S) AFAIK

$250 per corner at JAX ($100 cashback for a set)

$240ea at Tempe Tyres (likely parallel import)

Last edited:
  • Informative

Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 28

My delivery window is still moving. According to my SA, the Victorian orders were starting to arrive this week (subject to change). I do hope that as we get closer to the end of June that it becomes a bit more narrow.

Also checked my VIN with VicRoads and it's not yet registered (bummer). Looks like end of June then.

My delivery window is still moving. According to my SA, the Victorian orders were starting to arrive this week (subject to change). I do hope that as we get closer to the end of June that it becomes a bit more narrow.

Also checked my VIN with VicRoads and it's not yet registered (bummer). Looks like end of June then.
The VIN is only registered the day of or the day before delivery appointment. So it won't appear until you select your appointment. learnt it the hard way. :)

Reactions: Greg Liz and strdst
Thanks Nobody, you're right. PS4 not PS4S. Brother in law said just get some cheapy Chinese tyres, they'll be fine, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about tyres to know whether this is wise... Thinking I'll stick with the PS4s instead, maybe use Chill mode to get a bit more life from the second set (hmmm, but it's a Tesla!)

Might be a silly question but do the tyre pressure monitors get transferred to new tyres? (Never had a car with TPMS before).

Thanks Nobody, you're right. PS4 not PS4S. Brother in law said just get some cheapy Chinese tyres, they'll be fine, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about tyres to know whether this is wise... Thinking I'll stick with the PS4s instead, maybe use Chill mode to get a bit more life from the second set (hmmm, but it's a Tesla!)

Might be a silly question but do the tyre pressure monitors get transferred to new tyres? (Never had a car with TPMS before).
Make sure you tell the tyre fitter that you have TPMS or they might get very broken.
In selecting a tyre its important that the structure of the tyres caruss is capable of withstanding the weight of the car (plus load) as well as the stresses when being driven in a spirited manner.
The data is available, but also be mindful that some Chinese manufacturers have a habit of providing data that you want to see, not data that reflects the truth.

• Informative
Automatic Car washes ?
To date have only hand washed my 3. I am feeling lazy and my car is not so precious after 18 months. I imagine many of you are using Automatic car washes like the ones at BP. Any issues? Manual says to use touchless car washes, but I suspect many people ignore this. I suppose wipers to off & select neutral. Any other pointers other than not to do it ;)

Automatic Car washes ?
To date have only hand washed my 3. I am feeling lazy and my car is not so precious after 18 months. I imagine many of you are using Automatic car washes like the ones at BP. Any issues? Manual says to use touchless car washes, but I suspect many people ignore this. I suppose wipers to off & select neutral. Any other pointers other than not to do it ;)
Hand wash only for my tesla. When I collected it my detailer (doing opticoat t the time) asked that I insist tesla not wash it before delivery, as its done by the transport company. I watched them clean a new bmw. Broom in bucket, broom washes around the bottom first, up in the wheels, then roof, then bonnet. Broom then sweeps clean the concrete hardstand, car is changed….and broom goes back to work.

Good Luck. Not long for you now and you must be really excited !