Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be wrong but I thought someone said that all CPO cars had AP enabled on them. But its weird thats a 2015 and no AP. Frankly you could do better ordering new and getting the tax credits with a better package. Dont know why that one is listed without being eligible for credits.

I might be wrong but I thought someone said that all CPO cars had AP enabled on them. But its weird thats a 2015 and no AP.

For a while, Tesla offered the "Tech Package with Autopilot" before they broke it out separately and made the Tech package standard. This was likely a car that didn't opt for the Tech package, and therefore doesn't have AP.

Dont know why that one is listed without being eligible for credits.

Only Inventory ("new") cars are eligible for the tax credits (except in CO). Most CPO cars are used and therefore not eligible for the credits. This car is clearly a used car.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I see, it only has 50 miles.

With no Tech Package or Autopilot, I really doubt this was an Inventory car (demo/loaner). Most demos/loaners are close-to fully loaded.

Who knows the story, but I'm sure this is definitely a CPO/used car.

For a while, Tesla offered the "Tech Package with Autopilot" before they broke it out separately and made the Tech package standard. This was likely a car that didn't opt for the Tech package, and therefore doesn't have AP.

Only Inventory ("new") cars are eligible for the tax credits (except in CO). Most CPO cars are used and therefore not eligible for the credits. This car is clearly a used car.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I see, it only has 50 miles.

With no Tech Package or Autopilot, I really doubt this was an Inventory car (demo/loaner). Most demos/loaners are close-to fully loaded.

Who knows the story, but I'm sure this is definitely a CPO/used car.
Just looked on hanks site and it list it as an AP car

Well, golly! So it does! :)

It also has the code for No Tech Package. So this is a coding error on Tesla's VIN webpage.

However, a car produced when AutoPilot was part of the Tech Package, but the buyer didn't add the tech package would still come with the required hardware for it. Thus, this could be the previous owner didn't get the tech package, but Tesla activated AP as part of the certification process (like unlocking SpC on 60s). Just a guess though.

However, a car produced when AutoPilot was part of the Tech Package, but the buyer didn't add the tech package would still come with the required hardware for it. Thus, this could be the previous owner didn't get the tech package, but Tesla activated AP as part of the certification process (like unlocking SpC on 60s). Just a guess though.

That's pretty much the only way this could happen, logically.

The problem still existed that this car didn't show Autopilot on the Tesla page, while it still had the option code for it.

That's pretty much the only way this could happen, logically.

The problem still existed that this car didn't show Autopilot on the Tesla page, while it still had the option code for it.

After some people found cars with different options, colors, or even models from the description page, I stopped putting faith in that. But of course, that was like 100 pages back, so recent viewers wouldn't know about that. :)

Don't take the options listing in that page as gospel. Especially between tech package and AP. Just call a CPO advisor and ask. They would be able to find it for sure. Since these are in a service center, someone can walk over and confirm the options.

That was what happened in my case where the website listed mine as Tech Package with no mention of AP, but their internal records said AP. So someone walked over and confirmed that it had the hardware and also the software was enabled.