Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are S85s with autopilot and the large frunk but are there any P85s with AP and the large frunk?

Just pondering if there are any unicorns out there that one day show up on cpo.

By "large frunk" there are two different things.. When AP hit, the "microwave" area in the back of the frunk shrunk a little bit, but it was a small change.

The other change was for dual motor cars that shrunk the frunk by about 50% to make room for the front motor.

So if you're thinking about cars with the really small frunk, those are all dual motor cars. If you're thinking about the slightly smaller microwave area, those are RWD cars with Autopilot.

The only way to get the largest frunk made is a non-AP, RWD car. ;)

So if you're asking about 85kWh RWD cars with Autopilot, there's one CPO available right now:

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H14EFP61423 | Tesla (opps, not "P" -- sorry)

And looking at the entire CPO US history of 85's with AP and the large frunk, there have been:

S85: 57
P85: 41
P85+: 19

edit to add: Total number of RWD 85 kWh CPOs US:
S85: 756
P85: 762
P85+: 503

Last edited:
By "large frunk" there are two different things.. When AP hit, the "microwave" area in the back of the frunk shrunk a little bit, but it was a small change.

The other change was for dual motor cars that shrunk the frunk by about 50% to make room for the front motor.

So if you're thinking about cars with the really small frunk, those are all dual motor cars. If you're thinking about the slightly smaller microwave area, those are RWD cars with Autopilot.

The only way to get the largest frunk made is a non-AP, RWD car. ;)

So if you're asking about 85kWh RWD cars with Autopilot, there's one CPO available right now:

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H14EFP61423 | Tesla

And looking at the entire CPO US history of 85's with AP and the large frunk, there have been:

S85: 57
P85: 41
P85+: 19

edit to add: Total number of RWD 85 kWh CPOs US:
S85: 756
P85: 762
P85+: 503

Yes, but after the initial run, AP was 60/85 without the P for RWD cars. There are not too many RWD + AP + P cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Only thing missing for me on this one is the upgraded sound. (Need XM radio due to poor cell coverage on the daily drive)
85 with autopilot.PNG

Does anyone have an idea where the newer CPOs went? I only see two cars from 2015, everything else is 2014 or older.
They pull cars occasionally. Nobody knows the exact reason. People speculate its to put back in the loaner fleets or sold to a 3rd party like Texas Direct. My suggestion is get with an Owner Advisor and see what kind of 'hidden' inventory they show.

Is it confirmed that they pulled all the 2015/2016 cars at one point in time? Do you happen to know when that was (approx even?)
I have no knowledge of what they pulled or didn't . I was just responding to your question as to if they were pulled why that might have happened. I don't have the same visibility that Hank does on the history of the cars. I just get the alerts for new listings

Is it confirmed that they pulled all the 2015/2016 cars at one point in time? Do you happen to know when that was (approx even?)

There's nothing ever "confirmed". In the history of the CPO program, there have been several cycles of "bulk dumps" (additions) as well as bulk removals of both CPO and Inventory cars. It's also happened overnight once where they added hundreds of cars, and then the next day or two, they were gone. There's never any explanation as to why this happens, only speculation.

It may have been ordered and VIN assigned as a P85+ and then changed prior to the build to be a "D", based on the VIN and dates.
Or, in my opinion, and much more likely, it's a coding error on Tesla's website. There are many many inconsistencies between the summary and detail pages. They still can't get the folding mirror options to agree (although nobody really sees that). There are dozens of other ones I've found and emailed Tesla about they still haven't fixed.