Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you. I was referring to the other poster who is complaining about rushing to buy a CPO this week just to get the current lifetime Supercharging option. Regardless of whether they had to use the Supercharger or not as their charging source, it definitely was complaining that if they wait, they would have to pay for their local Supercharging.

I am aware you are making a reference to me and lets leave that up to Tesla if I use it to much. I travel to WPB and that a 400 mile round trip. I will have a home charger to but, as I stated if they are going unused who cares if I go. I also never stay the full time for a full charge anyhow as I don't have the patience to wait the full time. So, 30min charges once a week isnt over board. So, your making a lot of assumptions about me. Also, a lifetime of free charges vs. 70 bucks a year is a pretty big difference if you keep a car 10 years.

I am aware you are making a reference to me and lets leave that up to Tesla if I use it to much. I travel to WPB and that a 400 mile round trip. I will have a home charger to but, as I stated if they are going unused who cares if I go. I also never stay the full time for a full charge anyhow as I don't have the patience to wait the full time. So, 30min charges once a week isnt over board. So, your making a lot of assumptions about me. Also, a lifetime of free charges vs. 70 bucks a year is a pretty big difference if you keep a car 10 years.

Did I say anything about abuse or you shouldn't do what you are planning to do? So "leave that up to Tesla if I use it too much" is fine as I didn't touch on the subject. Instead, the crux of my statements is "a lifetime of free charges vs. 70 bucks a year is a pretty big difference if you keep a car 10 years". Sorry, as others have alluded, you should not let $700 over 10 years dictate your decision to get the car now vs. later.

Burn me if you feel so, but I've used the Charlotte Supercharger many times vs. charging at home. It is in a grocery store parking lot and on top of every month having an owner's club lunch at the Chinese restaurant there (I move my car before we go into the restaurant), I sometimes stop by and do grocery shopping there if I won't prevent others from charging. IMO, when done in such a manner to not impact others and not overly abuse Tesla's offerings, I have no problem with it. I still wouldn't let Supercharging access limits before charging dictate such a large purchase. I could get an AP2 car right now (and even got a trade-in quote from Tesla for my car), but figured to not rush into such a decision over getting lifetime Supercharging that I would surely use on my Florida trips.

Just November + December (the only two month's I've tracked so far) Supercharging would have used up most of the 400 kWh yearly free Supercharging if I was on the new terms. I still wouldn't rush to get a car simply over trying to get in on the old terms.

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.11.32 AM.png

Penny-wise, pound-foolish.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.11.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.11.32 AM.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AMPd and MsElectric
I have been planning this 3rd week of January for about a year when my money hits. they have the CPO car I want but it's a little more than I wanted plus it's in Cali so 2k more to deliver it. So, 1000 deposit within next 2 days = free lifetime vs seeing if they get a like car or like car with less miles in 3 weeks = no free lifetime.

Yes it's a big purchase but, I have done amble research. It just happens to be my luck they do this when I am ready lol

Reactions: Cyclone
@Cyclone I got you slightly beat for November. :p

(And before the pitchforks come out, I have charging at work, and I drove from Utah to New Hampshire and back for Thanksgiving....)

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 10.36.06 AM.png

/edit Sadly my GPS went out on the return home (but then came back). Regardless Tesla took it in for service to figure out why and I haven't had the car since Dec 1. I told them to not bother rushing it as the weather has been rough recently so I don't mind driving my older beat up ICE in this crummy weather. Let that car take the rock chips while they sort out my issue. (Also the SLC service center has been short staffed. I specifically told them to worry about higher priority customers, I'm fine waiting) All my charges for December have been at the service center as they have left it plugged in sitting in the shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone
Sorry, newbie here that has yet to take delivery... @Cyclone & @Fiver - On the screen caps with the charging info, is that info that the car has stored somewhere on a menu, or do you manually have to track it and/or export the data? It's pretty cool to see hard numbers on efficiency & actual costs.

Those screenshots are from a paid service called TeslaFi.com . There is a thread about it here on TMC. For $5/mo, it is nice for us data-crazy people.

Those screenshots are from a paid service called TeslaFi.com . There is a thread about it here on TMC. For $5/mo, it is nice for us data-crazy people.

^^ This. TeslaFi is great for loading up on geeky stats. I just wish the site operated slightly faster. Page loads can take awhile. Not sure if it's TeslaFi being slow, or if it's pulling data from the car for each request. (I.e. TeslaFi isn't caching the data, not sure if this is the case)

So on a whim, I decided to check a CPO car that was bought last week that I had my eye on (I had the URL previously bookmarked) and it showed available again! I couldn't find it in the Tesla CPO site or on ev-cpo, but when hitting the link directly, I was able to order it. I am waiting to hear back from my sales advisor to confirm the car is indeed available. My sales advisor told me on Friday that it was not and some lady bought it. Has this ever happened before? I am hoping the original purchaser changed her mind and I was able to grab it before it got re-published again. Is this common?

If I am able to swing it, I hope I can get supercharging as I wanted to buy the car before the deadline but obviously couldn't. Perhaps they can make an exception given the circumstances.

So on a whim, I decided to check a CPO car that was bought last week that I had my eye on (I had the URL previously bookmarked) and it showed available again! I couldn't find it in the Tesla CPO site or on ev-cpo, but when hitting the link directly, I was able to order it. I am waiting to hear back from my sales advisor to confirm the car is indeed available. My sales advisor told me on Friday that it was not and some lady bought it. Has this ever happened before? I am hoping the original purchaser changed her mind and I was able to grab it before it got re-published again. Is this common?

Yes. Quite common. Ev-CPO tries to pick those up as "hidden" cars, but I guess this fell through. Good luck with your purchase!

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum