Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a question for the group -- does anyone look for cars with miles HIGHER than some limit, or just lower than some limit?

Say, would anyone want to search for cars with more than 20k miles?

Personally I am looking ONLY at low mileage vehicles; below 10K and preferably below 5K. If I go CPO 85/P85 instead of 70D, no doubt I'll be buying a mid-range CPO (75-85K.) I have no thought of getting a P85+ for a daily driver. OK, I'm a Manhattanite, every weekend driver.

That's my personal preference. The person who wants to snag anything under $55K likely doesn't have the same criteria for condition or options. They just want a Model S at an low absolute price. Nothing wrong with that, there are deals out there if you're quick about it. Of the 25 lowest CPO removed (<57.9K), 3 were under 10K miles and several more were under 15K.

Another perspective on low VIN high mileage CPO cars and why they may be the best "value". If Tesla is intent on making these cars perfect for the new owner, they may do MORE for the older higher mileage cars like: newer battery pack (refurbished unit swap), new pads, rims, seats etc. I have no data to support this other than my buddy that bought his 6### VIN P85 received new tires, 21" rims, windshield and other unknown items. I'll ask him to check his battery pack. Tesla didn't provide him with an exact itemized list of what they did do but I know what he complained to them about upon his initial inspection and those items were swapped for new. In other words, if it broken, scratched etc it seems Tesla just swaps for new, if it's newish then they leave it be. Higher mileage cars will need more replacement parts that lower mileage ones. My thoughts....

Hint: You can put the option code for power folding mirrors: X037 into the search box to find all CPO cars with that option (there are 68 2013 cars with them)

The lowest VIN P16280 with that option code: 85 kWh Performance Model S P16280 | Tesla Motors

Which sucks for me.. my VIN is less than 1000 before that. :( :mad:

My car is a July 2013 build.

Awesome! I didn't realize the search box was even there. I put in PK01 and now I have all the P85s with parking sensors!

Does anyone happen to have the CPO paperwork that shows what Tesla checks for and what process Tesla does to bring a car to CPO condition? I remember it said things like "We guarantee it to be from tears in the seats, tires that have at least 6/32 tread, etc"

I cannot seem to find it for the life of me!

As I sit on the sidelines watching Tesla's CPO program mature and evolve I find myself wandering from the sage advice I have given prospective Corvette buyers since the dawn of the internet - buy the newest/lowest mileage vette you can afford.

That was my going in plan for my CPO Tesla, but I'm now more inclined to include older/higher mileage vehicles. The physical age or mileage doesn't seem as important as it does on ICE vehicles aside from some missing hardware aka features/accessories.

Does anyone happen to have the CPO paperwork that shows what Tesla checks for and what process Tesla does to bring a car to CPO condition? I remember it said things like "We guarantee it to be from tears in the seats, tires that have at least 6/32 tread, etc"

I cannot seem to find it for the life of me!

Here is the document I signed for CPO. I believe this is what you are looking for...

Attachments

• CPO Model S Pre-Owned Vehicle Disclosure.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 803
Here is the document I signed for CPO. I believe this is what you are looking for...

Nice! The only thing that stuck out to me was the tire tread limits. This means you could potentially get a tire that has 7/32 tread left. I remember them giving me new tires on my BMW CPO. I think that threshold should be much higher...

from PDF:Tire tread depth of at least 6/32 inch, any tire below 6/32 inch will be replaced

Nice! The only thing that stuck out to me was the tire tread limits. This means you could potentially get a tire that has 7/32 tread left. I remember them giving me new tires on my BMW CPO. I think that threshold should be much higher...

from PDF:Tire tread depth of at least 6/32 inch, any tire below 6/32 inch will be replaced

i received my car with 2 tires at 7/32, and 2 at 9/32 (new)