Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you search the forum for Power folding mirror retrofit, there is at least one owner who got it done (who had the proper harness) for about $900... had to be at least 9 months ago now.

Guys, I recently took my 2013 P85 in for some work on the side view mirror (covered under warranty). Telsa changed the internal mechanism. I was told by the service manager that the replacement mechanism actually allows for auto fold. They would have to swap out the door switch and do a firmware update, but the mirror itself was already set to go. It was only one of the two mirrors. If the other one goes and gets swapped, I may spring for the upgrade which should cost significantly less than the $900 that Hank mentions. This is an example of rolling changes to the car that actually benefits older cars.

Given that it is near the end of the quarter I think tesla is looking to sell new cars for their quarterly numbers as oppose to the CPO. I think this is why the CPO prices are so unattractive right now. I would wait until September before making the move. I think that is the beginning of the new quarter. It is only a few more days.
The quarter ends September 30.

Is the "mirrors tilt down a little when in reverse" a feature of the power folding mirrors also? My car doesn't seem to do this.
All cars should have this, or at least an early car with the Tech package. My car does it, without PFM. There is a setting in the UI somewhere to turn it on/off.

Hank is correct. If the car is old enough to be w/ or w/o tech package, then tech package is required to have the auto-tilt feature. If the car is newer from after the disbanding of the tech package, it will have the auto-tilt feature regardless. Thus, get the tech package or an autopilot car :)

My P85 P040xx with tech package does not have mirrors that can do this, FYI.
I thought if you adjust them while in reverse, that it gets set to your user profile. I did this to have my right mirror down and to the side of the car to avoid curbs, and then for the driver side to look straight down the side of the car.

Let's be specific in case others are unaware... Not only do you need to have the feature turned on in the settings, but the position for the auto-tilt MUST be programmed. Thus, turn on the setting, put the car in reverse, set your mirrors, (if you see the driver profile Save option, hit save), and then it is programmed. Simply turning on the UI setting won't set a different position for the mirrors, so popping into reverse will do nothing until after you move the mirrors while in reverse.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiver and Rahul
I've also been hunting for the AP cars but prefer dual motor which usually puts it out of my range. There was a 70D yesterday that was pretty stripped down for $65k but living in CO that kinda doesn't make sense to do since I can get a stripped down 60D for about the same price after $7500 and $6000 ($5000 starting next year) tax rebates. So the wait continues... If anything I'll just keep waiting for my Model 3 and hopefully buy a pretty loaded M3 for ~$60k

ETA: When I first reached out to my CPO advisor he had a classic 60 with AP for $55k. I really wanted AWD or I would have jumped on it. Looking back, I kind of wish that I had :)
There was an 85D with autopilot for $65K recently. So there is some available here and there.

It just seems a little suspicious to me that multiple people on here have lost cars because they were wrecked. Especially considering the rarity of AP ones that I managed to snap. Would be curious to see what the CarFax shows on these supposedly wrecked cars a few months down the road...

After 4 weeks and a day my wait is over! Took delivery of a 2013 Model S 85 today at Highland Park. The experience was great and the car is in excellent condition. Only one minor due bill item for a bumper alignment issue.

View media item 115786
@Syclone Congratulations..:) Looks Sharp! Enjoy.. Would like to hear more about your experience.. I'm waiting for my CPO Model S..

Thanks everyone!

IMO the Anza Brown is a great color. My wife was against the color, but when she saw it in person she said it was beautiful :)

The experience was very straight forward. I called or emailed the DS about every week to check on progress. The service inspection occurred in Dallas and the car was inside the shop the week after my order. The following week it finished and started the transit to Chicago. It arrived in Chicago early the third week, they looked the car over, detailed it and then scheduled their upholstery guy to fix / restore some minor interior imperfections. The car could have been ready that week but the upholstery guy only comes in on Tuesday.

As for delivery day my only recommendation is to check with Alliant Credit Union the morning before to ensure they are ready to process the wire. I called them yesterday morning and provided the purchase agreement from "My Tesla" and possibly the insurance information. After that they sent me the docusign loan documents to sign and then they processed the wire. Pretty simple just not 100% sure I would have been able to take delivery this morning if I hadn't called Alliant.

It just seems a little suspicious to me that multiple people on here have lost cars because they were wrecked. Especially considering the rarity of AP ones that I managed to snap. Would be curious to see what the CarFax shows on these supposedly wrecked cars a few months down the road...
Neither of the two posts you quoted said anything about wrecks... I saw one person that didn't get their car due to a wreck, am I missing multiple more?

Just a little off topic here but I think this will pertain to most of the folls that view this thread. I've read numerous times CPO cars are not eligible for the Extended Service Agreement (extended warranty). My buddy that bought his Model S CPO about 2 years ago has been racking up the miles fast and was approaching the +50K mark. I told him he was out of luck to extend it and should get anything done that wasn't 100% ASAP. The SC told him that if he wanted to buy the ESA he needed to do it before crossing over the +50K threshold. He called me and informed me that I had heard wrong about CPOs and the ESA. I told him I was sure they were wrong and would soon find out the bad news when they attempted to process his order. This afternoon he successfully bought the $4k ESA and even has the receipt for it. He wants to lay low for a week or two just to be sure everything gets processed back at Fremont but said he would post on here his experience. Has anyone else heard of being able to buy the ESA on a CPO? He has a 2013 and bought it CPO with @ 11K on the odometer. Did I some how misunderstand some of the posts about CPO and ESA?

If it was two years ago, he probably bought an Inventory car (demo/loaner) which is still eligible for the ESA. There were no CPOs two years ago. The CPO/Preowned site only went "live" in April, 2015, although there were a few CPOs available offline slightly before that launch date. If it was summer 2014 when he bought the car, no way it's a CPO. Has to be Inventory. My Inventory car came with 8k miles, so 11k miles is not unheard of.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby and Az_Rael
Just a little off topic here but I think this will pertain to most of the folls that view this thread. I've read numerous times CPO cars are not eligible for the Extended Service Agreement (extended warranty). My buddy that bought his Model S CPO about 2 years ago has been racking up the miles fast and was approaching the +50K mark. I told him he was out of luck to extend it and should get anything done that wasn't 100% ASAP. The SC told him that if he wanted to buy the ESA he needed to do it before crossing over the +50K threshold. He called me and informed me that I had heard wrong about CPOs and the ESA. I told him I was sure they were wrong and would soon find out the bad news when they attempted to process his order. This afternoon he successfully bought the $4k ESA and even has the receipt for it. He wants to lay low for a week or two just to be sure everything gets processed back at Fremont but said he would post on here his experience. Has anyone else heard of being able to buy the ESA on a CPO? He has a 2013 and bought it CPO with @ 11K on the odometer. Did I some how misunderstand some of the posts about CPO and ESA?

Oh, this would be awesome, although I wonder how it works with the high mileage CPOs? Can you get an extended warranty past 100k in those cases? I would be all over that.

Edit: Hank answered the question that it probably wasn't a CPO. ah well.

If it was two years ago, he probably bought an Inventory car (demo/loaner) which is still eligible for the ESA. There were no CPOs two years ago. The CPO/Preowned site only went "live" in April, 2015, although there were a few CPOs available offline slightly before that launch date. If it was summer 2014 when he bought the car, no way it's a CPO. Has to be Inventory. My Inventory car came with 8k miles, so 11k miles is not unheard of.
I'm checking with him on the actual date. I was guesstimating. I also mentioned that maybe it was Inventory. He pulled up his docs and confirmed CPO. He was disappointed because is it was Inventory, he has some Fed Tex credit coming us way. I'll post the purchase date when he texts back. He is positive CPO.

Just sent me the actual receipt from when he bought it. May 13 2015. With 9871 miles a P85. The top of the receipt even says Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Configuration Quote. I can PM the VIN Hank to you for confirmation of the CPO status against your data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone
Oh, this would be awesome, although I wonder how it works with the high mileage CPOs? Can you get an extended warranty past 100k in those cases? I would be all over that.

Edit: Hank answered the question that it probably wasn't a CPO. ah well.

Many efforts have been made to secure an ESA for miles 100,001-150,000 - by owners and by service managers. All failed so far.

There won't be many CPOs with mileage over 50,000 out of the gate. A shame, since people have gone to great lengths to reinforce the notion that mileage no longer matters. Especially if you append "as much, exclusive of typical suspension wear items."

Many efforts have been made to secure an ESA for miles 100,001-150,000 - by owners and by service managers. All failed so far.

There won't be many CPOs with mileage over 50,000 out of the gate. A shame, since people have gone to great lengths to reinforce the notion that mileage no longer matters. Especially if you append "as much, exclusive of typical suspension wear items."
I've shared the ViN with Hank so hopefully he can confirm the status from back in 2015 when he purchased the car. I'm hoping its CPO but my buddy is hopeful it was inventory and that he can chase down the tax credit he never went for. Stand by, Hank probably crashed as it's almost midnight back East.

I've shared the ViN with Hank so hopefully he can confirm the status from back in 2015 when he purchased the car. I'm hoping its CPO but my buddy is hopeful it was inventory and that he can chase down the tax credit he never went for. Stand by, Hank probably crashed as it's almost midnight back East.

Sounds bueno. There was no CPO program in 2014. Started late Spring 2015 iirc. At least that's when people started getting calls to potentially part with their GRV cars early to help feed the CPO program. Cars hadn't started to come off lease then either, so pickings were a tad slim, relatively speaking.

Either way, if they granted a CPO car an ESA, that'll be... interesting.

It's listed as a CPO bought very early in the CPO program, well before Inventory cars were made available online. So yeah, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.