Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla should just offer to sell the car for $1 or other nominal amount.... just like the people who sell 5 and get a $25k discount off the Model X, no tax implications there... you don't get taxed on getting a good deal...

Sigh. I am really disappointed in those posting either offering or asking for codes. Mods should shut down this and the other 100 threads that will pop up. Tesla should read them and disallow this commerce.

Just amazing to me that ethics seem to disappear with a small hint of money. The intent of program is to reward for personal referrals. That's someone you know and invest time educating... not somebody you find by trawling in a forum.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...rral-program?p=1092492&viewfull=1#post1092492
Tomas...maybe you and some other like minded people can get behind this:

Here is my link: http://ts.la/vernon7891

You'll get a $1k discount and you can also have the $1000 credit that Tesla gives to me. We'll figure out some way of transferring that. If you can't use it for service, maybe you can buy some of the expensive Tesla luggage.

If I win the Model X, I will auction it off and give the proceeds (minus any tax I owe) to charity. I go on a medical mission to the Philippines every January with Destination: Hope, an approved IRS 501C3 charitable organization. I'm on the board of that organization.

Here's a link made after our first mission in 2007. Been going back every year since then except 2010 when I was in Haiti a week after the quake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spitballer here: Any way we TMC members could pool our referrals ( I have one) and reach the 10 threshold and DONATE the X to charity? It would be great PR for TM/TMC community and get rid of some of the negative 'crap'.

I'm involved with a charity. Would love to get involved. I'd give the person using the referral my share of the $1000 of Tesla swag as well.

If I win the Model X, I will auction it off and give the proceeds (minus any tax I owe) to charity. I go on a medical mission to the Philippines every January with Destination: Hope, an approved IRS 501C3 charitable organization. I'm on the board of that organization.

Here's a link made after our first mission in 2007. Been going back every year since then except 2010 when I was in Haiti a week after the quake.

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

Mods--sorry about the cross post.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how am I giving jaded advice to buy a Model S? Or even being any different about how I tell folks about the car? Even before I had seen the referral program email a friend of mine called and left a message saying he wanted to get a $1000 discount on the Model S he was already planning to buy! He placed his order last night! I didn't read all the posts here but I haven't seen anyone else say they had already gotten a confirmed referral. Am I the first?

So how am I giving jaded advice to buy a Model S? Or even being any different about how I tell folks about the car? Even before I had seen the referral program email a friend of mine called and left a message saying he wanted to get a $1000 discount on the Model S he was already planning to buy! He placed his order last night! I didn't read all the posts here but I haven't seen anyone else say they had already gotten a confirmed referral. Am I the first?
i had one Thursday. This friend was going to buy one anyway. She had been considering it and talking with me about it for over a year.

tesla-ad.gif

People are using Google Adwords for Tesla keywords. The second ad is very bold. Trying to appear to be the real Tesla. All Tesla discount related domain names have been scooped up.
Elon didn't think to prohibit this type of ingenuity.

Another thing happening is people are spamming their link on blogs that have Tesla articles.

Last edited:
If I were Tesla Motors, I would do perfunctory online check of all these referrals, and anything that was clearly not a personal referral would be disallowed. I would also compare zips of referree/referer as filter for further check. They may not see fit to do this for simple 1k+1k referrals, but would expect at least this plus personal interviews of referees to vet the discounted X and free X submissions.

I sure hope to see this sort of activity thwarted and denied by Tesla, because I hope their intent was to reward real referrals, and I'm saddened by the fact that what I once considered a pretty ethical owner group (common concern for energy policy) is turning out unable to sustain ethics when tempted by a single apple. I think it would be an embarrassment for Tesla if they award a free or discounted X to somebody who trawled strangers for their referrals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.