Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Srinivasa, what you are advertising is most likely not allowed by Tesla referral program good faith policy and can be reported as such: "special incentive structure that will benefit the both of us". Really! You could lose awards for all 5 of your referrals if Tesla referral program gets wind of your special incentive structure.
Could you explain why you only pointed me out when there are plenty of other examples on this page alone? The truth is the referral program is littered with examples of this, from people giving incentives like me to others bribing sales associated to give codes out. At least what I am doing benefits a new owner a lot more than using a random code off the internet

Could you explain why you only pointed me out when there are plenty of other examples on this page alone? The truth is the referral program is littered with examples of this, from people giving incentives like me to others bribing sales associated to give codes out. At least what I am doing benefits a new owner a lot more than using a random code off the internet
The operative word in your post was "incentive". A buyer can use any "random code off the internet" and get the same benefit, but it is the referrer who benefits more based on the number of referrals they have made. Not singling you out, but if you've noticed, I have disageeed with many different posts when they try to go against the good faith policy of the Tesla referral program be it special incentive structure or other arrangements.

Reactions: Buddy
The operative word in your post was "incentive". A buyer can use any "random code off the internet" and get the same benefit, but it is the referrer who benefits more based on the number of referrals they have made. Not singling you out, but if you've noticed, I have disageeed with many different posts when they try to go against the good faith policy of the Tesla referral program be it special incentive structure or other arrangements.

But that is 100% YOUR INTERPRETATION of "good faith" and you have no idea what Tesla's interpretation is on the matter. So far, in the entire history of the referral program, we haven't heard of a single person or referral being denied or revoked, and that includes the people who take out Google Adwords and Ebay ads actually selling referral codes, which is specifically stated as being against the rules.

You post the same 'warning' almost every time someone else may offer an incentive or award. How about minding your own business and if people want to offer an "incentive" let them do it and take their chances.

But that is 100% YOUR INTERPRETATION of "good faith" and you have no idea what Tesla's interpretation is on the matter. So far, in the entire history of the referral program, we haven't heard of a single person or referral being denied or revoked, and that includes the people who take out Google Adwords and Ebay ads actually selling referral codes, which is specifically stated as being against the rules.

You post the same 'warning' almost every time someone else may offer an incentive or award. How about minding your own business and if people want to offer an "incentive" let them do it and take their chances.
Just hoping that Tesla is monitoring this thread.

Just hoping that Tesla is monitoring this thread.

Sure, but it's been well over two years now. There are definitely 'nefarious' things people are doing (ads, ebay, etc) that are clearly in bad faith of the program. But owners offering additional "incentives" for using a referral code is far from 'nefarious'. Sure, I understand and accept that some people might have the opinion that those things are in 'bad faith', but it's only a win-win for both parties involved (unlike the nefarious scenarios above). I can't see Tesla bringing down the hammer on the few people who aren't harming Tesla or the new buyers, and only helping both (and the referer, too, of course). That would be pretty a bad PR move.

If they wanted to stop the practice, you'd think they'd say something or clarify the policies on the referral page.

• Informative
Reactions: pkodali and Amit519
Like others, I really don't understand your comment. Are you saying that people who can afford a Tesla make up elaborate stories about wanting to get a free award for using a referral code? Or elaborate stories that people make up to try and convince some future buyer to use their code to get a free Radio Flyer mini-Tesla?

Either way, it really doesn't matter. I don't care how rich you, or anyone else is, or what you think "rich" people can or can not afford, but $500 is the same $500 to you, me, and every other Tesla owner/buyer out there.

Just because someone might have (a lot) more money that you or other people does not diminish the value of $500. It's still $500 and you can buy a lot for that.

Yes, I've bought and owned two Model Ss already (as a lot of people here), and some owners have bought many more... why does that diminish the value of $500 to them, just because they might have more income or net worth?

In fact, the MORE that a "rich" person is concerned about $500 to me tells me that they are logical and understands the actual value of money. I'd never want to be the person that says "eh, I'm rich enough, I don't care about saving $500 for doing nothing"... because at that point, I'd have enough money to give away to needy people and organizations much more in need than me wanting a free Radio Flyer.
My point was that instead of saying please use my code because I want that freebie, people make up emotional stories for others to use their code.

Reactions: Amit519
I think your comment is in response to my post, I don’t think it really warrants that kind of reaction. I can buy a $500 Radio Flyer but I probably won’t if I can’t get them one through referrals, not a sob story just reality. Hard to really justify that kind of money for something they may not use regularly. At the end of the day the referral helps them, Tesla, and the new owner so win win and win.

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

It was not but responses like post #7532 is what I’m talking about. Perhaps some may disagree, but in my opinion that member is exploiting his situation. I would not disclose that kind of info online especially to get a freebie.

This will be my last reply regarding this matter. Sorry to get off topic.

Tesla just added the Referral Roadster to my account (as I'm guessing they did for other Roadster winners).

The only problem is that they want me to send in the $250,000 balance by 11/4/18. Ha ha.

Huge 'thank you' to anyone who used our referral code!

edit: Tesla just followed up with an email:

"I am reaching out to clarify an email communication sent to you today [Subject Line: Complete your Founders Series Roadster reservation]. A Founder’s Series Roadster reservation is now reflected in your Tesla account, but you are not required to provide any further payment at this time. Please disregard that request."

Thanks, Tesla !

017727D7-6247-428C-AB33-B84615A1FF9E (Small).jpeg

upload_2018-10-25_20-46-45.png

Last edited:
Tesla just added the Referral Roadster to my account (as I'm guessing they did for other Roadster winners).

The only problem is that they want me to send in the $250,000 balance by 11/4/18. Ha ha.

Huge 'thank you' to anyone who used our referral code!

edit: Tesla just followed up with an email:

"I am reaching out to clarify an email communication sent to you today [Subject Line: Complete your Founders Series Roadster reservation]. A Founder’s Series Roadster reservation is now reflected in your Tesla account, but you are not required to provide any further payment at this time. Please disregard that request."

Thanks, Tesla !

View attachment 347003

View attachment 347004

Congratulations! Well deserved :)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I don’t know if this is the right thing to do, I’m a 70-year-old grandma and I’m trying to use my sons referral code to get my grandson a kids Tesla car. I don’t have the money to buy one I don’t even think you can , but if anyone can relate to a grandma trying to get her grandson a car for Christmas please use my sons referral code and it is the following. Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty. Thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.