Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 updated from 28.6 to 32.3. Apart from the changes on the update screen relating to alerts, I see one big improvement.. Auto Pilot preemptive Slow down at corners is much improved. Previously it was way too aggressive on minor roads. Braking from 100 to 60 to go around some corners and doing so in a manner that meant it was uncomfortable and annoying. Now it is not braking on all corners and is much more gentle about it on the corners where it does. If you always drive in a town you probably wont notice it. But on rural roads the change are obvious to me.

Other undocumented feature seems to be detecting Give Way signs and showing a line on the ground (though not showing sign on screen)

And it also seem to be picking up Turn traffic lights when they are separated.
Not working when two light bars are next to each other or the 4-light instances.

Spot on. I erred in describing it as Honk on Lock. Having just checked the menus and I see it is actually called "Lock confirmation Sound" and that is exactly what I use it for.
On proper reading of the regulations (rather than believing the media) I note in SA a horn can be used as art of an anti theft device, which locking your car would be. So when you’re permitted back here again, lock away!

• Informative
Reactions: Hovean
Any idea of the download size?
One Australian reference on FB of it being about 450Mb.

Whereas some have claimed US update (including SpeedAssist and possible shadow v11) was near 30Gb

I got 2020.36 overnight for my Model S, and from my network logs I can see a download to the car of 439MB at around 4:00am this morning - so pretty likely no V11 shadow mode code in that small a package.

30GB seems quite large, even for a full stack rewrite for a self-driving robot - 3GB might be more in line with other firmware downloads I've seen since owning the car.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999 and Hairyman
Just had the 2020.36 installed. Release notes only mention three things:

1- Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning
2- Green Traffic Light Chime
3- Cruise Set Speed Improvements

That is all. I have not driven the car yet.

Pretty sure same code version gets deployed but is dictated by regional attributes

So like all below is in place but limited to what's enabled for asstralia

First noticed: August 29, 2020

Driving Visualization Improvements

Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning

Green Traffic Light Chime

Speed Assist Improvements

Suspension Instrument Panel Display

Cruise Set Speed Improvements

Pedestrian Warning

Just took the horse for a spin. Yes, I decided my car is a horse. Lots of mass with a tiny brain, often skittish, occasionally rearing its head and showing the whites in its eyes. And too often its rider, me, with hands in the air expleting "what is it doing now?!". Yah, I never was any good on a horse... glad that part of my life is behind me.

Sadly, AP is still unusable in traffic light areas, doesn't go through green on its own, it still thinks the lane indicators on the Sydney harbour bridge are traffic lights and wants to stop for each in the middle of traffic, even with cars ahead.

And the wait continues...

Reactions: Hairyman