Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wakeup issue May be fixed. Funny enough, I tried this morning, at 6am and I thought it didn't work. So I was on this forum reading. Than checked the app and boom! It woke up. Currently defrosting the car. Either that or there is no congestion this early!

Interesting thing will be in June 2024 when the Telstra 3G network shuts down. All the old Powerwall2's used Telstra 3G as their backup and don't have LTE modems so can't use Telstra 4G.

But aren’t most PW2’s either connected to home WiFi or Ethernet? Mine is hard-wired Ethernet.

But yeah, if they are 3G modems only, they will stop working 1 July 2024.

So we seem to have a recurring issue around priority bluetooth devices.

We will end up with one device being priority on both tesla accounts/driver profiles - when you switch it, it might reflect that device 1 is a priority for driver 1 - great, but a couple of days later - get in the car and device 1 will be prioity for neither, and device 2 is priority for drivers 1 & 2.. rinse repeat.

anyone else have the same issue? tips/tricks?

Mine is connected to the home wifi, and I know tesla cannot connect to it when my wifi is off. maybe 3G only installed when required.
I have had a mixed experience with home wifi and LTE connection with both of my Model 3-s. It appears to be heavily dependent on the software version on the car as well as software version of the app.
If my car is connected to wifi and then goes to sleep in the garage and my phone is connected to wifi, often the phone app will not wake up the car. For some reason the wakeup message never gets sent to the car, however if I then disable wifi on the phone and try again, the car wakes up in few seconds. Then I can connect the phone back to wifi and it is happy to connect to car and control everything fine.
Now this appears to be the situation with about 2 out of 3 software versions on both car and phone app, however every now and then there comes a version where the car wakes up fine from the phone even if the phone is still connected to wifi, so it does appear that the problem is somewhere in the code and at random times they accidentally fix it and then break it again with a subsequent update.

2023.12.9.1 installed remotely last night. Considering that's still 0.9 sub-minor version points away from 2023.12.10, I'm not worried that I'm overseas. Also, considering how often the car tells me I'm about to depart lanes (because the car misidentifies lanes and doesn't see potholes), I'm not expecting being offered FSD playtime anytime soon...

I had it reliably detect the led speed signs on the M3/M1 coming back from Brisbane to the GC on 12.9. However, it seems to reset the speed at GPS points, e.g. the merging of the M3/M1, so I had to bring it down to 80 again from 100 km/h. Installed 12.9.1 last night and had a dry wipe on a crystal clear day.

Reactions: AndyEV