Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, some of it may have been due to circumstances out of their control. They need to negotiate for locations, get permits, hire local contractors, inspection, etc. Anybody in that chain could hold up the show for months.

This would be an excuse if that was Tesla's first year, but they have been building Superchargers for 5 years now, so they exactly what they were up against. Elon said double the chargers, not locations and I think we are close to that. Either way, I'm not complaining one bit. There is no other charging network that is anywhere near as useful, complete and robust as Tesla's Supercharger. Without the Supercharger network, my Tesla would not be worth much to me as I travel a lot on the road.

This would be an excuse if that was Tesla's first year, but they have been building Superchargers for 5 years now, so they exactly what they were up against. Elon said double the chargers, not locations and I think we are close to that. Either way, I'm not complaining one bit. There is no other charging network that is anywhere near as useful, complete and robust as Tesla's Supercharger. Without the Supercharger network, my Tesla would not be worth much to me as I travel a lot on the road.

Without the Supercharger network, I probably would still be driving my Volt, because you're right, there really isn't any other practical way to take an EV more than a couple hundred miles right now.

Reactions: David99
There are now 500 supercharger locations open in North America! Canada: 36; Mexico: 6; USA: 458.

There were 361 open at the end of last year, the number that Elon said they would double. Looks like it won't be anywhere close to that, not even 50% growth unless they open four per day for the rest of the year. Still, pretty good all things considered.

More then double here in Chicago area with more coming soon. And the new ones are much larger with 12+ stalls. I think one reason for the slow down is that they are timing it to coincide with model 3. I know of 2 more new or expanded in Chicago area including highland Park service center getting 8 more stalls that I have not seen on any maps so there is a good chance that there are plans over and above what is shown on maps in grey as planned locations.

Would you think highly of my dedication to the cause or be afraid of my lunacy if I had? :)

But to answer your question, nope. I used curl, sed, grep, and a few other Unix tricks to parse the data from their web site. First time I had looked at the data that goes into the map, so it took maybe 20 minutes to find the list and parse it. There may be a couple errors, but the list should be very close to complete.
I found one so far that isn't on your list, Poncha Springs, CO.

(Context for those new to this thread - Tesla recently changed most of their "Due to open end of 2017" locations to "end of 2018" - except for a very small number of them which are marked as "Opening soon" - these are the sites listed below)

So going through @swaltner's list:

These ones already marked as under construction on supercharge.info - i.e. no further research needed:

Phoenix, AZ
Cupertino, CA
Fremont, CA (Fremont-Fremont Hub, CA)
Lake Elsinore, CA
Mt. Shasta, CA (Mt Shasta, CA - #2)
Sunnyvale, CA

Thousand Oaks, CA
Poncho Springs, CO
Danbury, CT
Orlando, FL (Orlando-Universal Blvd, FL)
Natick, MA - probably refers to Framingham, MA
Auburn Hills, MI
Livonia, MI
Jersey City, NJ
Woodbridge, NJ
New Rochelle, NY
Lynnwood, WA

Brighouse, UK (Northbound & Southbound)
Fleet, UK (Northbound & Southbound)
Graz, Austria (probably refers to Laßnitzhöhe, Austria)
Laval, QC
Liphook, UK
Merida, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Markham, ON
Owen Sound, ON
Pickering, ON
Ponferrada, Spain
Sanson, New Zealand (probably refers to Palmerston North, NZ)
Swindon, UK (probably refers to Membury Services Westbound & Eastbound)

Special cases

Yermo, CA - Already temporarily active
Skokie, IL - might mean Chicago-Wrigleyville, IL - but Tesla lists both locations, so "Chicago-Wrigleyville" is the name you would expect Tesla to use for the currently identified construction site. Skokie is possibly a new site.

The following sites are already under construction but unspotted! Get hunting if you are in these areas :)

Manhattan, NY
Manhattan, NY - Midtown
Yonkers, NY

Boras, Sweden
Condeixa-a-Nova, Portugal
Enfield, UK
Estremoz, Portugal
Kotka, Finland
Miyun/Beijing, China
Taizhou, China (there are two locations with this name - could be either one)

Wetherby, UK
Yueyang, China

Curse the edit time limit!

The two Portugal locations are sorted - they are actually the same as the ones already identified albeit about 50 km away from where the dots were originally marked.

The Taizhou, China location is Taizhou, Zhejiang, China. I could've just checked the map for that :-/

(Context for those new to this thread - Tesla recently changed most of their "Due to open end of 2017" locations to "end of 2018" - except for a very small number of them which are marked as "Opening soon" - these are the sites listed below)

So going through @swaltner's list:

These ones already marked as under construction on supercharge.info - i.e. no further research needed:

Phoenix, AZ
Cupertino, CA
Fremont, CA (Fremont-Fremont Hub, CA)
Lake Elsinore, CA
Mt. Shasta, CA (Mt Shasta, CA - #2)
Sunnyvale, CA

Thousand Oaks, CA
Poncho Springs, CO
Danbury, CT
Orlando, FL (Orlando-Universal Blvd, FL)
Natick, MA - probably refers to Framingham, MA
Auburn Hills, MI
Livonia, MI
Jersey City, NJ
Woodbridge, NJ
New Rochelle, NY
Lynnwood, WA

Brighouse, UK (Northbound & Southbound)
Fleet, UK (Northbound & Southbound)
Graz, Austria (probably refers to Laßnitzhöhe, Austria)
Laval, QC
Liphook, UK
Merida, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Markham, ON
Owen Sound, ON
Pickering, ON
Ponferrada, Spain
Sanson, New Zealand (probably refers to Palmerston North, NZ)
Swindon, UK (probably refers to Membury Services Westbound & Eastbound)

Special cases

Skokie, IL - might mean Chicago-Wrigleyville, IL - but Tesla lists both locations, so "Chicago-Wrigleyville" is the name you would expect Tesla to use for the currently identified construction site. Skokie is possibly a new site.

The following sites are already under construction but unspotted! Get hunting if you are in these areas :)

Manhattan, NY
Manhattan, NY - Midtown
Yonkers, NY

Boras, Sweden
Enfield, UK
Estremoz, Portugal
Kotka, Finland
Miyun/Beijing, China

Wetherby, UK
Yueyang, China
Beckley , WV is technically under construction although it has been complete including transformer and meter for over a month.

Beckley , WV is technically under construction although it has been complete including transformer and meter for over a month.

Yeah, there are quite a few under construction ones which Tesla has decided are not "coming soon" enough to label them as such - I guess they have a cut off as to how close is close enough for a "coming soon" label. They still might go live in the first couple of weeks of the 2018 so the label "coming before end of 2018" is not technically wrong!

I had my Model S in for servicing today at the Dublin service center (thanks to them for taking me in on the spot on the last Saturday of 2017 to fix a door handle that wouldn’t present) and got a couple pictures from the Supercharger display in the service lounge.

Bruce.

BD08A1E5-8752-40D2-997D-DF68E1063C8F.jpeg
79B71A44-AAB8-4CBB-BC46-BBC6072D0A6A.jpeg

Update on my previous list:

Supercharger - Skokie IL
Supercharger - Yonkers, NY
Enfield UK is actually Supercharger - Enfield, Ireland
Condeixa-a-Nova and Estremoz in Portugal are actually the known sites at Fatima and Montemor-o-Novo

The rest are still up in the air!

Special cases

Manhattan, NY
Manhattan, NY - Midtown
Yonkers, NY

Boras, Sweden
Enfield, UK
Estremoz, Portugal
Kotka, Finland
Miyun/Beijing, China

Wetherby, UK
Yueyang, China

How about the 65 NEW Superchargers opened in December 2017???

That is more than TWO a day.

There have been Quarters of the year that each month averaged roughly 30+ new Superchargers per month.
Unless the ground has already been dug, or the new location is Southern portion of hemisphere, the rate of Supercharger openings will probably slow down a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Here is an update on the status of North American "Coming Soon" superchargers. There were by my count 283 on the Find Us page as of April 24, 2017 which claimed to have a target opening date in 2017. Including expansions, 11 stations came online in May, 10 in June, 10 in July, 18 in August, 23 in September, 25 in October, 17 in November, and 27 in December which is 113 or 40% of Tesla's ambitious 2017 supercharger network expansion plans. Tesla has added its unfinished sites targeted to open in 2017 to its 2018 list, so there are now 523 sites in the U.S. and Canada planned for 2018. The pace of openings will continue to be rapid, however, as the number of sites in permitting or under construction is at a record high. Below is a list of the sites that came online in December and the 85 sites for which we have information or at least rumors on their location. Sites with confirmed locations are shown at supercharge.info; details are available for all sites at the Supercharger Progress wiki.

LocationSite Known?Status
Phoenix, AZ yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Willcox, AZ yes operational
Calabasas, CA yes in permitting
Carlsbad, CA yes in permitting
Concord, CA yes awaitig power on / testing
Cupertino, CA yes under construction
Emeryville, CA yes in permitting
Fairfield, CA yes in permitting
Fremont (Fremont Hub), CA yes under construction
Fremont (Kato Road), CA yes under construction hiatus
Kettleman City, CA yes operational
Lake Elsinore, CA yes under construction
Laytonville, CA yes in permitting
Manteca, CA yes expansion operational
Mount Shasta, CA yes expansion awaiting power on / testing
Riverside, CA yes operational
San Diego - Downtown, CA yes in permitting
San Dimas, CA maybe in design/permitting?
San Felipe, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
San Luis Obispo, CA yes in permitting
Santa Clarita yes in permitting
Sunnyvale, CA yes under construction
Thousand Oaks, CA yes under construction
Truckee I (Gateway Center), CA yes expansion in permitting
Boulder, CO yes in permitting
Poncha Springs, CO yes under construction
Danbury, CT yes awaiting power on / testing
Manchester, CT yes operational
Old Lyme, CT yes in permitting
Lewes, DE yes operational
Altamonte Springs, FL yes in permitting
Aventura, FL maybe in site selection
Miami - Brickell, FL yes awaiting something
Miami - Wynwood, FL maybe in site selection
Orlando, FL yes awaiting transformer / hookup
West Melbourne, FL yes operational
Augusta II, GA yes in permitting
Buford, GA yes in permitting
Chicago - Wrigleyville, IL yes under construction
Sioux City, IA maybe in design/permitting?
Chicago - Lincoln Park, IL maybe in design / permitting?
Chicago - Wrigleyville, IL yes under construction
Skokie, IL yes under construction
Emporia, KS yes in design / permitting?
Boston - South Bay, MA yes operational
Cambridge, MA yes operational
Framingham, MA yes under construction
Hadley, MA yes in permitting
Leominster, MA yes operational
Lynnfield, MA sort of in design / permitting?
Seekonk, MA yes in permitting
Wareham, MA yes in permitting
Woburn, MA yes in permitting
Gaithersburg, MD yes operational
Auburn Hills, MI yes awaiting power on / testing
Big Rapids, MI yes under construction
Gaylord, MI yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Livonia, MI yes awaiting power on / testing
Muskegon, MI yes under construction
Greensboro, NC yes under construction
Hickory, NC yes permit approved
Dickinson, ND maybe in site selection
Jersey City, NJ yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Woodbridge, NJ yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Clinton Corners, NY yes under construction
Manorville, NY maybe in permitting?
New Rochelle, NY yes under construction
Yonkers, NY yes under construction
Sheffield, OH yes under construction
Strongsville, OH yes under construction
Springfield, OR yes expansion operational
Bellefonte, PA yes operational
King of Prussia, PA yes in design / permitting
Dallas, TX maybe in permitting?
Fort Stockton, TX maybe in site selection
Laredo, TX yes operational
Pecos, TX yes in permitting
Plano, TX yes in permitting
San Antonio, TX yes in permitting
Southlake, TX yes permit issued
Fairfax, VA maybe in site selection
Fredericksburg, VA yes in permitting
Glen Allen, VA yes expansion operational
Mount Jackson, VA yes operational
Richmond, VA yes operational
Woodbridge, VA yes expansion operational
Bellevue, WA yes in permitting
Issaquah, WA yes under construction
Lynnwood, WA yes under construction
Vancouver, WA yes awaiting testing
Madison II, WI yes operational
Oak Creek, WI yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Oshkosh, WI yes operational
Beckley, WV yes awaiting power on / testing
Huntington, WV yes under construction
Wheatland, WY yes in design / permitting
Calgary - South, AB yes in design / permitting
Squamish, BC yes expansion operational
Barrie II, ON yes operational
Casselman, ON yes under construction
Concord, ON yes operational
Etobicoke, ON yes under construction
Hamilton, ON yes under construction
Markham, ON yes under construction
Owen Sound, ON yes under construction
Pickering, ON yes under construction
Sudbury, ON yes operational
Baie-St-Paul, QC yes operational
Laval, QC yes operational
Mascouche, QC yes operational
Pointe Claire, QC yes unknown
Regina, SK maybe in site selection

Just for fun, below are the remaining 438 sites with a target opening in 2018 for which we need to sleuth out information:
Dothan AL, Montgomery AL, Tuscaloosa AL, Arkadelphia AR, Blytheville AR, Clarksville AR, Forrest City AR, Fort Smith AR, Globe AZ, Kayenta AZ, Payson AZ, Phoenix II AZ, Phoenix III AZ, Sedona AZ, Anaheim CA, Bakersfield II CA, Beverly Hills CA, Brea CA, Cambria CA, Campbell CA, Castro Valley CA, Cerritos CA, Chico CA, Chula Vista CA, Commerce CA, Corona CA, Daly City CA, Dana Point CA, Del Mar CA, Downey CA, Dublin II CA, El Cajon CA, Escondido CA, Folsom III CA, Fontana CA, Fresno II CA, Garden Grove CA, Glendale CA, Half Moon Bay CA, Hayward CA, Hesperia CA, Highland CA, Hollywood CA, Huntington Beach CA, Indio II CA, Irvine CA, Kirkwood CA, Kramer Junction CA, Lakewood CA, Lone Pine II CA, Long Beach CA, Los Angeles - Downtown CA, Malibu CA, Manhattan Beach CA, Marin City CA, Merced CA, Milpitas CA, Mission Viejo CA, Mojave II CA, Moreno Valley CA, Mountain View II CA, Napa II CA, Northridge CA, Oakland CA, Ontario CA, Palm Desert CA, Palmdale CA, Palo Alto CA, Pasadena CA, Petaluma II CA, Playa Vista CA, Pomona CA, Redding CA, Redondo Beach CA, Richmond CA, San Bernardino CA, San Carlos CA, San Diego - La Jolla CA, San Francisco CA, San Francisco (Financial Dist) CA, San Francisco (Mission) CA, San Francisco (SOMA) CA, San Jose CA, San Mateo III CA, San Rafael CA, San Ramon CA, Santa Barbara CA, Santa Clara CA, Santa Cruz CA, Santa Monica CA, Santa Rosa CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Sonoma CA, South San Francisco CA, Stockton CA, Studio City CA, Tustin CA, Vallejo CA, Venice CA, Ventura CA, Visalia CA, Vista CA, Walnut Creek CA, West Covina CA, Yuba City CA, Alamosa CO, Aspen CO, Denver II CO, Denver - Tech Center CO, Estes Park CO, Montrose CO, Steamboat Springs CO, Telluride CO, Walsenburg CO, Darien III CT, New London CT, North Stamford CT, Stamford CT, Torrington CT, Trumbull CT, Waterbury CT, Columbia Heights DC, Washington DC, Washington NE DC, Washington SE DC, Dover DE, Boca Raton FL, Celebration FL, Delray Beach FL, Destin FL, Fort Myers II FL, Gainesville FL, Hollywood FL, Jacksonville FL, Lakeland FL, Miami - Coral Gables FL, Miami Beach - Bal Harbor FL, Miami Beach - South Beach FL, North Naples FL, Pembroke Pines FL, Plantation II FL, Riverside Park FL, Tampa - Clear Water FL, Tampa - Hyde Park FL, Tampa - Wesley Chapel FL, West Palm Beach FL, Weston FL, Yeehaw Junction FL, Atlanta III GA, Atlanta - Cumberland GA, Atlanta - Virginia Highlands GA, Columbus GA, Madison GA, Metter GA, Honolulu HI, Kailua HI, Maui HI, Altoona IA, Dubuque IA, Shelby IA, Heyburn ID, Mountain Home ID, Chicago III IL, Glenview IL, Marion IL, Rosemont IL, Bloomington IN, Elberfeld IN, Fishers IN, Indianapolis - Downtown IN, Merrilville IN, Olathe KS, New Orleans LA, Beverly MA, Boston - Fenway/Kenmore MA, Boston - Seaport MA, Boston - South End MA, Braintree MA, Burlington MA, Charlestown MA, Falmouth MA, Mansfield MA, Natick MA, Orleans MA, Somerville MA, South Dennis MA, Waltham MA, Annapolis MD, Baltimore MD, Beltsville MD, Bethesda MD, Elkridge MD, Frederick MD, Greenbelt MD, Halethorpe MD, Baring ME, Kennebunk ME, Medway ME, Portland ME, West Forks ME, Claire MI, Detroit MI, Escanaba MI, Mackinaw City MI, Novi MI, St. Clair Shores MI, Swartz Creek MI, Alexandria MN, Bloomington MN, Maple Grove MN, Minneapolis MN, St. Paul MN, Bethany MO, Kansas City MO, Mehlville MO, St. Joseph MO, St. Louis MO, Brookhaven MS, Hattiesburg MS, Bighorn MT, Glendive MT, Great Falls MT, Helena MT, Kalispell MT, Miles City MT, Shelby MT, Durham NC, Point Harbor NC, Statesville NC, Bismarck ND, Fargo ND, Grand Forks ND, Jamestown ND, Pembina ND, North Conway NH, Rochester NH, Wolfeboro NH, Barnegat Township NJ, Bridgewater NJ, Cape May NJ, Cherry Hill NJ, Florence NJ, Hackensack NJ, Hamilton Township II NJ, Mount Laurel NJ, Newark NJ, Paramus NJ, Parsippany-Troy Hills NJ, Princeton NJ, Roxbury Township NJ, Summit NJ, Tom's River NJ, West Orange NJ, Clayton NM, Clovis NM, Grants NM, Socorro NM, Astoria NY, Bergen Beach NY, Brooklyn Heights NY, Brooklyn II NY, Buffalo NY, Centuck NY, Chelsea NY, Elmhurst NY, Harlem NY, Hicksville NY, Islandia NY, Ithaca NY, Kips Bay, Little Neck NY, Lower Manhattan NY, Manhattan - Midtown NY, Manhattan III NY, Oneonta NY, Roscoe NY, Queens NY, Salamanca NY, Shirley NY, Two Bridges NY, Upper East Side NY, Valley Stream NY, Wantagh NY, West Nyack NY, Woodbury NY, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Dublin OH, Polaris OH, Sandusky OH, West Cincinnati OH, Henryetta OK, Boardman OR, Hood River OR, Madras OR, Newport OR, Ontario OR, Portland OR, Portland - NE OR, Portland - NW OR, Portland - SE OR, Roseburg OR, Salem OR, Tigard OR, Woodburn II OR, Altoona PA, Lancaster PA, Philadelphia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Newport RI, Charleston SC, Custer SD, Wall SD, Manchester TN, Nashville II TN, Austin (Downtown) TX, Beaumont TX, Brenham TX, Cedar Park TX, College Station TX, Dallas - Mesquite TX, Dilley TX, Falfurrias TX, Fort Worth TX, Fredericksburg TX, Grapevine TX, Houston II TX, Houston - Katy TX, Houston - Uptown TX, Lubbock TX, San Angelo TX, San Antonio - Walden Meadows TX, Wichita Falls TX, Ogden UT, Park City UT, Arlington VA, Gainesville VA, Newport News VA, Tysons VA, Lyndon VT, Rutland VT, Ellensburg II WA, Enumclaw WA, Forks WA, Kirkland - Totem Lake WA, Longview WA, Okanogan WA, Olympia WA, Ritzville II WA, Seattle WA, Seattle - Northgate WA, Seattle - University Village WA, Snoqualmie WA, Spokane WA, Tacoma WA, Wenatchee WA, Lake Geneva WI, Milwaukee WI, Sturgeon Bay WI, Parkersburg WV, Casper WY, Cody WY, Bassano AB, Medicine Hat AB, Burnaby BC, Fernie BC, Richmond BC, Sicamous BC, Vancouver BC, Vancouver - North BC, Vancouver - West BC, Whistler BC, Brandon MB, Portage la Prairie MB, Reynolds MB, Winnipeg MB, Edmunston NB, Frederickton NB, Moncton NB, St. John NB, Woodstock NB, Halifax NS, Truro NS, Batchawana Bay ON, Belleville ON, Blind River ON, Brockville ON, Cambridge ON, Deep River ON, Dryden ON, Espanola ON, Ignace ON, Kenora ON, Mississauga (Meadowvale) ON, Mississauga II ON, Nipigon ON, North Bay ON, North York ON, Orangeville ON, Orillia ON, Renfrew ON, St. Catherines ON, Sault Ste. Marie ON, Scarborough ON, Stardale ON, Strathroy ON, Terrace Bay ON, Thunder Bay ON, Toronto ON, Toronto - Libery Village ON, Toronto - The Annex ON, Toronto - Yonge / Eglinton ON, Upsala ON, Vaughan ON, Waterloo ON, Wawa ON, White River ON, Charlemagne QC, Drummondville II QC, Gatineau QC, L'Étape QC, La Malbaie QC, Lachute QC, Lebourgneuf QC, Saguenay QC, Saint Georges QC, Saint Sauveur QC, Saint Therese QC, Sainte Eulalie QC, Trois-Rivieres QC, Chaplin SK, Maple Creek SK, Moose Jaw SK, Moosomin SK, Swift Current SK, Wolsely SK