Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who can still remember, or those on software earlier than 2021.4.18.2, did road signs use to persist after car had passed?

These are direction arrows painted on road, but it also happens to speed signs on poles. I cannot recall them persisting after car had passed beside/over them. If new, possibly an indication that some objects are being tracked on more cameras.

Apologies for the poor quality video. It was all rather impromptu and road was riddled with speed humps.

2021.4.18.2 Note issues still with phantom traffic light (it was probably the belisha beacon at a Zebra Crossing), passing vehicles and initial orientation of final oncoming arrow. The outline of the road also implied that the road was slightly curved. It isn't - possibly a consequence of negotiating over the speed humps.

For those who can still remember, or those on software earlier than 2021.4.18.2, did road signs use to persist after car had passed?

These are direction arrows painted on road, but it also happens to speed signs on poles. I cannot recall them persisting after car had passed beside/over them. If new, possibly an indication that some objects are being tracked on more cameras.

Apologies for the poor quality video. It was all rather impromptu and road was riddled with speed humps.

2021.4.18.2 Note issues still with phantom traffic light (it was probably the belisha beacon at a Zebra Crossing), passing vehicles and initial orientation of final oncoming arrow. The outline of the road also implied that the road was slightly curved. It isn't - possibly a consequence of negotiating over the speed humps.
I don’t recall anything ever persisting. But now you’ve said it, I’ll keep an eye out.

This is a screen grab from a drive I recorded with the GoPro on 3rd March this year (I was on 2021.4.11 according to TeslaFi), and they were persisting then:

road-markings.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
That’s intentional. Otherwise you could guess the pin by looking where the smudges were. On pc’s where there is pin entry it does the same to avoid a pin being stolen by mouse/screen capturing malware

I'm sure @VanillaAir_UK knows the reason for it but was querying if the behaviour has changed for some reason ... I'll have to pay attention next time I'm in the car!

Ha, yep. Won't be the first time that Tesla have broken the movement of the P2D keypad. Having paid a bit more attention, as @Dilly said, seems it is working as intended. I wasn't fully convinced as having just cleaned the screen of fingerprints, I noticed that they were more concentrated in one area and not across the nav screen as I expected to see if they were moving. But today, I did notice keypad in a different place, so think all is good and no regression.

Looks like I'm seeing things that have been there all along, what with speed signs/road arrows passing right by/under the car. o_O

This is an example of the speed sign persisting behind the vehicle [until it drops out of view]. I cannot remember the signs being so prominent. We were in a slow moving queue, and sign was fully tracked and limit display persisted as we crawled passed [until car had sufficiently passed].

1623660844593.png

Last edited:
This is an example of the speed sign persisting behind the vehicle. I cannot remember the signs being so prominent. We were in a slow moving queue, and sign was fully tracked and limit display persisted as we crawled passed.

View attachment 673225
I can’t remember either! But you’re right, they are being tracked all the way past until they’re off the screen. Even at 60mph.
I haven’t been through traffic light to see how they behave yet.

Reactions: MrBadger
This is an example of the speed sign persisting behind the vehicle. I cannot remember the signs being so prominent. We were in a slow moving queue, and sign was fully tracked and limit display persisted as we crawled passed.

View attachment 673225
Another screen grab from my March GoPro recording. Not the best image (due to screen reflection), but it shows a speed sign persisting behind the vehicle.

sign-persist.jpg

From what I've seen of the interface it isn't that different to what we have now.. the icons are colour, there's some drag/drop capability and they've moved a few things around. Can't see why they would keep that exclusive.. it splits the UI development which drives up costs.

I could certainly believe the prerelease is exclusive to that model, until V11 is done.

I noticed the low speed limits persisting when driving with 2021.4.18.2 on Monday, I was going through a series of 30 limit villages on a 60 road and it just wasn't switching back to national speed limit. I don't remember seeing a sign persisting on the screen though. It worked fine when driving through different villages on the way back and I then immediately updated to 2021.4.18.3 as it had been offered to me that day (14th).

I Drove on Tuesday and didn't have the issue but again this was a totally different set of towns.

I can’t remember either! But you’re right, they are being tracked all the way past until they’re off the screen. Even at 60mph.
I haven’t been through traffic light to see how they behave yet.
Went through two sets of traffic lights yesterday. Was at the front of the queue both times. When at the line the offside traffic light disappeared but the near side remained (just) on driving through they disappeared once they were past the front camera.

Hi All, not sure if right place to post and apologies if already been mentioned. But since 2021.4.18.2 my MS85 (mcu2 upgraded) has not gone into sleep mode once. Upto 2021.4.18 it would always sleep regular intervals of 59mins throughout the day/night.
Wondering if anyone has noticed same thing or read about it elsewhere? Phantom drain now is crazy on my MS.
Thanks.