Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked just there and a blue M3P popped up, I went on the page details and it disappeared. Maybe Tesla are putting them up to cancel orders for folk and then allocating them to other people. I don’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️
It does seem that once they‘re gone, they do then randomly reappear, but not actually available if you click on them. Probably some sort of bug when they are being processed through the computer system somehow.

Another bit of information for anyone else who wants to change there order to an inventory car, it appears you don’t necessarily have to collect the car from the location indicated on the inventory, my new one said it’s located in Manchester, but now I’ve reserved it I was able to select collection from my preferred Bluewater location! 😁

Reactions: moodel_tree
There have been a few more than that - I was notified of the following, some including tow bars. The first ones I'd seen since the 14th

The SR+

The LR

The Performance

Reactions: teaston and 73henny
There have been a few more than that - I was notified of the following, some including tow bars. The first ones I'd seen since the 14th

The SR+
This is the spec I've ordered.
Stupidity that Tesla don't offer the car to someone who's already ordered (even if there are dozens ahead of me). Really puts me off the brand.

The SR+

The LR

The Performance
Thanks for this, good to know my car has only done 4 miles, and was manufactured in one of the most recent batches! 👍🏼

This is the spec I've ordered.
Stupidity that Tesla don't offer the car to someone who's already ordered (even if there are dozens ahead of me). Really puts me off the brand.
Why would they offer it to you when they have your order and they could sell it to someone new. You may not like it but Tesla are a business at the end of the day.

Why would they offer it to you when they have your order and they could sell it to someone new. You may not like it but Tesla are a business at the end of the day.
I'm very well aware they are a business. Thanks anyway. And like I said, I could be miles down the list.
I imagine however that somebody who's waited months perhaps would be a little annoyed someone happened to click on the page at the right time.

I'm very well aware they are a business. Thanks anyway. And like I said, I could be miles down the list.
I imagine however that somebody who's waited months perhaps would be a little annoyed someone happened to click on the page at the right time.
I understand how you must feel.i personally forfeited my first 100 pounds to get an inventory car.You can imagine how gutted I was when I realised my so called inventory was actually still in China.But like someone said,it’s a business at the end of the day.However the allocation system could be better.

Thanks for this, good to know my car has only done 4 miles, and was manufactured in one of the most recent batches! 👍🏼
You're welcome. A dealer mate of mine signed up to get push notifications as he wants to buy CPO cars cheap, and he sends the model 3 ones on to me, a lot appear and disappear within the hour so they turn over fast. You also get a lot more info than Tesla tell you like factory dates and more detailed specs

The allocation seems to be hit and miss. Maybe those cars got released back to the pool (cancelled order) and nobody was there as it was a Sunday to reallocate them to existing orders as it doesn't appear automated. When the Model 3 first launched quite a few ended up ordering an inventory car then ringing up and asking for their existing order to be matched to the car they bagged from inventory as Tesla seemed unable to do it for them. Tesla don't seem to really care.

Reactions: teaston
How do you know that it didn’t go to someone who had already ordered? I’d heard that the inventory cars do get allocated to people who have ordered the same spec.
Tesla don't build to order, so all orders, whether custom or from inventory end up being matched against inventory. The question really is the timing and do tesla sometimes, maybe accidently, publicly list an inventory car when there's an outstanding custom order of the same spec?

Maybe a custom order has been matched to a later delivery (say Dec as that was the first available car when the matching occurred) and then a cancelled order comes in for a car due to be delivered in Sept. Tesla don't change the order matched for December delivery, they just make the cancelled/sept order car available on Inventory and you need to buy it and change the order yourself. It would make sense as there are probably hundreds of outstanding orders for those spec cars so who do you pick?

The evidence seems to suggest at least one of those things is happening.