Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla don't build to order, so all orders, whether custom or from inventory end up being matched against inventory. The question really is the timing and do tesla sometimes, maybe accidently, publicly list an inventory car when there's an outstanding custom order of the same spec?

Maybe a custom order has been matched to a later delivery (say Dec as that was the first available car when the matching occurred) and then a cancelled order comes in for a car due to be delivered in Sept. Tesla don't change the order matched for December delivery, they just make the cancelled/sept order car available on Inventory and you need to buy it and change the order yourself. It would make sense as there are probably hundreds of outstanding orders for those spec cars so who do you pick?

The evidence seems to suggest at least one of those things is happening.
I think it adds a bit of extra excitement to the ordering process, my heart was certainly beating very hard when I saw that red LR on there yesterday afternoon!

Reactions: moodel_tree
re
Tesla don't build to order, so all orders, whether custom or from inventory end up being matched against inventory. The question really is the timing and do tesla sometimes, maybe accidently, publicly list an inventory car when there's an outstanding custom order of the same spec?

Maybe a custom order has been matched to a later delivery (say Dec as that was the first available car when the matching occurred) and then a cancelled order comes in for a car due to be delivered in Sept. Tesla don't change the order matched for December delivery, they just make the cancelled/sept order car available on Inventory and you need to buy it and change the order yourself. It would make sense as there are probably hundreds of outstanding orders for those spec cars so who do you pick?

The evidence seems to suggest at least one of those things is happening.
Yes you are right. I guess that's how business works rather than going back everytime to check from the order list and find who is the one who first ordered and match again. It wastes lot of resources. I guess even most of the traditional car industry works this way - they don't go back and match with their list if a customer did not want the car. I guess they put up in the shop window and sell it for whoever goes first. May be Tesla does it online and most of us can see, so this looks like a bit unfair system.

We all know that if you order a bog standard car from new inventory during the 2nd-3rd week of March, June, Sep and Dec - you will get the car in 7-10 days. It is not a custom order and you may have to compromise a bit. But Tesla doesn't make cars based on number of orders - they just stick to some numbers (based on their data) and make them. It is their business model

Last edited:
Reactions: teaston
1 day to go. M3 SR+ being delivered to my workplace tomorrow, super excited!🥳
I'm in the same boat. Bit nervous as the comms have been non-existent with it being a lease through my work. Last meaningful texxt was on the 24th of Aug saying it would be delivered to my house tomorrow. Plus a text on the 25th saying I'd get an email on the delivery day to accept it and activate the app. Think its worth calling them to make sure all is well for tomorrows delivery?

Reactions: Dylberto73
I'm in the same boat. Bit nervous as the comms have been non-existent with it being a lease through my work. Last meaningful texxt was on the 24th of Aug saying it would be delivered to my house tomorrow. Plus a text on the 25th saying I'd get an email on the delivery day to accept it and activate the app. Think its worth calling them to make sure all is well for tomorrows delivery?
Might be worth calling them, can't hurt I guess.

Are you F*****G KIDDING ME.

Moved house over the weekend. New Council refuse to issue a parking permit as apparently we are in a low permit area.

In typical council fashion, I had no way of knowing that prior to moving in. As no matter what, they say to register for an account to check if you can get one. But, you have to have moved in to do that.

So like, what do you want me to do? SELL MY CAR?!

Councils are the most backwards 'organisations' (because what about them is organised) on this planet.

Are you F*****G KIDDING ME.

Moved house over the weekend. New Council refuse to issue a parking permit as apparently we are in a low permit area.

In typical council fashion, I had no way of knowing that prior to moving in. As no matter what, they say to register for an account to check if you can get one. But, you have to have moved in to do that.

So like, what do you want me to do? SELL MY CAR?!

Councils are the most backwards 'organisations' (because what about them is organised) on this planet.
That's rough. Which council are you in? Any exemptions for EVs?