Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess @yfwt is that there are limited slots at Leeds and once they’re taken Manchester is used. I don’t know this, just seems a reasonable assumption given the lack of options I was given and then you not being able to pick up from Leeds
Request them to deliver it takes the hassle out of few things unless you are part exchanging vehicle.

Reactions: yfwt
Yes usually they use that number to text and most of your communication happens using that number from Tesla till they say congratulations on taking delivery. Enjoy your Tesla.
Ah brilliant - thanks, I am doing it through lease so they were confirming delivery to my address, however when I replied YES, nothing came back and got a reminder today, so replied YES again...still nothing - thought it might be automatic but wondering if someone needs to enter something in the system or pass over to a logistics company. Either way, assuming all goes to plan - the date for delivery is 24th. To say I am excited is an understatement :)

P
Ah brilliant - thanks, I am doing it through lease so they were confirming delivery to my address, however when I replied YES, nothing came back and got a reminder today, so replied YES again...still nothing - thought it might be automatic but wondering if someone needs to enter something in the system or pass over to a logistics company. Either way, assuming all goes to plan - the date for delivery is 24th. To say I am excited is an understatement :)
yes it is automatic. You don’t need to reply. They just update you regarding your delivery. It is one of the fantastic 21 st century modern car buying experience which I guess you don’t get it when you buy the traditional ICE cars. It was like buying something from Apple store or Amazon kind of experience..

Reactions: yfwt
I’m more than happy to pick up....it’s only 12 miles away. But if they move to Manchester for pick up, I will certainly ask for delivery
My guess @yfwt is that there are limited slots at Leeds and once they’re taken Manchester is used. I don’t know this, just seems a reasonable assumption given the lack of options I was given and then you not being able to pick up from Leeds
We’ll did you order before me maybe that’s why but I definitely selected Leeds but anyway I might be lucky let’s see, I see there’s the same spac model 3 available for “accelerated delivery” maybe they can just allocate me one of those? The saying “All good things comes to those who wait” is reigning my excitement right now 🙂🤞🏼

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
The same thing happened to me. I got a reply to the second text I sent confirming the delivery address. 13th May! I then got another text a day later regarding the Delivery Declaration that I need to return to activate the Tesla App. Can't wait!

Reactions: centrium
Ok so I managed to do some digging and my SR+ with VIN 235*** will be available for collection on 2nd June from Birmingham SC. This is coming in on a ship due to dock very shortly beforehand apparently. This means it's not aboard Glorious Leader but instead is sat dock-side currently waiting to load on to a ship (which must be happening in the next couple of days given it's approx 1 month from departure in China to arrival in the UK)?
Any chance you can confirm the first 8 characters of your VIN too?

The same thing happened to me. I got a reply to the second text I sent confirming the delivery address. 13th May! I then got another text a day later regarding the Delivery Declaration that I need to return to activate the Tesla App. Can't wait!
I’m still waiting on any reply but it’s bank holiday weekend I guess.

13th May, I imagine the excitement levels will be continuing to grow quite nicely for you now 😀

Reactions: yfwt and Tinca
I’m still waiting on any reply but it’s bank holiday weekend I guess.

13th May, I imagine the excitement levels will be continuing to grow quite nicely for you now 😀
This is an example of sequence of texts you may receive from Tesla. Just to keep you excited till your delivery date. And also to show the Tesla car buying experience is just like buying an Apple product and in such a contrast to buying an ICE car from a dinosaur dealers.

Tesla Update - We have allocated a license plate for your Model 3 with VIN LRXxxxxxxxxxx. Your license plate is: LBxxxxxx. Please note that we do not complete the process and register your car with the DVLA until the day of delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 will be delivered on xx/xx/xxxx to ADDRESS. As this will be a contactless experience, please view our Support Videos in advance Meet Your Tesla. An SMS with a tracking link will be shared once your car is collected by our carrier and is on the way to your address. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Deliveries take place between 8 AM and the end of the day. An SMS with your tracking link and delivery estimate will be sent once your car has been collected by our carrier and is on the way to you. Tesla app access will be granted up to 24 hours after you have received your car and signed your Delivery Declaration. As this will be a contactless experience, please view our support videos in advance: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Congratulations on taking delivery of your Model 3! You have reached the end of your delivery journey. Thank you for supporting our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. You can now use your Tesla App to control your car, schedule a service, and more. Visit our support pages to find out more: After Taking Delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Just for the information of anyone wondering what the order process is looking like right now.
  • 30 Apr: Used the chat and 'trade-in quotation' features on the Tesla website to ask some dumb questions. A helpful chap at Tesla UK called back to ask if I needed help with anything. He emailed later back some information, and a statement: 'I would expect the latest you would receive the vehicle would be early June'.
  • 1st May: I ordered a Model 3 AWD/LR Blue, 'from inventory', and paid the £100 deposit. No financing, no lease, no trade in. The site was showing 'Est. Delivery: June' for that vehicle from inventory (and its location was 'in transit')
  • 1st May: Automated email from Tesla arrived saying 'Thank You -Your Order is Confirmed' prompting me to go onto the site and enter further information (driving licence images, details of where I can take delivery etc.). The site updated to show 'Completed Tasks' including all these things and two attached documents: Booking Invoice and Order Agreement. The first of these includes VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx
  • 3rd May: The Next Steps tab on the order page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment".

Awaiting further developments with great excitement :)

Reactions: Tinca and yfwt
This is an example of sequence of texts you may receive from Tesla. Just to keep you excited till your delivery date. And also to show the Tesla car buying experience is just like buying an Apple product and in such a contrast to buying an ICE car from a dinosaur dealers.

Tesla Update - We have allocated a license plate for your Model 3 with VIN LRXxxxxxxxxxx. Your license plate is: LBxxxxxx. Please note that we do not complete the process and register your car with the DVLA until the day of delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 will be delivered on xx/xx/xxxx to ADDRESS. As this will be a contactless experience, please view our Support Videos in advance Meet Your Tesla. An SMS with a tracking link will be shared once your car is collected by our carrier and is on the way to your address. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Deliveries take place between 8 AM and the end of the day. An SMS with your tracking link and delivery estimate will be sent once your car has been collected by our carrier and is on the way to you. Tesla app access will be granted up to 24 hours after you have received your car and signed your Delivery Declaration. As this will be a contactless experience, please view our support videos in advance: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Tesla Update - Congratulations on taking delivery of your Model 3! You have reached the end of your delivery journey. Thank you for supporting our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. You can now use your Tesla App to control your car, schedule a service, and more. Visit our support pages to find out more: After Taking Delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Very similar to my experience so far, apart from the VIN and reg confirmation as mine is via a lease company.

• Love
Reactions: centrium
Very similar to my experience so far, apart from the VIN and reg confirmation as mine is via a lease company.
Tesla will let you know even if it is Through leasing company. In the mean time you can email the leasing company to get your VIN and reg. The leasing company usually include these details in the final agreement you sign with them. Just check those final agreement paper for VIN and reg number.

My experience so far:

• 9th April: Placed order. Black SR+. Black interior.
  • 10th April: Prepare for your Model 3 delivery email
  • 20th April: A car has been allocated. Your vehicle arrival is being calculated.
  • 25th April: Emailed DeliveryGB asking if they had an estimated date. Was told 'June'. They refuse to give a more accurate window.
Pretty frustrating the amount of information coming out of them. If a car has been allocated, then surely they can give a better estimate of delivery date other than June? No VIN etc yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: spdpsba and yfwt