Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest news from Tesla !!!!!!

M3P’s are defiantly scheduled on the last delivery of Q2.
He wouldn’t tell me the name of the ship that they would be on, however he did confirm the ship was due to arrive at Southampton on the 16th or 17th of June, then the delivery process would be started to individual customers. All Model 3 performance deliveries are coming from Shanghai.

Apologies if this should go in the leasing thread, but it feels like it might fit here... Lease company finally/apparently placed an order on 23rd April (a week and a half ago) but despite hammering the refresh button, there has been no update. Is it too early to try nagging the sales department at Tesla (I've been emailing a local adviser but, on this at least, I'm just getting an "our Enterprise team may still be processing the order" type of response)? The adviser did say that the LR has a "realistic" lead time of June (as per the website, last time I checked), but I might have expected an estimated delivery date by now. Or am I being hopelessly optimistic/naive?
Don't hold your breath if it's Lex Autolease.

Evening all, new here.
Ordered SR+ on 19th April, completed all my tasks etc. Spoken to Tesla agent in uk and been told mid June for delivery (still saying May in my account) but apparently its not been loaded on to a vessel yet so that's why I've not received a VIN. Does that sound about right? Thanks.

Evening all, new here.
Ordered SR+ on 19th April, completed all my tasks etc. Spoken to Tesla agent in uk and been told mid June for delivery (still saying May in my account) but apparently its not been loaded on to a vessel yet so that's why I've not received a VIN. Does that sound about right? Thanks.
Good evening, and welcome!

Yep, sounds about right.....

Apologies if this should go in the leasing thread, but it feels like it might fit here... Lease company finally/apparently placed an order on 23rd April (a week and a half ago) but despite hammering the refresh button, there has been no update. Is it too early to try nagging the sales department at Tesla (I've been emailing a local adviser but, on this at least, I'm just getting an "our Enterprise team may still be processing the order" type of response)? The adviser did say that the LR has a "realistic" lead time of June (as per the website, last time I checked), but I might have expected an estimated delivery date by now. Or am I being hopelessly optimistic/naive?
Was in a similar position. A flurry of activity once the order went through but nothing really concrete other than a rough date of mid may. That then changed to late May but until the delivery date was confirmed by Tesla I was scratching around for information. Only started getting information once leasing company authorised Tesla. It all comes good in the end but because your leasing there wont be much activity on your Tesla account.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Evening all, new here.
I’m about a week behind you on a similar order. I was told June and my account says May too. Mid June? 😣

I’m about a week behind you on a similar order. I was told June and my account says May too. Mid June? 😣
How random, I emailed the delivery team today - more frustrating when it shows your exact spec of what you've ordered (LR) on their online inventory? How does that work, wouldn't they want to fulfil existing customers orders first (give them the VIN, update their accounts) before putting them on the inventory? Very confused and slightly frustrated here... any one shred a light on their process?

How random, I emailed the delivery team today - more frustrating when it shows your exact spec of what you've ordered (LR) on their online inventory? How does that work, wouldn't they want to fulfil existing customers orders first (give them the VIN, update their accounts) before putting them on the inventory? Very confused and slightly frustrated here... any one shred a light on their process?
The inventory cars on the website are not actually in the UK - they're also on a boat from China. If you actually order one you'll get a delivery date of June. Basically the inventory cars right now are spare, unsold, cars that Tesla have shipped to the UK in expectation of sales, rather than every car from the factory being matched to an order.

It's Knowles Fleet, the NHS's salary sacrifice provider. Thankfully I am not holding my breath as I probably would already have expired (various people, I think at the NHS end, sat on our application for almost eight weeks, so we didn't exactly get off to a flying start...).

I' m in the same boat with NHS salary sacrifice. Ordered through GMP drivecare who used Lex Autolease, trust approved in June 2020 and still waiting for a car. Took 6 months for Lex to admit they didn't put the order in. So re ordered in December via Arnold Clark, alas M3P are delayed until June. So only a year wait..........

Will collect my M3LR on 19 May 2021 at Brent Cross. Looking at feedback in this and the 2020 thread, Brent Cross has not been used for many months - (it at all?), don't know what to expect there. Pleased with Brent Cross, as it is the easiest Tesla location for me to get to.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Tesla provide VIN and Reg number in the final invoice, but the Reg number is not registered by DVLA until after the car is collected. For me that means I must phone Direct Line to arrange insurance. I can get a quote online, then have to phone the Direct Line "Quote Accept telephony team". VIN is LRW3F7EB2MC218xxx.

I have asked for a GB number plate. Response was they will only supply a plain green stripe plate. They might supply GB plates later depending on demand. They suggest buying a GB sticker to stick onto the plate over the green stripe.

Will collect my M3LR on 19 May 2021 at Brent Cross. Looking at feedback in this and the 2020 thread, Brent Cross has not been used for many months - (it at all?), don't know what to expect there. Pleased with Brent Cross, as it is the easiest Tesla location for me to get to.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Tesla provide VIN and Reg number in the final invoice, but the Reg number is not registered by DVLA until after the car is collected. For me that means I must phone Direct Line to arrange insurance. I can get a quote online, then have to phone the Direct Line "Quote Accept telephony team". VIN is LRW3F7EB2MC218xxx.

I have asked for a GB number plate. Response was they will only supply a plain green stripe plate. They might supply GB plates later depending on demand. They suggest buying a GB sticker to stick onto the plate over the green stripe.
I see Tesla are still their usual helpful self (NOT)
You would not get such a response from almost any other vehicle manufacturer in the world, bad attitude IMHO grrrrr
How can such a good car be made by such an awful (with regard to how they treat the hand that feeds them) company?

Also awaiting my Reg number. I have received the Final Invoice on my Tesla Account and this confirms the VIN but no mention of a Reg number?

Quick to take your money, slow, or usually fail, to respond to anything else.
Sadly I quickly found out that Tesla are not a company you can deal with and trust as you should expect.
One day it will backfire on them I suspect

I ordered a M3 Performance in late January with estimated delivery in May. This has been officially put back today to mid/ late June. In the same email, Tesla confirmed that the next batch of Performance cars are about to be shipped from Shanghai and delivery is now estimated to be mid to late June. If anyone has any tips about taking delivery and what to watch out for it would be appreciated! Thanks Robin