Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the process of choosing a charging point whilst I wait for the order to move.. what you choose?
I went for the Ohme charger (quoted and installed by one of their recommended installers via the Ohme website) and switched to Octopus for electricity supply. I needed a SMETS2 meter installing and Octopus did it within 4 weeks of us switching. My plan is to move onto one of their smart tariffs, but unsure if Go or Agile is best at the moment.

Have a look on the relevant thread on this forum. Lots of advice from those more experienced than me!

Reactions: Puzuk
My experience so far:

• 9th April: Placed order. Black SR+. Black interior.
  • 10th April: Prepare for your Model 3 delivery email
  • 20th April: A car has been allocated. Your vehicle arrival is being calculated.
  • 25th April: Emailed DeliveryGB asking if they had an estimated date. Was told 'June'. They refuse to give a more accurate window.
Pretty frustrating the amount of information coming out of them. If a car has been allocated, then surely they can give a better estimate of delivery date other than June? No VIN etc yet.
This is more like my experience as well....

18th March - Place order, get told I've missed the grant (Red LR, black interior).
10th April - Note that Tesla have dropped prices, but they won't adjust to match, so I have to cancel and re-do my order, losing £100 deposit.
23rd April - A car has been allocated, we will be in touch shortly.
28th April - Email and ask delivery team if they can give a better estimate, receive generic "June" reply, despite a car being allocated. No VIN. I'm wondering if at this stage if my "allocated" car is actually still in Shanghai and not on the ship arriving Southampton in 2 days time.

Sounds like my process has been pretty good:

17th April - Test drive and ordered Inventory car, Model 3 LR in White
19th April - Received 2 x texts, congrats and my account is complete, checked the documents on my account and it showed the VIN
26th April - Rang Tesla to be told car was on the water and will be ready late May
30th April - Model 3 ready to be scheduled for delivery.
Logged on to account and found delivery changed from Leeds to Manchester so booked for the 21st May.

Sounds like my process has been pretty good:

17th April - Test drive and ordered Inventory car, Model 3 LR in White
19th April - Received 2 x texts, congrats and my account is complete, checked the documents on my account and it showed the VIN
26th April - Rang Tesla to be told car was on the water and will be ready late May
30th April - Model 3 ready to be scheduled for delivery.
Logged on to account and found delivery changed from Leeds to Manchester so booked for the 21st May.
From order to turn around in 4-5 weeks I'd be ecstatic ;-)

Reactions: jontymo and yfwt
10 April - Ordered M3LR (Est. delivery June)
12 April - Completed all account/purchase requirements (Est. delivery June)
13 April - Text received confirming allocation of car (Est. delivery June)
...keeps checking account for progress (Est. delivery June)
29 April - Text received to schedule delivery date. Arranged for 25 May (B'ham NEC)
01 May - Chased up VIN/allocated registration, just for the hell of it
02 May - Insurance quotes sorted (best time 3 weeks ahead of policy start date). Churchill/Direct Line pretty similar
03 May - Text received confirming VIN (not stated in Tesla account though)
...anticipation continues

10 April - Ordered M3LR (Est. delivery June)
12 April - Completed all account/purchase requirements (Est. delivery June)
13 April - Text received confirming allocation of car (Est. delivery June)
...keeps checking account for progress (Est. delivery June)
29 April - Text received to schedule delivery date. Arranged for 25 May (B'ham NEC)
01 May - Chased up VIN/allocated registration, just for the hell of it
02 May - Insurance quotes sorted (best time 3 weeks ahead of policy start date). Churchill/Direct Line pretty similar
03 May - Text received confirming VIN (not stated in Tesla account though)
...anticipation continues
So we ordered the same day and you've got a date and I don't :( Noooo! I'm hoping for movement in the next week or so, and if that doesn't happen I'm going to resign myself to June and sulk.

My experience so far:

• 9th April: Placed order. Black SR+. Black interior.
  • 10th April: Prepare for your Model 3 delivery email
  • 20th April: A car has been allocated. Your vehicle arrival is being calculated.
  • 25th April: Emailed DeliveryGB asking if they had an estimated date. Was told 'June'. They refuse to give a more accurate window.
Pretty frustrating the amount of information coming out of them. If a car has been allocated, then surely they can give a better estimate of delivery date other than June? No VIN etc yet.
If you think that's bad, try ordering an M3P last year and still waiting for any proper update 6 months later...

So we ordered the same day and you've got a date and I don't :( Noooo! I'm hoping for movement in the next week or so, and if that doesn't happen I'm going to resign myself to June and sulk.
There doesn’t seem to be any straight forward logic to vehicle assignments based on ordering dates alone. Maybe mine was previously allocated to someone else who decided to delay delivery, hence I’m next on the list? Really don’t know, as long as it’s new and the latest trim. Hope you receive positive news soon.

I went for the Ohme charger (quoted and installed by one of their recommended installers via the Ohme website) and switched to Octopus for electricity supply. I needed a SMETS2 meter installing and Octopus did it within 4 weeks of us switching. My plan is to move onto one of their smart tariffs, but unsure if Go or Agile is best at the moment.

Have a look on the relevant thread on this forum. Lots of advice from those more experienced than me!
That looks a smart charger, the electrician I have recommended the Sync EV charger, or Zappi. I've opted for the Zappi, just waiting for confirmation of a date to get installed now.

Reactions: Tinca
My experience so far:

- 11th March - Ordered a Performance. Estimated delivery: May.
- 12th of March - Paid everything including the deposit for the PCH. Estimated delivery: May.
- Silence... Estimated Delivery: May
- 4th of May - Chatted with a Tesla rep that informed me that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet, and that they expect my order to be delivered in MID-END OF JUNE: Estimated delivery on the order: still May

A part the frustration of not knowing anything about the process, I actually booked a travel to my hometown in Italy for the end of June as due to Covid I couldn't go since last year. Now should I cancel the trip ? No ways to have a more precise date.

When I ordered my previous Audi S5, for more than $10K less, I had a preise update on the Audi App showing all the stages of the car manufacturing and shipping, so I knew using the App when it had been shipped to the UK and I actually informed the dealership about that to arrange the collection.

I love what Tesla is doing in terms of pushing the market, and I love the fact that they almost single handedly change the paradigm around cars updates. but there is A LOT of work to do in many other aspects. They are light years behind many car producers in many many aspects, and I hope they'll get better in time.
In essence I can understand, but I can't condone, as we're not talking about a phone here, we're talking about something that is worth north of £60K, in the range of "very serious cars" !

Reactions: asianwolf
My experience so far:

- 11th March - Ordered a Performance. Estimated delivery: May.
- 12th of March - Paid everything including the deposit for the PCH. Estimated delivery: May.
- Silence... Estimated Delivery: May
- 4th of May - Chatted with a Tesla rep that informed me that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet, and that they expect my order to be delivered in MID-END OF JUNE: Estimated delivery on the order: still May

A part the frustration of not knowing anything about the process, I actually booked a travel to my hometown in Italy for the end of June as due to Covid I couldn't go since last year. Now should I cancel the trip ? No ways to have a more precise date.

When I ordered my previous Audi S5, for more than $10K less, I had a preise update on the Audi App showing all the stages of the car manufacturing and shipping, so I knew using the App when it had been shipped to the UK and I actually informed the dealership about that to arrange the collection.

I love what Tesla is doing in terms of pushing the market, and I love the fact that they almost single handedly change the paradigm around cars updates. but there is A LOT of work to do in many other aspects. They are light years behind many car producers in many many aspects, and I hope they'll get better in time.
In essence I can understand, but I can't condone, as we're not talking about a phone here, we're talking about something that is worth north of £60K, in the range of "very serious cars" !
If its in any comfort... same here:
Ordered on 4th March - paid deposit, expected delivery March
Nothing new until now. Tesla sales only state "any moment" now... Oh and they don't see my car on any of the pending boats (Glovis Cosmos & Lake Fuxian).

I am seriusly thinking about canceling my order and blowing everything to pieces concerning the open order. The last deadline I have set myself is the end of May. If nothing is new (VIN or any formal update), I will cancel the order.

Spoke to Tesla and got a more useful answer this time round. My M3LR is definitely not on Glorious Leader due in to Southampton tomorrow, but the car has been built and is on route to the UK. They are expecting it in to the UK on the 1st June, so my delivery date will be around mid-late June. It sounds like this might also be the ship with the M3Ps onboard...namely Glovis Sun or Prime Ace, currently on approach to Singapore.

Apologies if this should go in the leasing thread, but it feels like it might fit here... Lease company finally/apparently placed an order on 23rd April (a week and a half ago) but despite hammering the refresh button, there has been no update. Is it too early to try nagging the sales department at Tesla (I've been emailing a local adviser but, on this at least, I'm just getting an "our Enterprise team may still be processing the order" type of response)? The adviser did say that the LR has a "realistic" lead time of June (as per the website, last time I checked), but I might have expected an estimated delivery date by now. Or am I being hopelessly optimistic/naive?

As said in the post above, it looks like the next batch of LR/P cars due in to the UK will be arriving on the 1st June - so the website is pretty realistic right now. They're on the boat, getting in to Singapore tomorrow and then onwards. I wouldn't expect an update for a few weeks at this point to be honest. I ordered on the 10th April, have a car allocated, but haven't progressed as far as a VIN or delivery date.

More on the insurance increase from quotes in Q1 2021.

I have just tried a Direct Line quote with a low annual mileage (5,000), and price is similar to the other quotes (Churchill etc) I was given in Q1 2021. If I put in mileage of over 10,000, the Direct Line quote is roughly the same level as Churchill is quoting now.

If you know you will do a low mileage, say around 5000-6000, you might save about 40% with Direct Line. If you expect to do more mileage - say 10,000-15,000, now that Covid restrictions are lifting, then Direct Line is similar to Churchill, Bell etc.

Insurance companies are now quoting assuming typical annual mileages will get back to pre-Covid levels.

Updating my earlier post - for the information of anyone wondering what the order process is looking like right now.
  • 30 Apr: Used the chat and 'trade-in quotation' features on the Tesla website to ask some dumb questions. A helpful chap at Tesla UK called back to ask if I needed help with anything. He emailed later back some information, and a statement: 'I would expect the latest you would receive the vehicle would be early June'.
  • 1st May: I ordered a Model 3 AWD/LR Blue, 'from inventory', and paid the £100 deposit. No financing, no lease, no trade in. The site was showing 'Est. Delivery: June' for that vehicle from inventory (and its location was 'in transit')
  • 1st May: Automated email from Tesla arrived saying 'Thank You -Your Order is Confirmed' prompting me to go onto the site and enter further information (driving licence images, details of where I can take delivery etc.). The site updated to show 'Completed Tasks' including all these things and two attached documents: Booking Invoice and Order Agreement. The first of these includes VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx
  • 3rd May: The Next Steps tab on the order page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"
  • 4th May: Received two SMS messages, the first saying "Congratulations on ordering ... " and the second saying "Your Tesla Account is now complete and we will contact you once ..."
  • 5th May: Emailed the helpful chap at Tesla UK, who responded with "It is currently on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June"
Still awaiting further developments with great excitement (and with a focus on the middle of June) :)