Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks sir. Hope you get yours very soon!

I contacted DeliveryGB as I had never received any texts from Tesla. He checked, fixed and suddenly I got my original order text which I never received and the golden text of a pick a delivery text. So advise checking to anyone just in case!
Funny you should say that I rang a few weeks ago and they said they had sent a allocation car text but I never received it apparently my number was working but I entered it correctly! I've had one text since about my account being completed.

Reactions: yfwt
Funny you should say that I rang a few weeks ago and they said they had sent a allocation car text but I never received it apparently my number was working but I entered it correctly! I've had one text since about my account being completed.
So you may have missed an allocated car? Oh man. They should have sent an email. They only give you one day for choosing a delivery slot so they kinda rush you.
In regard to the email I still reckon it’s because I put the 077 in the mobile number rather than the 77 as they prefix it with +44. I bet it doesn’t validate and it got stored as +44077 which probably broke the system. I checked my account a while back and it was correct there but I bet their sms system says different.

I ordered a LRM3 (+ White Interior) on Saturday from inventory after my test drive (VIN is LRW3F7EBXMC236***). I think I got very lucky with the timing as I received a text today from Tesla to schedule a delivery spot for next week. I went for the a morning delivery slot on May 19th (at Bluewater), so hopefully it all goes ahead and no changes occur between now and then!

So you may have missed an allocated car? Oh man. They should have sent an email. They only give you one day for choosing a delivery slot so they kinda rush you.
In regard to the email I still reckon it’s because I put the 077 in the mobile number rather than the 77 as they prefix it with +44. I bet it doesn’t validate and it got stored as +44077 which probably broke the system. I checked my account a while back and it was correct there but I bet their sms system says different.
No I still got the allocation of the car and they have corrected the number on their end so hopefully I'll get that delivery text soon but I think I will still ring for updates.

Reactions: Puzuk
I got a confirmation today that my delivery was scheduled for 21. May... :D So far - so good. Now I just need to wait for the registration to complete - and I can get then my insurance sorted. How long did you guys wait until you got your registration plate number? I would need it for insurance.
Make sure you get your quotes for that day saved now, so the price doesn't go up. Then once you're sure you're picking it up you can use the vehicle VIN until you pick the car up and know the reg. They don't normally put on the registration plate till the day – because so many people don't turn on time or delay the transfer of it because of finance falling through etc etc.

Make sure you get your quotes for that day saved now, so the price doesn't go up. Then once you're sure you're picking it up you can use the vehicle VIN until you pick the car up and know the reg. They don't normally put on the registration plate till the day – because so many people don't turn on time or delay the transfer of it because of finance falling through etc etc.
Presumably you can't tax it either till you pick up the car?

Reactions: Turntable666
Interesting info there, am going to stay with my existing insurer until cover period finishes if I only know the reg plate on the day am going to expect fun and games on the day seeing if my insurer has the vehicle details of the car am collecting on the system and paying the extra! Wish me luck! But then again I’ve got a month to wait so I’ll see how the others on here who are collecting before (lucky people!) how it pans out on their big day!

You do not need to know the registration or the VIN to put insurance provisional quote in place for a car well ahead of pickup. The only thing that reg no and/or VIN does is help an insurer identify the specification of a vehicle. Its just a quick way, it can be entered manually and the latter is sometimes needed anyway as there may need to be options, wheels, tow, FSD etc declared to the insurer which a VIN or reg no lookup would not even be aware of.

Once reg number and collection date/time is known, then the provisional quote is then firmed up with the insurer and any premium adjustment paid - this premium will have been calculated at time of provisional quote, less any small pro-rate time adjustment. This is often best to do this over the phone or via online chat as by that point, the car will probably not be registered so insurers online car checks will not pick up the car anyway. A human the other end of the chat/phone will know exactly what is needed and allow you to clarify any uncertainties such as exactly when insurance starts/transfers etc.

Reactions: yfwt and Puzuk
I ordered a LRM3 (+ White Interior) on Saturday from inventory after my test drive (VIN is LRW3F7EBXMC236***). I think I got very lucky with the timing as I received a text today from Tesla to schedule a delivery spot for next week. I went for the a morning delivery slot on May 19th (at Bluewater), so hopefully it all goes ahead and no changes occur between now and then!
Interesting. Have you checked what battery the car will have or what the manufacturing date is? You can request the Certificate of Conformity which should have both pieces of information.