Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put the order in for a LR 3 last week through my companies lease scheme. Took a while (6 days) for lease company and employer to sort the paperwork out but today I received my text from Tesla with my RN number. So my order is now in. Now the long (long long) wait begins 🤣
I tried to get my employer to do a salary sacrifice scheme over a year ago but I'm guessing they didn't think it was worth it. Won't you be called a traitor for working in the oil & gas industry and driving an EV :D

I tried to get my employer to do a salary sacrifice scheme over a year ago but I'm guessing they didn't think it was worth it. Won't you be called a traitor for working in the oil & gas industry and driving an EV :D
I've got the dinosaur juice 200 to keep them in business with. Also, they are getting 2 charging points installed in the car park at our site and 24 of them installed at their new head office. Would be rude not to use them when they've went to the expense of fitting them.

Had an e-Mail from Tesla reminding me to fill in my trade in details, which I haven’t done yet as the settlement letter will have expired by the time I get the car, I’ll do that next month and it hopefully won’t hold anything up.

Interesting at the bottom of the email it did say estimated delivery between 17thAugust-2nd September so that ties in with what advisor says, also got a text saying a car is allocated to me but as it was an inventory car that makes sense.

Had an e-Mail from Tesla reminding me to fill in my trade in details, which I haven’t done yet as the settlement letter will have expired by the time I get the car, I’ll do that next month and it hopefully won’t hold anything up.

Interesting at the bottom of the email it did say estimated delivery between 17thAugust-2nd September so that ties in with what advisor says, also got a text saying a car is allocated to me but as it was an inventory car that makes sense.
Surely if you placed an order for an inventory car, you’d get it soon? Was it one of the cars showing as “In transit”? If so, I was under the impression those were up by mistake. Once a car is assigned to you, you will get a VIN number.

I've just ordered a M3 SR on my company's salary sacrifice scheme and been told by them November delivery, which I'm fine with. Having visited my local Tesla showroom at the weekend for a test drive, the sales rep told me that if I pay them £100 they could have the car delivered in 6 weeks? Reading some of the posts in this forum about waiting times makes me a little suspicious of this claim, has anyone heard anything similar?
My experience with Tesla is that the things they told me prior to order (verbally) we’re not true after I had taken delivery. They then refused to acknowledge their error and refused to rectify that error. Consequently, I do not trust Tesla, I do not believe anything they say.
What you are describing sounds like a bribe.
Other than pay a deposit, why would they ask you to pay them £100 to deliver a car in 6 weeks? This is a significant value vehicle purchase and your story sounds like the way fish is sold at Billingsgate Market. Give them £100? They must think you are mad (or gullible)😂

My experience with Tesla is that the things they told me prior to order (verbally) we’re not true after I had taken delivery. They then refused to acknowledge their error and refused to rectify that error. Consequently, I do not trust Tesla, I do not believe anything they say.
Other than pay a deposit, why would they ask you to pay them £100 to deliver a car in 6 weeks? This is a significant value vehicle purchase and your story sounds like the way fish is sold at Billingsgate Market. Give them £100? They must think you are mad (or gullible)😂
Inventory cars have a £100 delivery free, or at least the in transit ones do

Surely if you placed an order for an inventory car, you’d get it soon? Was it one of the cars showing as “In transit”? If so, I was under the impression those were up by mistake. Once a car is assigned to you, you will get a VIN number.
Yeah it was one of the inventory cars that was in transit. I have a VIN showing in my booking invoice online. So my guess is it’s on a boat somewhere. Advisor was quite adamant though it would be ready for new registration on 1st September.

She said the £100 was an admin fee but was refundable on delivery of the car, bit strange.

Ordered my Model 3 LR through company salary sacrifice scheme end of May and given an estimated delivery date early July. Just got an update on Friday that delivery has now jumped to mid September ! Is this usual ? Anyone else had a similar experience ?

Ordered my Model 3 LR through company salary sacrifice scheme end of May and given an estimated delivery date early July. Just got an update on Friday that delivery has now jumped to mid September ! Is this usual ? Anyone else had a similar experience ?
Who did the update come from? Did you get an RN number in May? Even if you missed out on the April-June quarter's quota you should have been one of the first inline for this quarter so I'd expect late August rather than mid September (unless the lease company has deliberately requested the order was delayed so it gets a 71 plate registration).

My lease company asked that I update them on delivery date once they placed the order as communication is direct between Tesla and the person they deliver to. I guess it may be different for different lease companies though.

Who did the update come from? Did you get an RN number in May? Even if you missed out on the April-June quarter's quota you should have been one of the first inline for this quarter so I'd expect late August rather than mid September (unless the lease company has deliberately requested the order was delayed so it gets a 71 plate registration).

My lease company asked that I update them on delivery date once they placed the order as communication is direct between Tesla and the person they deliver to. I guess it may be different for different lease companies though.
Got an RN number directly from tesla by text on the 2nd June, but heard nothing from them since. Sent in a query to the lease company last Monday and was told delivery had moved from early July to late July, then another update on Friday saying mid September ! Not best pleased. But before I go into battle trying to work out if it is a tesla problem or lease problem. Lease company currently blaming tesla........