Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because you would have to sign for it. Let's say you get home and all the wheels are scuffed? Good luck trying to claim that it was "like that when you got home".

A bit like Royal Mail won't leave a special delivery parcel on your doorstep, you need to collect from the post office, or be able to sign for it.

Its just a company lease so I'm not too fussed :)

So I can get my mrs to sign for for it, but they won't do a 'dead drop' with no-one there?

I've made up my mind no matter what happens I'm still going to jump on a Q4 car...I'm fed up guessing what Tesla are going to do...with them it's like buying a lottery scratchcard, you just don't know what the numbers are going to be inside...anyway, this is just an interim car until they release the Model Y 7 seater as this is the car I'm really waiting for 😎
Totally agree. I got fed up waiting for the S which I ordered in Jan so whatever spec LR I get will be fine for now 🤷‍♂️

Well, if you have a pcp then you need to sign paper work. You also need to sign off on the handover.

Really depends what sort of purchase it is.

Its a company lease, so all finance is complete
Best to talk to Tesla, we’re not the logistics team. Company lease may well be different but doubt your company would be happy to have a £45,000 car that hasn’t been signed off on.
its a £50 odd k car..... Apparently!

With other company cars, they just drop them off, I'm just hoping they can do it in the same no faff way.

Morning all, I just logged into Chrome this morning as usual having not checked for my VIN yesterday... and there it was! I'm sure it wasn't there on Sunday. :) :)

"LRW3FJFA6MC......."

I've not had a text from Tesla so was planning to call them soon but I guess I just need to wait to book delivery now.

Does anyone have the link that was posted here last week that allowed you to book your appointment even if you'd not had a text yet?

My order:
SR+ White/Black interior / standard wheels etc.
Ordered 11/10

Reactions: OddityError
Morning all, I just logged into Chrome this morning as usual having not checked for my VIN yesterday... and there it was! I'm sure it wasn't there on Sunday. :) :)

"LRW3FJFA6MC......."

I've not had a text from Tesla so was planning to call them soon but I guess I just need to wait to book delivery now.

Does anyone have the link that was posted here last week that allowed you to book your appointment even if you'd not had a text yet?

My order:
Oh, ditto! I think I found my VIN this morning too, wasn't there yesterday. 😊

Reactions: Cstandinguk
So I've ordered a SR+ white/black waiting for VIN. Let's imagine that it does have the larger battery but is software locked for range to 278 miles. But it should also have the faster acceleration 5.3 vs 5.8. I don't see how that is possible if its the weight of the battery + motor type which limits the acceratoin in the new model 3 configuration????

It would be a pain to cancel mine now and reorder and, I don't care about the range increase or acceleration loss, but residuals would be impacted.

"LRW3FJFA6MC......."

My order:
Ordered 11/10

I ordered by SR+ Blue with black interior & standard wheels on the 02/10, but my VIN isn't showing yet. Hopefully it will drop today.

Reactions: Cstandinguk
Hmmmm

This small little flurry of vins is a bit of a mystery. You guys deffo didnt pick up one of those cars from the inventory yesterday? Doesnt make sense for it to be this early.

Do you mind just highlighting your specs please. Cstanding and Scout.

Hmmmm

This small little flurry of vins is a bit of a mystery. You guys deffo didnt pick up one of those cars from the inventory yesterday? Doesnt make sense for it to be this early.

Hi, my spec is in my signature below. I can’t be 100% certain the VIN wasn’t there yesterday, I’m now starting to wonder if I was looking properly before this morning. 😂

Hmmmm

Yep I ordered 11/10. White / Black interior. SR+. Standard wheels etc. I did have to check 3 times to make sure I wasn't imagining it :)

How do I check what boat it might be on?

Reactions: OddityError
Hi all,

My VIN popped up this morning in the source code. For reference I ordered a black LR with sport wheels and black interior. I didn't try to order an inventory one because I didn't want to lose my 1 year premium connectivity.

Good luck to the people without a VIN yet!