Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed on 2022.28.2 that you don't see supercharges when you are navigating to a destination. I liked seeing how many superchargers where in use too!

Also you get some information if the weather is bad.
View attachment 858481
You only see the superchargers that you have to use to navigate to your final destination, they are not listed in your screenshot as you dont need to use any on this short journey as you have enough power for the trip. Insert a trip to Edinburgh and you will see them listed then.

To just display all superchargers touch the bottom button on the top left vertical series on the map screen

I find Autopilot acceleration way too strong in standstill traffic.
This is probably my biggest complaint with autopilot.. when you get to standstill motorway traffic it's not great. I've been changing the max speed down to 5 or 10mph and that seems to make it ever so slightly smoother.. then just roll the wheel to increase as traffic eases. Will have to try setting distance further too (I'm currently on 4)

Reactions: pow216 and nufan
I have 2022.28.2 but only owned the car a week so little historical context. I drove home at 8pm last night mix of A and local roads. Headlight response was fine re. oncoming traffic but I did notice main beams on along well lit main roads which seems unnecessary.

I have a question re. the new included 28.x games and controllers. Has anyone successfully used a USD hub in the glovebox to run both a gaming controller and the supplied thumb drive for Dashcam? I checked some old threads but most mentioned US accessories and then descended into folk removing internal fittings and jamming in new aftermarket USB hardware 🤷‍♂️. Thats not for me....
Yes, I have a simple USB hub in the glovebox and works fine for a controller and usb stick for sentry mode.

I updated to 28.2 from 28.1 whilst on holiday on Friday. On returning home yesterday evening, approaching my house it said it’s on the left, and there it was on the left. It’s never done that in 2 years of ownership as it has always said it‘s on the right. Approaching it from the other direction has always been wrong as well.

I tried it again today but from the other direction, and it got it right again.

I updated to 28.2 from 28.1 whilst on holiday on Friday. On returning home yesterday evening, approaching my house it said it’s on the left, and there it was on the left. It’s never done that in 2 years of ownership as it has always said it‘s on the right. Approaching it from the other direction has always been wrong as well.

That reminds me, I've never understood why any sat nav provides navigation right to the front door of your house, as if I've never been there before. I should be able to tell it to stop instructions at a defined distance when heading to home.

It was right when it said it was left, but when it said it was right, it wasn’t?

I can only think you’ve moved :)

I always thought these issues were mapping issues, maybe it was software and Tesla have written a big L and R on the front wheels on the last update to help!!

Seriously, it does feel a few niggles are being addressed, not before time so credit where credits due.

Reactions: Stuart1714
The satnav pretty much always says 'your destination is on the left' when it's on the right and vice-versa.
Maybe a fix to that will fix the exit counting on roundabouts..

I haven't navigated all the way home in ages - always cancel the navigation when I get to familiar areas, so don't know if they changed it on mine - I'd put it down to dodgy mapping too.

I have no idea what approaching the house and it (what is “it”, the car? the app? the house?) saying it’s on the left instead of the right means.
It was the voice on the Tesla sat nav, arriving home it used to incorrectly say “the destination is on your right”, which it wasn’t but now it correctly says “the destination is on your left”.

I’ve seen posts in the past with other people noticing the same thing.

Reactions: Durzel
I've done 600-700 miles on 28.2 over the past week, mixture of day and night driving in clear weather and rain. It's actually really good. Not a single phantom brake event, but it did twice try and take me off at an exit instead of keeping to the left hand lane. The auto wipers worked well and AHB is still a work in progress, but it did dip when it should have done. My main complaint is that it takes around 5 seconds to go back to high beam after a car has passed.

I've done 600-700 miles on 28.2 over the past week, mixture of day and night driving in clear weather and rain. It's actually really good. Not a single phantom brake event, but it did twice try and take me off at an exit instead of keeping to the left hand lane. The auto wipers worked well and AHB is still a work in progress, but it did dip when it should have done. My main complaint is that it takes around 5 seconds to go back to high beam after a car has passed.
I can't understand how the car can't stay in lane when passing a exit, Surprised it hasn't caused an accident yet because of it.
Maybe it's been trained to be like humans without any form of common sense, since the sat nav isn't showing a lane change or exit to be taken.
Passing cones, it wants to move into the next lane, with a concrete barrier instead of cones it's fine.