Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024.2.3 downloading here too
@AnthonyLR you too?

Evidently the app will now remind to plug in at home when half full or less
A feature that nobody asked for. Meanwhile, setting "arrive with xx% charge" and speed limiter not in scope.
Not really complaining but I do wonder where the priority list is?
I got excited for a moment and eagerly awaited adaptive matrix headlights but then my reality gene kicked in and I self flagellated for a few minutes and reset my expectations. 🤪

Evidently the app will now remind to plug in at home when half full or less
Half of what you have your charge limit set to. So if you have it set to charge to 60%, it won't remind you unless you are below 30%.

A feature that nobody asked for. Meanwhile, setting "arrive with xx% charge" and speed limiter not in scope.
I have seen a number of people ask for a reminder to plug in feature. So that is one more feature delivered, but I can certainly see where the arrive with x% would be a good feature for them to add as well.

Reactions: MB11
One of the users was complaining about phantom breaking whilst using autopilot and he said he wished there was a way where you could just turn off TACC and use autopilot for steering.

My suggestion was to turn autopilot on and set the speed to 30 mph. You can then override the speed by driving with your foot on the accelerator. The car will then accelerate to any speed you like and you will never suffer from phantom breaking. If you take your foot off the accelerator, the car will slow down as normal to a minimum speed of 30 mph.

I do something similar at times for short periods (without setting 30 mph), I just keep my foot on the accelerator as I’m passing a line of traffic. That way I know I can get past the traffic without the car slamming on the anchors at 70mph in the fast lane.
Yes, I think that’s a technique many of us have used… overriding the cruise aspect by keeping light pressure on the pedal. ( I think you maybe combined your comments with those you had made in another thread rather than this one but I understand this idea. )

Half of what you have your charge limit set to. So if you have it set to charge to 60%, it won't remind you unless you are below 30%.

I have seen a number of people ask for a reminder to plug in feature. So that is one more feature delivered, but I can certainly see where the arrive with x% would be a good feature for them to add as well.
So I’d be careful what you wish for. My Eletre has an arrive with no less than x% option in its Sat Nav. It doesn’t treat home any differently and gets in a proper tis if you are going to get home with less, constantly insisting you head off to the nearest charger to charge. I’m sure it could be a good feature, just needs to be used in moderation and to ignore your home if the cars worked out you often charge at that location.

Yes.

At least two instances of the AP computer crashing.

Not sure if it's related to me losing the repeater cameras when changing lanes.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's related, given it doesn't appear that the repeater issue is an issue being reported by others.

Remember that there are two autopilot computer nodes - essentially two independent autopilot computers on the same board. The original idea was to run identical software on both nodes to provide redundancy - which would be needed for level 3 autonomy and higher, to ensure the car can continue safely if one AP node fails whilst AP is driving. However, the current software doesn't work that way - it runs different neural nets on each node. When an AP computer node crashes, the particular behviour you see will depend on which node crashed and very probably on the software version you are running. You sometimes get odd behaviour where some features work and others don't. e.g. you might find that some visualisations are present, and others aren't (e.g. can see other cars but not road markings).

You need to note times and dates of a few AP computer crashes and then raise a service request in the app. They can look at the logs and decide if they need to escalate it to engineering for further investigation. In my case I ultimately needed a new car computer. I should warn you that they had my car for about a week all in, including diagnosis, replacement and then getting the software installed and working properly on the new car computer.

EDIT: OTOH, may well be worth waiting for a few weeks to see if it's a software glitch which is fixed by 2024.6 or 2024.8 or whatever comes next.

roy

Last edited:

Just posted a thread commenting on the low state at arrival, then read this. At least it’s not just me😀. It would be really useful to suggest an arrival % when on a trip to an unfamiliar location.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's related, given it doesn't appear that the repeater issue is an issue being reported by others.

Remember that there are two autopilot computer nodes - essentially two independent autopilot computers on the same board. The original idea was to run identical software on both nodes to provide redundancy - which would be needed for level 3 autonomy and higher, to ensure the car can continue safely if one AP node fails whilst AP is driving. However, the current software doesn't work that way - it runs different neural nets on each node. When an AP computer node crashes, the particular behviour you see will depend on which node crashed and very probably on the software version you are running. You sometimes get odd behaviour where some features work and others don't. e.g. you might find that some visualisations are present, and others aren't (e.g. can see other cars but not road markings).

You need to note times and dates of a few AP computer crashes and then raise a service request in the app. They can look at the logs and decide if they need to escalate it to engineering for further investigation. In my case I ultimately needed a new car computer. I should warn you that they had my car for about a week all in, including diagnosis, replacement and then getting the software installed and working properly on the new car computer.

EDIT: OTOH, may well be worth waiting for a few weeks to see if it's a software glitch which is fixed by 2024.6 or 2024.8 or whatever comes next.

roy
Yes they gave up on the redudancy as they needed the extra compute power of the second AP chip at least on HW3. I suspect though they’ll do the same on HW4 also.

Just posted a thread commenting on the low state at arrival, then read this. At least it’s not just me😀. It would be really useful to suggest an arrival % when on a trip to an unfamiliar location.
If you set the navigation to that location that is one of things that it already does. What might be useful is to set an arrival % power remaining. That is what I work out using ABRP when it is important.

Yes.

At least two instances of the AP computer crashing.

Not sure if it's related to me losing the repeater cameras when changing lanes.
I had the AP computer crashing. Tesla carried out remote diagnosis and found the computer was overheating and crashing. They popped round and found the coolant levels were low. They topped this up and flushed the coolant system to remove any bubbles. It’s worth setting up a SR.

My symptoms were lack of FSD visuals, blank cameras, map occasionally not updating, sentry mode unavailable.

Sorry if been answered already, I use basic AP quite alot on motorway drives, but I also like to use traffic aware cruise too. I tried out the sinfle pull for AP option but then couldn't work out how to enable only cruise. Am I missing something or do you just lose that feature if enabling single pull AP?