Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app has an interesting software version number:
95D1AF51-6A4A-4CEF-9912-D8ABF8A1E58D.jpeg

Drove the car for the first time since getting .25 (and then .30 without it having moved) and I have to say I don’t really know what the fuss is about with the UI.

I found the offset speedo easier to use than previously, somehow, like it was more prominent in my eye line. I sortof wish it was bold - but that’s a minor gripe.

The visualisation part of the screen could do with being maybe 10-20% smaller horizontally, but it’s not as bad as I was expecting it to be from the criticism.

Drove the car for the first time since getting .25 (and then .30 without it having moved) and I have to say I don’t really know what the fuss is about with the UI.

I found the offset speedo easier to use than previously, somehow, like it was more prominent in my eye line. I sortof wish it was bold - but that’s a minor gripe.

The visualisation part of the screen could do with being maybe 10-20% smaller horizontally, but it’s not as bad as I was expecting it to be from the criticism.
You've clearly not inspected it properly, if you look hard enough you'll notice the font is about 0.1mm too small in some places, disaster. I'm selling mine on the strength of it and buying one of them shite VWs that's just as expensive, half as fast, looks terrible and has no charging network.

You've clearly not inspected it properly, if you look hard enough you'll notice the font is about 0.1mm too small in some places, disaster. I'm selling mine on the strength of it and buying one of them shite VWs that's just as expensive, half as fast, looks terrible and has no charging network.
And my wheels in the visualisation are too silver. It’s a catastrophe!!

I'm on 2020.48.30 and it crashed twice within an hour last night.

While parked, youtube would not close so could not exit the app... reboot one.... daughter was playing Stardew Valley and game also crashed needing a further reset... reboot two

Maybe anecdotal, but it has been super reliable up to now.. so not sure if this is linked to the current update or just one of those random days....

I don't mind the interface but I've only had the car a few weeks so not really got used to the old one. One thing I have noticed since the update is the car seems to go into 6 hour sleep/online cycles since I've left it parked over the festivities. Is this normal? I didn't see this pre 48.30, but again only had the car a short time. I changed my password so the only thing using it other than the tesla app (also re-installed) is Teslamate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 11.15.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 11.15.16.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 42
I'm on 2020.48.30 and it crashed twice within an hour last night.

While parked, youtube would not close so could not exit the app... reboot one.... daughter was playing Stardew Valley and game also crashed needing a further reset... reboot two

Maybe anecdotal, but it has been super reliable up to now.. so not sure if this is linked to the current update or just one of those random days....

I hope they'd fixed the crashing.. that's rather poor, they're normally better than that. Sure they release things half finished or with questionable design choices, but it's never been unstable before.