Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🐶
I can see that it doesn't bother you and you're prepared to trust Tesla, and that's fine. Personally, I wouldnt trust Tesla if it promised to feed my goldfish when I went on holiday. This is a company that says it's got a parking solution coming instead of USS but instead is going to leave new cars without a parking solution while it polishes up whatever turd it's going to fit. Remember this is a company that cant make wipers that work in spray and really thinks that a new range graph with 5 point font off-axis on the other side of the car is helpful, not unreadably useless. It's a company that refuses to adopt the almost universal bird's eye knitted images that are actually useful in parking (one of the main problems with kerbing in my experience is that the fender cameras don't show the rear wheels). This is a company that's mis-sold a dream of UK FSD when it's being coded for American streets...
That's all my personal view, and others will disagree with some or all of it. But the temperature on this thread seems top suggest that most people think that removing USS is the dumbest move imaginable. What next - they'll be chopping the steering wheel in half? ;)
I note that you aren't actually addressing the point I raised, and instead are just playing to the choir of moaners on this thread. Given how resale values have been high for a long time why not just save yourself the heartache.

I note that you aren't actually addressing the point I raised, and instead are just playing to the choir of moaners on this thread. Given how resale values have been high for a long time why not just save yourself the heartache.
The classic “go buy another car” line. Always trotted out when you’ve lost the argument and have nothing better to bring to the conversation.

Here we go, back to the ridiculous notion that anyone who dares to make a perfectly valid criticism of Tesla is a moaner. And then the suggestion that you should just p*ss off and buy a different make of car. It’s rather pathetic, even more so for being entirely predictable. Perhaps a more positive suggestion would be that Tesla try and improve some of the frankly embarrassing aspects of their oh so incredibly advanced, cutting edge cars.

Besides, we need “moaners” (I would call them “realists”) to counteract the sycophantic hero worship of people who will tolerate no criticism of Tesla, however much that criticism might be deserved.

Here we go, back to the ridiculous notion that anyone who dares to make a perfectly valid criticism of Tesla is a moaner. And then the suggestion that you should just p*ss off and buy a different make of car. It’s rather pathetic, even more so for being entirely predictable. Perhaps a more positive suggestion would be that Tesla try and improve some of the frankly embarrassing aspects of their oh so incredibly advanced, cutting edge cars.

Besides, we need “moaners” (I would call them “realists”) to counteract the sycophantic hero worship of people who will tolerate no criticism of Tesla, however much that criticism might be deserved.
I reckon there are one or two on this thread who have quietly slipped into the bathroom with extra Andrex and some KY to celebrate the announcement that Tesla and Zoom have linked up. "My car allows me to 'work' wherever I am! Amazing tech, others will be so jealous!'

Meanwhile, East European cars from 15 years ago have automatic wipers that work properly...

Amazing tech . A laptop and mobile phone in my (other) 30yr old car gives me access to more infotainment and work potential than Tesla will ever provide...
Why the laptop? ;) I have more tech at my fingers right this second than is in our car, yet people are somehow in awe of the tech in their car. This tech at my fingertips is incredibly reliable, starts up almost instantly and should I wish, be at hand 24/7 to do pretty much anything I wish from it.

I may not have 8 cameras or USS, but I have 4 much higher definition cameras and LiDAR.

So much for Tesla advanced tech.

… about to go back to laptop to do some real work with real keyboard on a couple of high resolution screens… ok so phone may not be the answer to everything but it’s a pretty advanced tool in absence of dedicated tools. Can’t say the same of Tesla tech, but hey, what do you expect of a car. So it’s a good thing that it’s not a computer with wheels as it would be bottom of the computing tech pile.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Why the laptop? ;) I have more tech at my fingers right this second than is in our car, yet people are somehow in awe of the tech in their car. This tech at my fingertips is incredibly reliable, starts up almost instantly and should I wish, be at hand 24/7 to do pretty much anything I wish from it.

I may not have 8 cameras or USS, but I have 4 much higher definition cameras and LiDAR.

So much for Tesla advanced tech.

… about to go back to laptop to do some real work with real keyboard on a couple of high resolution screens… ok so phone may not be the answer to everything but it’s a pretty advanced tool in absence of dedicated tools. Can’t say the same of Tesla tech, but hey, what do you expect of a car. So it’s a good thing that it’s not a computer with wheels as it would be bottom of the computing tech pile.
aged eyes don't like mere 6.7in screens without keyboards for real work and easy viewing. It slides under the seat when not needed, nav ap on phone takes over.. ergonomic controls in the old clunker give me instant access to heaters, lights, wipers etc and a couple of simple levers allow me to move the seat even without battery power. I have a bit of a wish list for airbags though. Oh, and if a headlight fails it's about £5 for a new bulb...

Reactions: CWT3LR