Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else foresee having to explain to your passengers this summertime why you’re manically shouting “Disable Arse Conditioning System” with an increasing level of Father Ted-esk exasperation? All whilst the car trolls you with a spiral of worsening misinterpretations, and your behind becomes yet more sweatily uncomfortable?

I reckon it’s 50/50 that’ll be in our collective futures!

One of the things I was adamant about when I took delivery of the Model 3 was that at the end of the trial I’d pay premium for the satellite maps alone and in the S I’ve never turned them off in any way. Me lurrrves them. But in all the previews and design guesses at the V11 software I’ve seen, I just can’t picture how satellite maps will sit aesthetically will the stuff around it. A big square of realworld green-ness will look incongruous when I try and imagine it. I’m sure it’ll be fine when I see it for real but at the moment…. hmmmm.

If I was Tesla, when I released V9 (V!!?) then I'd offer a promotion to get sales going - something like 2 weeks free trial of EAP/FSD
But when Tesla, being Tesla, give people a free trial of EAP, they don’t tell them. If users are lucky they discover they have the trial just before it is due to expire. They give it a try, decide it’s not worth paying for and go back to wondering whether V11 will fix phantom braking!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
But when Tesla, being Tesla, give people a free trial of EAP, they don’t tell them. If users are lucky they discover they have the trial just before it is due to expire. They give it a try, decide it’s not worth paying for and go back to wondering whether V11 will fix phantom braking!

Musky scheduled the free trial based on his own unrealistic expectations of V11 deployment, he promised V11 "in 2 weeks" 3 weeks ago, he made the same promise again this week. The original commitment was for Thanksgiving Day 02020!

Musky scheduled the free trial based on his own unrealistic expectations of V11 deployment, he promised V11 "in 2 weeks" 3 weeks ago, he made the same promise again this week. The original commitment was for Thanksgiving Day 02020!
To be honest, he can keep doing that until it lands... After it's widely available everyone will forget that it was overhyped for 2 years prior - assuming it delivers,

Which is probably why they keep delaying - just fixing one more thing etc. They are not exactly in a rush, no competition, billions in the bank, lots of other things that are arguably more important for their mission going on.

If we look at this through the lens of game development, I'd rather they delay it and release a good copy than release a mess they need to patch over the next year.

To be honest, he can keep doing that until it lands... After it's widely available everyone will forget that it was overhyped for 2 years prior - assuming it delivers,

Which is probably why they keep delaying - just fixing one more thing etc. They are not exactly in a rush, no competition, billions in the bank, lots of other things that are arguably more important for their mission going on.

If we look at this through the lens of game development, I'd rather they delay it and release a good copy than release a mess they need to patch over the next year.

They may have "billions in the bank" but the revenue for FSD can't be fully recognised until full functionality is delivered, which is why there's always a rush a QTR end when sales are short (for example due to a chip shortage)

They may have "billions in the bank" but the revenue for FSD can't be fully recognised until full functionality is delivered, which is why there's always a rush a QTR end when sales are short (for example due to a chip shortage)

I'm not quite sure what point you are making. People don't buy FSD - and that is one of the reasons they are rushing - but only when sales are short?

Interesting to see how Tesla vision handles thick fog and low bright sunshine - multiple cameras blocked and blinded - drive yourself?

Actually its worse than driving yourself. If Teslavision fails for whatever reason, safety systems in normal driving scenarios such as emergency braking will be severely compromised too. I would like to see how this plays out with the NCAP tests.

It’s a common misconception that California is a dry, sunny place where it never rains. The distance between the top and bottom of California is bigger than the distance between London and Rome or about the same distance from Edinburgh to Madrid, and we wouldn’t expect them to have the same weather.