Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done about 110 miles today on the new release, outwards during the day and back after sunset with rain some of the way in each direction.

On the way out the wipers performed flawlessly, on the way back they were mostly OK although I had to manually activate them about four or five times. They seem to have the biggest problem when it's light rain and the screen gradually becomes coated over a minute or so.

I got a forward collision warning when pulling away from traffic lights behind another vehicle, even though I was allowing to to pull away from me, so there's still work to do there.

I was pleasantly surprised with TACC, it started slowing to match the speed of anything in front of me before reaching the set follow distance so I didn't get the sudden slowing that I've seen in the past. It also seems to maintain speed if you indicate and pull out to pass a slower vehicle where previously it would continue slowing until you had completely moved into the other lane.

I much prefer the new Homelink controls, they now appear as large buttons below the vehicle visualisation when in range - considerably easier to use than the old setup.

I definitely miss the cards for tyre pressure and the trip computer, but other than that I've not found anything I hate yet. Still, early days!

I was driving tonight and the wipers and auto dip headlights are still pants.
Slow drizzle completely obscured the windscreen until a car approached so the cameras could see the lack of visibility. Then they wiped. How are cameras supposed to see rain in the dark?

I think this rapid dry wiping is showing the weakness when using camaras as any smear is seen as rain so triggering the wipers. Frost over the front cameras just after defrosting always triggers them for me. The windscreen is quicker to clear than the heated glass in front of the lenses.

Not a fan. Too many functions are now 2 taps away.

Key things I don't like:-
No driver profile on top bar
No dashcam icon in top bar
Trip stats no longer in card below visualisations, but now in controls > trips which blocks navigation
Heated seats icons no longer in bottom bar

Like the blindspot camera when indicating

Guess I'll get used to it, but overall, I think it's a backward step with too many commonly used functions being behind menus rather than in the top/bottom bar.
Yep, this with old android vibes; it’s surprisingly bad, with basic Issues that should have been picked up in testing.. priority given to non control functions, rather than car control functions.

Had to drive in thick fog this evening.

Couldn’t find the fog lights on V11?!

I had to pull over so I could search through the menus. How it isn’t under “quick controls” with the headlight controls, where it used to be, Christ knows?!

Crazy?!

So now when you enter a town, you have to fumble through menus to turn the bloody thing off, then do the same again, when back out on the open road.

Had to drive in thick fog this evening.

Couldn’t find the fog lights on V11?!

I had to pull over so I could search through the menus. How it isn’t under “quick controls” with the headlight controls, where it used to be, Christ knows?!

Crazy?!

So now when you enter a town, you have to fumble through menus to turn the bloody thing off, then do the same again, when back out on the open road.
...and why in the hell can we not use the voice commands "front fog lights on/off" or "rear fog lights on/off"?