Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32.6 ca28227

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got alerted on this update and installed this AM. The list of official updates is minor again.

So far only one quick drive:

- AP2 autosteer seems to track much more smoothly

-TACC still seems to overreact more than it should.

My short drive to work seemed to show that its a bet smoother on sharp curves but it isn't sure if a car is in the turn lane or in front of you and decides to start braking for cars in turn lanes that were previously in your lane. A nudge of the accelerator fixes that. Also seems to stop a lot further back than before in stop and go traffic. I've not had a chance to see what varying the following distance does for that. My AP1 Model S though would slow down and then pull up to a normal distance to the car in front. Overall mostly improved though I think at this point. Also like people have mentioned, you get to see two cars ahead now.

My commute is all local so I usually test the Auto Pilot on local streets. With this update (in addition to noticing two cars ahead), the car appears to notice the car in front at a greater distance and seems to react more appropriately. I get a smoother driving experience as a result. In addition, a significant improvement is that the X no longer abruptly stops due to cars parked to the side on the street. I used to get random stops because my X thinks that these parked cars were obstructions in my driving line. Now, it drives past parked cars smoothly. A significant upgrade in my opinion.

just had an update 2017.32.6 ca28227 installed last night on my AP2 Model X.

I had a "test drive" today for about 2 hours and 100 miles and even though it says minor bugs and fixes only but I found new behavior of AP:

1. It does feel smoother on straight stretches. Previous version used to bounce in lane with lots of steering wheel action going from left to right. It still does happen at times but now it really feels that it is smoother and not as much left/right adjustments anymore... specially on curves it feels smoother. I am not going to say it is perfect but noticeable improvement.

2. Change lane improved a lot in my opinion and it is almost perfect. One time it jerked off on me while changing lane but other 50+ changes were really smooth even on curves.

3. Radar detected cars are back on dashboard. A few versions before they took out from AP2 cars icons for radar detected cars that are one ahead of car we follow. Now icon on dash is back and it is more stable and not dancing back and forth that much... One funny thing I was going behind semi and it was detected as 2 cars ;-) Still no cars in adjacent lanes on dashboard.

4. Following distance got worse... it keeps car behind car in front in a distance set by 1-7 but distances are much longer now... I used to be 4-5 guy to allow myself reaction ;) but now in slow traffic setting even 1 feels like you are a way too far from the car in front... :-( it also doesn't speed up quickly when car in front does.. it waits long time :( however on higher speeds it holds distance better than before... doesn't get closer than your set distance and reacts quickly to sudden stops of the car in front.

Overall it goes in the right direction but following distance and acceleration is a step back I hope they fix this soon...

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Sather
Got more miles on it now.

Ping ponging seems mostly gone.
Not hugging the side during stop and go!
TACC distances seem way longer now as reported above.
I'm definitely having some overreaction to cars in other lanes.

So overall, Autosteer is a lot better for me, but TACC seems like a step backwards.

With active emails and correspondence back and forth concerning some serious EAP issues it makes sense that this update is mainly for something as erroneous as uncorking those crippled by a previous update. You would think Tesla would send updates to cars and customers with reported and open working cases if it had ANY EAP improvements. At least that would more sense than the sporadic method in use now.

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2581.JPG Got one on my AP 1 Model X.