TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017.32.6 ca28227

Discussion in 'Model X' started by blake6551, Aug 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. blake6551

blake6551 Member

Just got alerted on this update and installed this AM. The list of official updates is minor again.

So far only one quick drive:

- AP2 autosteer seems to track much more smoothly

-TACC still seems to overreact more than it should.

2. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Funny, with 528869 I thought TACC pretty good, but steering rather iffy especially around offramps and onramps where one lane line would be gone! Curious to try this patch.

• Like x 1
  3. crazygordon297

Installing mine now

4. GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR Member

got this last night. AutoPilot is now good to at least not ping pong like the previous version. However, it still brakes harder than it needs to.

5. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

My short drive to work seemed to show that its a bet smoother on sharp curves but it isn't sure if a car is in the turn lane or in front of you and decides to start braking for cars in turn lanes that were previously in your lane. A nudge of the accelerator fixes that. Also seems to stop a lot further back than before in stop and go traffic. I've not had a chance to see what varying the following distance does for that. My AP1 Model S though would slow down and then pull up to a normal distance to the car in front. Overall mostly improved though I think at this point. Also like people have mentioned, you get to see two cars ahead now.

6. joebob73

joebob73 Member

My commute is all local so I usually test the Auto Pilot on local streets. With this update (in addition to noticing two cars ahead), the car appears to notice the car in front at a greater distance and seems to react more appropriately. I get a smoother driving experience as a result. In addition, a significant improvement is that the X no longer abruptly stops due to cars parked to the side on the street. I used to get random stops because my X thinks that these parked cars were obstructions in my driving line. Now, it drives past parked cars smoothly. A significant upgrade in my opinion.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Waldek

Waldek Member

just had an update 2017.32.6 ca28227 installed last night on my AP2 Model X.

I had a "test drive" today for about 2 hours and 100 miles and even though it says minor bugs and fixes only but I found new behavior of AP:

1. It does feel smoother on straight stretches. Previous version used to bounce in lane with lots of steering wheel action going from left to right. It still does happen at times but now it really feels that it is smoother and not as much left/right adjustments anymore... specially on curves it feels smoother. I am not going to say it is perfect but noticeable improvement.

2. Change lane improved a lot in my opinion and it is almost perfect. One time it jerked off on me while changing lane but other 50+ changes were really smooth even on curves.

3. Radar detected cars are back on dashboard. A few versions before they took out from AP2 cars icons for radar detected cars that are one ahead of car we follow. Now icon on dash is back and it is more stable and not dancing back and forth that much... One funny thing I was going behind semi and it was detected as 2 cars ;-) Still no cars in adjacent lanes on dashboard.

4. Following distance got worse... it keeps car behind car in front in a distance set by 1-7 but distances are much longer now... I used to be 4-5 guy to allow myself reaction ;) but now in slow traffic setting even 1 feels like you are a way too far from the car in front... :-( it also doesn't speed up quickly when car in front does.. it waits long time :( however on higher speeds it holds distance better than before... doesn't get closer than your set distance and reacts quickly to sudden stops of the car in front.

Overall it goes in the right direction but following distance and acceleration is a step back I hope they fix this soon...

• Informative x 2
  8. travwill

travwill Active Member

Got this on my AP1 car today. Will judge later if any improvements for us... anyone else yet?

9. blake6551

blake6551 Member

Got more miles on it now.

Ping ponging seems mostly gone.
    Not hugging the side during stop and go!
    TACC distances seem way longer now as reported above.
    I'm definitely having some overreaction to cars in other lanes.

So overall, Autosteer is a lot better for me, but TACC seems like a step backwards.

10. C_A_Braun

C_A_Braun Meet Voodoo, Our S75.

:eek:

Who the heck requested that "feature"?

• Funny x 21
    • Like x 1
  11. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

• Like x 1
  12. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Note that Tesla must think this release is wonderful... it's got the quickest rollout of any recent release over the last few days: over 60 a day on ev-fw when others were lucky to see 2 or 3!

• Informative x 1
  13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Or it could be that they have to get it rolled out in time to meet the deadline agreed to from the small claims suit that we think prompted this update.

• Like x 1
  14. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

what small claims suit? Did you mean to say class action?

15. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

• Informative x 1
  16. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

With the ventilated seat option set on "high", this can be quite titillating

• Funny x 1
  17. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

18. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

With active emails and correspondence back and forth concerning some serious EAP issues it makes sense that this update is mainly for something as erroneous as uncorking those crippled by a previous update. You would think Tesla would send updates to cars and customers with reported and open working cases if it had ANY EAP improvements. At least that would more sense than the sporadic method in use now.

19. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2581.JPG Got one on my AP 1 Model X.

20. larmic1

larmic1 New Member

My XP100D just finished the download this morning. I will be scheduling some extra drive time to put it through its paces. Much of my commutes are in bumper-to-bumper traffic, so a working TACC is important to me!