Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26 3bbd9fd .-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late 2017 S90D - Just installed update last night, and the rear camera isn’t working this morning (just a flat gray screen - parking lines still show up). Tried resetting both the MCU1 and IC but neither worked. Anyone else experiencing this?

Am I the only one thinking AP 2.0 under this version is spectacular on highways? I did 200km yesterday with zero unintended disengagements, 100km of it during semi-heavy traffic.
Agreed 100%.

It is a lot smoother from accelerating, lane change to stopping. Even when a car cut into my lane with tight space, my car slowed down at the right speed. Did not slam the brake

Love this version so far

Got my 2018.26 update yesterday, the center console (big screen) map change is a noticeable. I am pretty sure the map is vector base because when I rotate/zoom the map, the labels on the map reorient instantaneously, something that bitmap-based map could not easily achieved.

Am I the only one thinking AP 2.0 under this version is spectacular on highways? I did 200km yesterday with zero unintended disengagements, 100km of it during semi-heavy traffic.
I can confirm, AP 2.5 is working fine on highways and de-acceleration (or stopping) behind cars is very smooth and has been improved.

To be honest I always though that 12 and 8 values of the slider were exactly the same. It sounded the same on 12 as it did on 8 when on max. It just seems to give more options between 0 and 12.
I tried to point this out to people, that all it does is offer more gradations but not more dB of adjustment at all and it's purely cosmetic, but marketing is everything... it not only goes to 11, it goes to 12!

I installed 2018.26 a few days ago, I had 24.1.
Didn't notice any real difference until I was on the highway this morning in heavy traffic.
Huge difference. Much smoother stopping and acceleration in stop and go traffic.
I got .26 yesterday and noticed the smoother stopping right away. Not sure about the acceleration. It seems to delay at taking off (behind a car at a red light) but I do think the acceleration later on may be more confident. But not a big difference like the smoother stopping to me.

You guys have me really stoked. So I just got this update from 2018.24, and my chief complaint is the “speed up speed up OH WAIT CRAP SLOW DOWN” low speed TACC behavior. Looking forward to my trip home tomorrow.

Everything else about my current AP2 performance has been two thumbs up.

I’m still on an old, not so many nags version. Is it finally time to update?
Honestly if I were to go back again I would make the same decisions all over again. I’d rather hold the wheel in elon’s special way and enjoy the improved AP performance than stay on an older build that had more difficulty with curves and long distance braking reaction with fewer nags....

Reactions: pilotSteve
Honestly if I were to go back again I would make the same decisions all over again. I’d rather hold the wheel in elon’s special way and enjoy the improved AP performance than stay on an older build that had more difficulty with curves and long distance braking reaction with fewer nags....
I feel the same. I think you said this perfect: "I’d rather hold the wheel in elon’s special way ...."

• Love
Reactions: chillaban
You guys have me really stoked. So I just got this update from 2018.24, and my chief complaint is the “speed up speed up OH WAIT CRAP SLOW DOWN” low speed TACC behavior. Looking forward to my trip home tomorrow.
Don't get too excited. It's far from perfect, but it's a lot better and worth the upgrade.

Not sure about the acceleration. It seems to delay at taking off (behind a car at a red light) but I do think the acceleration later on may be more confident. But not a big difference like the smoother stopping to me.

Whereas I am quite sure. Acceleration from stopped is still glacially slow and painful. This still remains one of my big bugbears. I understand that being conservative will lead to far less false take-offs when the car in front is only creeping ahead, and that take-off will be smoother, but this is still absurdly slow. It should be able to almost parallel the car in front, faster than a human could do. I don't accept that it's done for smooth take-offs as later on it can be quite aggressive with its acceleration by comparison.

The nagging is REALLY annoying and almost making AP not worth it...almost.

Road tripped yesterday - had hand on the wheel entire time, nagging even kicked in when I was using the blinker to change lanes in AP - which is hilarious to me - does it not realize that I actually have my hands functioning on the wheel?

It did it to me when I was using the scroll wheels even...

There has to be a better way - the “pressure” requirement may as well be go ahead and steer as it takes a good amount...